The global infection surveillance solutions market size is poised to reach USD 1.0 billion by 2026, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc. The industry is expected to progress at a healthy CAGR of 14.3% during the forecast period. Infection surveillance has become a necessity in hospitals and other healthcare settings, owing to an increase in the number of admitted patients with various communicable and chronic conditions. This has led to a rising prevalence of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), which has subsequently aided the market advancement over the past few years. According to the HAI Prevalence Survey conducted by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), in 2014, around 722,000 cases of HAIs were detected in the U.S hospitals alone. Additionally, the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) stated that in 2016, 18,924 HAIs cases were reported in 400 acute care hospitals. All these statistics point towards the importance of efficient infection surveillance solutions as a means to combat HAIs, which have led to positive developments in the industry.
Improving healthcare settings worldwide coupled with advancements in healthcare IT infrastructure is projected to play a pivotal role in the growth of the market. Furthermore, a rise in the number of surgeries performed globally has led to increased length of stay in hospitals for patients. In the absence of proper infection surveillance measures, these patients are likely to transmit infectious diseases to staff and patients, while also opening themselves to infections from other sources. Government organizations have come forward to assist healthcare institutions in combating localized infections, thus advancing the market. For instance, in January 2018, the Indian Council of Medical Research and Pfizer, Inc. signed an agreement to introduce anti-microbial resistance stewardship programs, with the aim to scale up the AMR surveillance network in India.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/infection-surveillance-solutions-market
Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Report Highlights
• As per the European Commission (EC), around 25,000 people die in the EU from antibiotic-resistant bacteria. The figure is expected to increase to 10 million deaths per year if the current infection trend continues by 2050, thus calling into attention the presence of effective infection surveillance solutions
• With regards to products and services, the latter segment is projected to exhibit a higher CAGR during the forecast period, due to the higher adoption of software packages in healthcare facilities
• Surgical site infection (SSIs) segment is expected to show the most promising growth during the forecast period in the infection surveillance solutions market, owing to the increasing number of surgeries being performed globally
• North America is one of the critical regions for the growth of the infection surveillance solutions market. Government programs and rising awareness about infection surveillance have facilitated regional growth
• The global outbreak of coronavirus has swarmed hospitals and clinics with affected patients. A report by the Health Service Journal in December 2020, analyzing England’s National Health Service Data regarding hospital-acquired SARS-CoV-2 infections, found that HAIs were estimated to cause almost 1 in 4 hospital COVID-19 cases. This highlights the importance of the presence of effective infection surveillance solutions
• Few notable players in the infection surveillance solutions market include Wolters Kluwer, Gojo Industries, Becton, Dickinson and Company, RL Solutions, Baxter International, Premier, and Truven Health Analytics. The launch of new products is the major strategy adopted by industry players
• In August 2020, Wolters Kluwer announced the enhancement of its Sentri7 clinical surveillance solution with AI, for the purpose of identifying patients at risk for Clostridioides difficile infection. The development enables hospitals to identify at-risk patients days earlier, and prevent infection by addressing modifiable risk factors
Infection Surveillance Solutions Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global infection surveillance solutions market based on infection type, product and services, end use, and region:
Infection Surveillance Solutions Product and Services Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
Infection Surveillance Solutions Infection Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
• Surgical Site Infections (SSI)
• Blood Stream Infections (BSI)
• Urinary Tract Infections (UTI)
Infection Surveillance Solutions End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
• Long Term Care Facilities
• Others (Clinics, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers)
Infection Surveillance Solutions Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2026)
• North America
• The U.S.
• Asia Pacific
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• South Africa
• Saudi Arabia
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/5454/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company headquartered in San Francisco, which offers syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services to clients across a number of industries, including healthcare, materials, chemicals, energy, technology, and food and beverage, among others.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States