Thanks to the Electronic Travel Authorization introduced in India on November 27, 2014, travellers wishing to visit India do not have to queue at the Indian Embassy to obtain a visa. TheElectronic Travel Authorization, better known as Indian e-Visa, is now available for169 countries and Norwegian travellers are encouraged to opt for this travel authorization online. Indian e-Visa is a valid document that a Norwegian tourist, businessman or culture enthusiast can use. The Norwegianvisa is a perfect solution for tourists wishing to visit the sacred Ganges or the revered religious structures and architectural monuments of India. You can also experience the diverse cultures and gastronomy that the seventh largest country on earth has to offer.
WHAT IS AN INDIAN E-VISA?
It is an official document issued by the Government of India for expelled foreigners. The India e-Visa allows these citizens to enter the border legally. The duration of the e-Visa depends on the type of e-Visa you can apply for a Tourist e-Visa, Business e-Visa or Medical e-Visa.
WHAT PAPERS DO I HAVE TO PROVIDE TO GET THIS DOCUMENT?
- Valid passport: make sure that it is not expired when entering India-
- Digital photo of yourself: this picture must be recent and it should follow all the proper passport guidelines, including avoiding face gestures.
- A passport scan of the information page.
- Modes of payment: you can use Paypal or a credit/debit card.
- Business card copy and invitation letter: this requirement applies to people who want to go to India on business and apply for an India business e-Visa.
- Letter from the hospital in India: this is valid for people who apply for a medical visa.
India is a country in South Asia with lush natural beauty. It is also a country with a rich history, dating back hundreds of years, documenting the rise and fall of empires on its territory. Every year millions of tourists come from all over the world to experience India for themselves and enjoy all the wonders it has to offer including the Taj Mahal.
In 2014, the Government of India introduced an Electronic Travel Authorization System, allowing citizens of 166 countries to obtain India e-Visa.
This new system has been introduced to allow travellers to travel to and from India with ease. An e-Visa saves travellers the hassle of having to visit a local Indian embassy or consulate to obtain their visa. You can receive a visa online within a few days after filling in and submitting an application form with your details.
Documents Required for an Indian e-Visa for New Zealanders
- New Zealand passport with a minimum validity of 6 months from the expected date of arrival in India, containing at least 2 blank pages
- Digital image of the passport information page (also known as the biographical page)
- A recent photograph of the applicant, passport-style
- A valid credit or debit card
Swiss travellers must apply for a visa before entering India. In 2014, e-Visas were launched in India, allowing citizens of 166 countries to apply online for a tourist, medical or business e-Visa, including Swiss citizens. The India Visa for Swiss Citizens is a simple and quick process that can be completed in about 15 minutes from anywhere in the world as long as the applicant has an internet connection
Requirement for Indian Visa for Swiss citizens
- Passport – there are no difficulties in obtaining a passport, and if you already have one, make sure that it is still valid. Just look at the expiry date.
- Digital photo of yourself – it is recommended that the photo is recently taken. You should not make face gestures in it, and the background should be white.
- A scanned passport with its information page
- Modes of payment – You can use a credit or a debit card, and since Paypal has become quite popular, you can use that as well.
- Business card copy and invitation letter – this requirement applies to people who want to go to India on business and apply for an India business evisa.
- Letter from the hospital in India – this is valid for people who apply for a medical visa.
Travellers must apply for a visa to enter India. Currently, US citizens can obtain the e-Visa for India for short stays. In 2014, the country first introduced an e-Visa system, allowing citizens from more than 60 countries to apply for their visas online.
The India e-Visa is an official document that allows US Citizens to travel to India for the purpose of Tourism, Travel Industry, Clinic Visits etc. US citizens are eligible for an e-Visa for India, which is a multiple-entry visa allowing stays of up to 180 days in the country.
DO US CITIZENS NEED A VISA TO TRAVEL TO INDIA?
US passport holders require a visa to travel to India. Fortunately, US citizens can apply for the India e-Visa. The process is done entirely online with no need to submit any documents in person to any Indian Embassy or Consulate.
Documents Required for Indian e-Visa for US CITIZENS
- Passport with at least six months validity from the expected date of arrival
- a valid Debit or credit card
- Email address
- Full name (as it appears on your passport)
- Date and place of birth
- Address and contact info
- Passport details
- Applicant Photo
- Passport Personal Details Scan
- Last Page of Passport (if applicable)
Company Name: INDIAN Official
Contact Person: Kerry Thomas Findango
Email: Send Email
Phone: +81 3-3264-0911
Address:3 Nibancho, Chiyoda City