“Internet of Things in Retail: Technologies and Usage Cases”, report discusses the benefits and challenges of IoT technologies such as RFID, Wi-Fi, Beacons, virtual reality, digital signage, robotics, drones and smart lighting. Usage cases by major retailers and vendors’ holistic solutions are evaluated, and advice provided regarding IoT implementations and how to successfully target retailers.
Browse the complete report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/reports/index/internet-of-things-in-retail-technologies-and-usage-cases-gainining-competitive-advantage-through-better-understanding-retailers-business-and-it-priorities
IoT offer retailers opportunities to collect and analyze increasingly granular data in stores and warehouses for optimizing business processes. Consumers’ increasingly connected lifestyles have contributed to the rise of IoT in retail by demanding better interaction in stores by utilizing the latest technologies, and the desire to make shopping a more personal experience based on customers’ preferences. IoT ecosystems provide full connectivity within the store to meet the customers needs and improve the customer experience.
Request a sample of this report @ www.orbisresearch.com/contacts/request-sample/358279
– IoT in retail stores and warehouses includes various connected devices/end points that either collect data for analytics purposes and for running applications (e.g. sensors, cameras, beacons, RFID, smart watches), or act on data generated by the application in order to display information or interact with customers and staff
– IoT extends to back-end analytics, networks, servers and data warehouses that are required to generate actionable insight
– Machinery including robotics and drones, and smart lighting form part of the latest IoT deployments since they provide “smart” interaction or data collection for analytics with linkages to other devices or a central database, which may also use artificial intelligence
Reasons to buy
– Gain a deeper understanding of IoT technologies and their importance in retail, which is especially beneficial for IT vendors when pitching these solutions to retailers.
– Retailers’ challenges and technology choices are discussed, and useful advice provided for IT vendors regarding offering digital signage, Wi-Fi, beacons, RFID and other IoT based solutions.
List of Tables
Table 1: Retail-specific IoT solutions vendors 32
Table 2: Supply-chain focused IoT solutions vendors 33
Table 3: Retail categories 36
Table 4: Retail channels 37
Table 5: IT Domains 38
List of Figures
Figure 1: Key benefits that retailers expect from IoT deployments 4
Figure 2: Retailers’ IT environments and stakeholders 6
Figure 3: Key business challenges facing retailers 7
Figure 4: IoT environments across retail organizations 10
Figure 5: Short-range (unlicensed) wireless technology usage in retail 14
Figure 6: Retailers’ investment in IoT technologies over the next two years 24
Figure 7: Retailers’ security approach: IoT-specific security controls 29
Figure 8: Key investment areas in IoT technologies in retail 30
Buy a report @ http://www.orbisresearch.com/contact/purchase/358279
Orbis Research (orbisresearch.com) is a single point aid for all your market research requirements. We have vast database of reports from the leading publishers and authors across the globe. We specialize in delivering customized reports as per the requirements of our clients. We have complete information about our publishers and hence are sure about the accuracy of the industries and verticals of their specialization. This helps our clients to map their needs and we produce the perfect required market research study for our clients.
Company Name: Orbis Research
Contact Person: Hector Costello
Phone: +1 (214) 884-6817
Address:4144N Central Expressway, Suite 600
Country: United States