According to Arizton’s latest research report, the Latin America green data center market is growing at a CAGR of 10.79% during 2022-2028.
To Know More, Download the Free Sample Report: https://www.arizton.com/request-sample/3985
Green data centers in Latin America are adopted by local companies, particularly in the telecom sectors. These companies are crucial in managing data storage and processing, particularly in the region’s small- and mid-sized markets. Prominent data center companies Ascenty, Digital Realty HostDime, and Scala Data Center are committed to lowering carbon emissions and sourcing renewable energy to power their operation. Hyperscale operators, such as Google, AWS, Microsoft, and Huawei Technologies, primarily drive sustainable investments and technological innovation. Microsoft is actively exploring ways to minimize waste and create environment-friendly data centers through various trials and research initiatives. Major hyperscalers AWS, Microsoft, and Google pledged to give back more water than they use by 2030.
Larger Colocation and Hyperscale Data Center Operators Driving the Market Growth
- Hyperscale operators such as Google and Microsoft are actively driving renewable energy adoption in Latin America. For instance, in January 2022, Microsoft announced plans to develop a cloud region in Chile at an investment of over $315 million. The cloud region will be powered by 100% renewable energy.
- Colocation operators such as ODATA and Scala Data Centers are also active adopters of renewable energy in Latin America. For instance, in November 2022, Scala Data Centers signed a PPA of 600 MW with Enel Américas to power its hyperscale data center campus in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Some of the major renewable energy producers and suppliers in the Latin American market include Enel Green Power, ENGIE, GreenYellow, and The AES Corporation, among others.
Innovations in Data Center Cooling and Power Technologies
- In Latin America, innovations in data center power technology include the adoption of lithium-ion and smart grid UPS systems and DRUPS systems.
- Fuel cell-based power backup is also expected to enter the Latin American market in the long term, driving down investments in inefficient diesel generators and the market for efficiencies.
- Hydrotreated vegetable oil (HVO) is among the emerging trends in the data center market. However, data center operators in Latin America are yet to adopt this technology. There are initiatives by some oil companies involved in the development of the HVO fuel stations, wherein it is witnessed that during the forecast period, at least some operators will introduce HVO in their data center facilities.
- A tropical test bed is currently in the testing phase in Singapore to make data centers more efficient in a tropical climate. If successful, this can also positively impact the Latin American market and bring down the PUE of facilities further.
- Free cooling is adopted by data center operators in facilities in Brazil, Chile, Argentina, and the Caribbean, at least partially. For instance, Equinix uses free cooling in its SP3 data center in São Paulo.
Prominent Data Center Investors
- Ascenty (Digital Realty)
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Ava Telecom
- Huawei Technologies
- KIO Networks
- Lumen Technologies (Cirion)
- ODATA (Aligned)
- Scala Data Centers
- Telecom Italia Sparkle
Renewable Energy Providers
- Acciona Energia
- EDP Renewables
- Enel Green Power
- Elera Renováveis
- Faro Energy
- HDF Energy
- Mainstream Renewable Power
- RZK Energia
- The AES Corporation
- Infrastructure: Electrical Infrastructure, Mechanical Infrastructure, and General Construction
- Electrical Infrastructure: UPS Systems, Generators, and Other Electrical Infrastructures
- Mechanical Infrastructure: Cooling Systems, Racks, and Others Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling System: CRAC & CRAH Units, Chiller Units, Cooling Towers, Condensers & Dry Coolers, Economizers & Evaporative Coolers, and Other Cooling Units
- General Construction: Core and Shell Development, MEP & Architectural Design Services, Physical Security & Fire Safety Systems, and DCIM/BMS Solution
- Geography: Latin America (Brazil, Chile, Mexico, Columbia, and the Rest of Latin America Countries)
Key Questions Answered in the Report:
How big is the Latin America green data center market?
What is the growth rate of the Latin America green data center market?
What are the key trends in the Latin America green data center market?
Which country holds the largest Latin America green data center market share?
How many MW of power capacity is expected to reach the Latin America green data center market by 2028?
Check the Detailed Table of Contents of the Report @ https://www.arizton.com/market-reports/latin-america-green-data-center-market?details=tableOfContents
100% Customer Satisfaction
24×7 availability – we are always there when you need us
200+ Fortune 500 Companies trust Arizton’s report
80% of our reports are exclusive and first in the industry
100% more data and analysis
1500+ reports published till date
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovative and quality-driven firm that offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients worldwide. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
We offer comprehensive market research reports on consumer goods & retail technology, automotive and mobility, smart tech, healthcare, life sciences, industrial machinery, chemicals, materials, I.T. and media, logistics, and packaging. These reports contain detailed industry analysis, market size, share, growth drivers, and trend forecasts.
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 302 469 0707
Country: United States