Low-E Glass Coatings Market: Introduction
- Low-E glass coatings is a form of coating that offers low emissivity. These are applied onto glass surfaces. Furthermore, these coatings help decrease the heat loss by reflecting infrared energy entering the surface. Low-E glass coatings also help decrease the U value, thereby enhancing energy efficiency of the glass.
- Based on type, the low-E glass coatings market can be segmented into sputtered and pyrolytic. Pyrolytic is mainly used in the production and formulation of low-E glass coatings due to its inherent chemical and mechanical durability. Sputtered coatings use metals, metal oxides, and metal nitrides. They are a bit softer than pyrolytic types. Pyrolytic low-E glass coatings are highly durable, scratch resistant, and can be used for single-glazed applications. Furthermore, these coatings have higher U values compared to sputtered low-E glass coatings.
- Based on application, the market can be segmented into building & construction, automotive, and others. The building & construction segment is expected to hold major share of the market in the near future. The automotive segment is anticipated to expand at a slower pace than that of the building & construction segment. The shift of manufacturing toward electric vehicles is estimated to offer lucrative opportunities to the demand for low-E glass coatings across the globe in the near future.
Key Drivers of Low-E Glass Coatings Market
- Rise in disposable income of consumers has led to an improvement in standard of living. This, in turn, is boosting the demand for smart infrastructure facilities across the globe. These factors are propelling the demand for low-E glass. Additionally, windows made of low-E glass coatings help reflect the rays of the sun. According to a study, standard glass has the ability to reflect 16% of the infrared striking the surface, while glass with low-E glass coatings reflects 96% of the incident longwave radiation. This lowers energy consumption in the room. These factors are projected to drive the low-E glass coatings market across the globe.
- Increase in awareness about global warming has led to intensification of legislation and directives to make buildings more energy efficient across the globe. This is expected to drive the demand for low-E glass coatings in the near future.
Europe and North America to hold Major Share of the Global Low-E Glass Coatings Market
- Geographically, the global low-E glass coatings market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Europe and North America are anticipated to constitute major share of the global market during the forecast period. The market in these regions is estimated to expand at a rapid pace owing to the rise in sustainable housing construction and reconstruction activities.
- Increase in FDI investment in the construction industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific is also likely to fuel the market in the region during the forecast period. The market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a fast-paced CAGR due to the rise in per capita income in developing nations and increase in spending power of the people in the region.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –https://www.transparencymarketresearch.com/sample/sample.php?flag=covid19&rep_id=77486
Key Players Operating in Low-E Glass Coatings Market
The global low-E glass coatings market is highly fragmented with presence of large numbers of producers operating across the globe. Prominent players operating in the low-E glass coatings market include:
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd
- AGC Inc.
- Central Glass Co. Ltd.
- Xinyi Glass Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Cardinal Glass Industries
- CEVITAL GROUP
- China Glass Holding, Ltd
- GUARDIAN GLASS LLC
- Fuyao Glass Industry Group Co., Ltd.
- Saint-Gobain S.A
- SCHOTT AG
- Sisecam Group
- Taiwan Glass Ind. Corp.
- Vitro, S.A.B. DE C.V.
- Explore Transparency Market Research’s award-winning coverage of the global Chemicals and Materials Industry:
Company Name: Transparency Market Research
Contact Person: Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Email: Send Email
Address:90 State Street, Suite 700
State: New York
Country: United States