The Government of India has launched an Electronic Travel Authorization or e-Visa for India, allowing citizens of 180 countries to travel to India without physical passport stamps. Since 2014, international travelers wishing to visit India no longer need to apply for a traditional Indian paper visa in order to travel, simplifying the application process. Eligible citizens may travel to India for tourism purposes for up to 90 consecutive days per visit (180 days for Canadian, Japanese, UK and US citizens). The India Tourist eVisa is a multiple-entry visa and is valid for 365 days from the date of issue. A double entry tourist eVisa for India, allowing a stay of 30 days with 2 entries to India, is also available for those planning a shorter stay. Therefore, travelers are recommended to use this program to obtain their India e-Visa as the process is efficient and effective. Most visitors now prefer to complete the Indian Visa Application online, there is no need to go to the Embassy in person. and fill out forms and submit documents to the government.
Types of Indian e-Visa
- Tourist e-Visa
- Business e-Visa
- Medical Visa e-Visa
Indian Visa Application Online Document Requirements
- An electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of the visitor’s passport, which must be the standard passport and valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into India; Otherwise you will need to renew your passport.
- A color copy of the visitor’s most recent passport photograph (face only and can be taken with a phone).
- A working email address to receive the eVisa in their Inbox.
- A valid debit or credit card to pay for the registration fees.
India is an amazing country and in order to make it easier for tourists from different countries to visit, the Indian government is trying to make the process convenient. This new Indian Visa on Arrival or Indian e-Visa as it is also known can be applied for online, is available to many more countries and is the easiest and most convenient way to visit India. There are currently 75 countries eligible for the Indian Tourist Visa on Arrival, with more countries to be added soon. Indian Visa on Arrival is a new e-Visa that allows prospective visitors to apply for the visa without having to visit the Embassy of India. Entry for applicants is open from nine selected international airports in India. Another important thing to note is that upon arrival in India, applicants must apply for a tourist visa from their respective countries within 30 to 5 days of landing in India. Apply for an India Visa on Arrival online if you wish to visit the country as a tourist for sightseeing and recreation purposes.
Requirements for the India Visa on Arrival
- An electronic or scanned copy of the first (biographical) page of the visitor’s passport, which must be the standard Passport, and which must remain valid for at least 6 months from the date of entry into India
- You should also ensure that your Passport has two blank pages, which wouldn’t be seen online, but the border officers at the airport would need the two blank pages to stamp entry/exit on.
- A copy of the visitor’s recent passport-style color photo (only of the face, and it can be taken with a phone)
- A working email address to receive the eVisa
- A debit card or a credit card for the payment of the Indian e-Visa application fees.
- A return or onward ticket out of India.
INDIAN VISA APPLICATION PROCESS
The online visa for India is offered to nationals of 169 countries. You need an Indian visa, also known as an Indian tourist visa, to enter the country. India offers travelers from eligible countries the opportunity to obtain an e-Visa to enter the country. The India e-Visa is issued for tourism, visits to friends and family, short-term medical treatment and business visits. All applicants requested that they first apply through the online application to apply for the regular Indian Visa. All individual regular visa applications can be submitted online. Visit the Indian Visa Services Online Indian Visa Application Process website for form instructions and to schedule an appointment.
There are three steps for the Regular Visa Application Form Process:
- The first step is to apply online and get a regular visa application form by mail.
- The second step is to submit your application form and documents at the Indian Mission or Visa Application Centre.
- The third step is to collect your Passport/visa from the Indian Mission, Visa Application Centre, or by post.
Here’s the required documents:
- Applicant photo – A recent photo of yourself, taken against a white background
- Passport personal details scan or travel document showing your photograph and passport details
- Copy of the last page of your passport (if applicable)
- A Valid email address so we can communicate with you
- You can use a Credit or debit card to pay for the fees
INDIAN VISA PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS
India e-Visa requirements are essential to obtain the necessary authorization to enter India. Basic requirements include a valid passport, email address and a debit or credit card. Be sure to check the validity of your passport. The India e-Visa is currently available to citizens of 169 countries. Many travelers can easily get the necessary entry permit for India. The India e-Visa is an online visa issued by the Government of India. There are three main types of e-Visas for India, e-Tourist Visa, e-Business Visa and e-Medical Visa. The India e-Visa was launched to simplify the process of obtaining a Visa and to attract more foreign visitors. Tourism in India is important to the country’s economy and the introduction of the e-Visa makes it easier for foreign visitors to enter India.
Passport requirement for Indian Visa
- Must have at least six (6) months validity left by the time of arrival in India.
- Must contain at least two (2) empty pages for fixation of approved visa stamps.
- If need be, travelers may be required to produce their former passport used during the visa application process.
INDIAN VISA PHOTO REQUIREMENTS
- The required Indian visa photo size is 2×2 inches;
- The picture must be in color;
- The photo must have a plain light background;
- Only clear pictures without blurring are allowed;
- Your head height should be from 1 inch to 1.375 inches. Generally, it should be about 1.3 inches;
- The upper part of the torso should be visible;
- When photographing, look directly into the camera. It is not allowed to lower your eyes.
Company Name: INDIAN Official
Contact Person: MUKESH SHARMA Findango
Email: Send Email
Phone: +880 31-652225
Address:2293/A Zakir Hossain Rd, Chattogram