The Lactose Intolerance Market is expected to show positive growth in the forecast period (2022–2032) due to the development of well-designed, randomized, controlled non-crossover trials with potential benefits. Moreover, the shortfall of approved therapy might provide suitable space for emerging therapies.
DelveInsight’s Lactose Intolerance Market Insights report includes a comprehensive understanding of current treatment practices, Lactose Intolerance emerging drugs, Lactose Intolerance market share of individual therapies, and current and forecasted market size from 2019 to 2032, segmented into 7MM [the United States, the EU5 (the United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, France, and Germany), Japan].
Key highlights of the Lactose Intolerance Market Report
- According to DelveInsight, the total prevalent cases of Lactose Intolerance (LI) in the 7MM was found to be 226,677,104 in 2017.
- As per DelveInsight assessments, the majority of cases of Lactose Intolerance are mild followed by moderate to severe.
- Increase in general awareness of people towards lactose intolerance has led to the creation of various lactose free products, which will continue to evolve in the coming future.
- Leading Lactose intolerance companies includes such as Ritter Pharmaceuticals, and several others.
- The Promising Lactose intolerance therapies in the pipeline included such as RP‐G28, and several others
Know which therapies are expected to grab major Lactose Intolerance Market Share @ Lactose Intolerance Market Research Report
Lactose Intolerance Overview
Lactose Intolerance (LI) is defined as a clinical syndrome characterized by pain and abdominal distention, flatulence, and diarrhea that occurs after lactose consumption. These symptoms—produced by malabsorption of lactose, a sugar found in milk and other dairy products—often result in avoidance of dairy products by afflicted individuals.
Lactose intolerance is mainly caused by genome-diet interaction and depends not only on the expression of lactase enzyme but also on the dose of lactose intake, intestinal flora, gastrointestinal motility, small intestinal bacterial overgrowth. Along with this, the sensitivity of the gastrointestinal tract to generate gas and other fermentation products due to lactose digestion.
There are two types of lactose intolerance in babies: primary and secondary lactose intolerance. Primary lactose intolerance (or congenital lactose intolerance) is a very rare genetic condition. While, secondary lactose intolerance occurs when the gut lining (where lactase is produced) is damaged.
Lactose Intolerance Epidemiology Insights
The Lactose Intolerance epidemiology section provides insights about the historical and current Lactose Intolerance patient pool and forecasted trends for individual seven major countries. It helps to recognize the causes of current and forecasted trends by exploring numerous studies and views of key opinion leaders. This part of the Lactose Intolerance market report also provides the diagnosed patient pool and their trends along with assumptions undertaken.
For further information of this report to understand which factors are driving Lactose Intolerance epidemiology trends @ Lactose Intolerance Epidemiological Insights
Lactose Intolerance Treatment Market
The most widely recommended strategy for management or treatment of symptoms in patients with LI is exclusion of milk and dairy products from their diet, since this approach seems to alleviate the symptoms caused by the disease. However, it is known that complete exclusion of such products is not necessary since most of these individuals can tolerate up to 12 g of lactose in a single dose and have a good tolerance for fermented dairy products. Observational studies report improvement of abdominal complaints, with lactose restriction in up to 85% of IBS patients with lactose malabsorption; however, in randomized controlled trials, no significant improvement has been found with dietary or enzyme-replacement treatment.
Lactose Intolerance Market Outlook
According to DelveInsight analysis, the market size of Lactose Intolerance in the 7MM is USD 9,688.54 million in 2017, which is increases during the study period (2017-2028).The United States accounts for the highest market size of Lactose Intolerance in comparison to the other major markets i.e., EU5 countries (the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, and Spain),and Japan. Among the EU5 countries, Italy had the highest market size in 2017, while Germany had the lowest market size of Lactose Intolerance.
Lactose Intolerance Emerging Therapies
Talking about the emerging therapies, presently, there are not many pharma giants that are working for this indication, and only of the company is working towards the development of therapy in late stage of development. Ritter Pharmaceuticals is developing novel therapeutic products that modulate the human gut microbiome to treat gastrointestinal diseases. Their lead product, RP-G28, has the potential to become the first FDA-approved treatment for lactose intolerance. The product stimulates the growth of lactose-metabolizing bacteria in the colon, which reduces lactose-derived gas production and thereby mitigates the symptoms of lactose intolerance in the process.
Learn more about the Lactose Intolerance therapies in clinical trials @ Drugs for Lactose Intolerance Treatment
Scope of the Lactose Intolerance Market Research Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Forecast Period- 2022-2032
- Lactose intolerance companies- Ritter Pharmaceuticals, and several others.
- Lactose intolerance therapies- RP‐G28, and several others
- Lactose intolerance Therapeutic Assessment- Current marketed and emerging therapies
- Lactose intolerance Market Dynamics- Lactose intolerance Market Drivers and Barriers
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis- SWOT analysis, PESTLE analysis, Porter’s five forces, BCG Matrix, Market entry strategies
- Unmet Needs, KOL’s views, Analyst’s views, Lactose intolerance Market Access and Reimbursement
Discover more about Lactose intolerance medications in development @ Lactose intolerance Clinical Trials
Table of content
- Key Insights
- Executive Summary
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis
- Lactose intolerance Market Overview at a Glance
- Lactose intolerance Disease Background and Overview
- Patient Journey
- Lactose intolerance Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Lactose intolerance Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Lactose intolerance Market Treatment
- Lactose intolerance Marketed Products
- Lactose intolerance Emerging Therapies
- Seven Major Market Analysis
- Attribute analysis
- 7MM: Lactose intolerance Market Outlook
- Access and Reimbursement Overview
- KOL Views
- Lactose intolerance Market Drivers
- Lactose intolerance Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Get in touch with our Business Executive @ Lactose intolerance Market Size
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States