What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), also known as spastic colon, irritable colon, mucous colitis, and spastic colitis, is a long-term digestive system condition, which causes cramping, abdominal pain, bloating, gas, and diarrhea or constipation, or both.
How many people are affected by Irritable Bowel Syndrome?
- The total diagnosed Irritable Bowel Syndrome prevalence in 7MM was found to be 101.5 Million in 2017.
- IBS is thought to affect 1 in 5 people at some point in their life, and it usually first develops when a person is between 20 and 30 years of age. Around twice as many women are affected as men.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is the most common functional gastrointestinal (GI) disorder with worldwide prevalence rates ranging generally in the area of 10–15%.
- Among patients, about 40% of them have mild IBS, 35% suffer from moderate IBS, and 25% from severe IBS.
- A significant proportion – 35% to 40% – of individuals who report IBS in the community are male. On the other hand, approximately 60% to 65% of individuals who report IBS in the community are female.
Request for free sample pages @ Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market Share
What was Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market Size in 7MM in 2017?
Market size of Irritable Bowel Syndrome in the 7MM was found to be USD 1380.5 Million in 2017.
The dynamics of Irritable Bowel Syndrome market is anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the improvement in the diagnosis methodologies, rising awareness of the diseases, incremental healthcare spending across the world and expected launch of emerging therapies during the forecast period of 2020-2030.
Companies across the globe are working towards the development of new treatment therapies for Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
Key players such as Redhill Bio, Ardelyx Inc. and others are involved in the development of therapies for IBS. The launch of emerging therapies such as BEKINDA (Redhill Bio) and Tenapanor (Ardelyx Inc.) will significantly impact the Irritable Bowel Syndrome market during the forecast period (2020-2030).
Request for free sample pages @ Irritable Bowel Syndrome Market Size Report