Although rainwater harvesting is not a new concept, its potential as an alternative source of water has gained significant traction over the past decade, particularly in developing regions of the world. In the current scenario, the effects of climate change and water-related problems continue to grow across cities. In their efforts to address issues related to water scarcity, multiple countries are leaning toward advanced rainwater harvesting techniques.
The rainwater harvesting market is expected to witness significant developments during the forecast period (2019-2027), owing to a range of factors including water scarcity, significant urbanization, and flooding. Rainwater harvesting systems are gaining significant popularity worldwide, and would replace existing water management practices in the coming years. These factors, along with growing awareness pertaining to the benefits of rainwater harvesting are expected to drive the global rainwater harvesting market, which is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 1.3 Bn by the end of 2027.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Adoption of Rainwater Harvesting for Sustainable Agriculture on Rise
Over the course of the past couple of decades, water management and conservation activities have received significant limelight. Several industrial and non-industrial sectors are observing the advantages of rainwater harvesting, including the agriculture sector. A shift toward rainwater harvesting is largely driven by two factors – exponential rise in the demand for water and scarcity of water. The United Nations deems water availability as a major problem in the 21st century. Rainwater harvesting has emerged as one of the most efficient and reliable water conservation techniques and its adoption, particularly in the agriculture sector is expected to grow across the world in the near future.
Rainwater harvesting finds several applications within the agriculture space. Unpredictable or intense rainfall due to climate change causes significant damage to the agricultural land. Rainwater harvesting techniques can be deployed to divert rainwater to subsurface, thereby protecting the problems of significant damage. Moreover, rainwater harvesting offers significant promise in minimizing the operating costs of farmers. The agricultural application segment is expected to account for ~11% share of the rainwater harvesting market and attain a market value of ~US$ 138.5 by 2027.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Rainwater Harvesting Initiatives to Increase Adoption
Rainwater harvesting initiatives have gained significant momentum over the past few years. For instance, the Global Rain Harvesting Collective (GRWHC) was established to offer clean drinking water across schools, wherein water shortage was a challenge. The objective of this project was to ensure that students across the schools, especially in remote and rural areas, had access to clean drinking water. Another aim of this project was to significantly reduce the number of water-borne diseases. The success of such initiatives has compelled stakeholders operating in the rainwater harvesting market to invest in similar projects thus, boosting the growth of the rainwater harvesting market in the coming years.
REQUEST FOR COVID19 IMPACT ANALYSIS –
Asia Pacific and Europe to be Major Regions of Rainwater Harvesting Market
With a collective market share of ~81%, Asia Pacific and Europe are the major regions of the rainwater harvesting market. Countries in these regions have adopted different rainwater harvesting techniques to address their water management problems. For instance, owing to significant efforts by environment-conscious organizations, rainwater harvesting gained significant popularity in Germany, which in turn saw significant rainwater harvesting systems being deployed in industrial and commercial sectors. The construction of the “Postdamer Platz” is an example that displays the support of the Government of Germany toward rainwater harvesting initiatives. At present, China is leaning toward rainwater harvesting to meet the mounting demand for freshwater in residential and commercial sectors. The Government of China is increasingly investing in rainwater harvesting projects to provide fresh water to the agricultural sector.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Rainwater Harvesting Market, ask for a customized report
The rainwater harvesting market is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. Due to climate change, water management and scarcity is a growing problem in various regions across the world. This is increasing the demand for rainwater harvesting systems. The Asia Pacific and Europe will continue to be at the forefront in terms of the adoption of rainwater harvesting techniques, as governments in these regions have extended significant support. Stakeholders in the current rainwater harvesting market landscape should focus leveraging opportunities in developing regions of Asia Pacific to improve their position in the rainwater harvesting market.
Rainwater Harvesting Market: Introduction
- Rainwater that runs off from rooftops, open grounds, roads, parks, etc. is either recharged or stored into ground water. Capturing rainwater can help recharge local aquifers, thus reducing urban flooding. It can also ensure water availability in water-scarce zones. Rainwater harvesting systems include components such as catchment areas where water can be captured and recharged or stored; conveyance system that carries water harvested from catchment areas to recharge or storage zones; first flush that is utilized to flush out the first spell of rain; filter that is used to remove pollutants; storage tanks; and recharge structures. Rainwater harvesting techniques are primarily used by residential, commercial, industrial, and agricultural end users.
Rainwater Harvesting Market: Key Highlights
- In terms of value, the global rainwater harvesting market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of more than 5% during the forecast period to reach ~US$ 1.3 Bn by 2027
- Asia Pacific was the prominent region of the global rainwater harvesting market in 2018. The market in the region is expected to expand at a CAGR of more than 5.5% between 2019 and 2027.
- Europe is one of the prominent consumers of rainwater harvesting across the globe, owing to the increase in adoption of rainwater harvesting techniques among residential and commercial end-users in the region. Germany and the U.K. are key consumers of rainwater harvesting in Europe, led by the presence of key players in these countries.
- Increase in demand for rainwater harvesting in the agriculture sector is another prominent factor anticipated to drive the demand for rainwater harvesting during the forecast period
Rise in Demand for Above Ground Rainwater Harvesting in Residential Sector
- Based on harvesting method, above ground was the prominent segment with more than 50% share of the global rainwater harvesting market in 2018. It is estimated to maintain its dominance between 2019 and 2027. Ground surface and storage tank are key sub-segments of the above ground segment. The storage tank sub-segment is projected to expand significantly during the forecast period. Rise in demand for rainwater harvesting in the residential sector, owing to the increase in awareness among individuals and various end-use applications about stored rain water is a major factor projected to drive the global demand for rainwater harvesting during the forecast period.
Demand for Rainwater Harvesting to Increase in Residential and Commercial Sectors
- In terms of application, commercial was a highly lucrative segment of the global rainwater harvesting market in 2018. This trend is likely to continue throughout the forecast period. Significant usage of rainwater harvesting for rainwater collection and storing across all regions is a major factor anticipated to drive the demand for rainwater harvesting during the forecast period.
- The residential segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, owing to the increase in demand for water in various household applications. Rise in demand for rainwater harvesting in various applications such as agriculture and industrial is estimated to boost the global rainwater harvesting market during the forecast period. Under the industrial sector, rainwater harvesting systems offer features similar to that of commercial systems. However, industries prefer to employ ground surface harvesting method in order to reduce cost. Under this method, a large area is excavated in order to make an artificial pond. Rainwater is harvested in large areas by excavating land to some depth. This water is then utilized for cattle feed, irrigation, and other purposes.
Key Regional Highlights
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific constituted a major share of the global rainwater harvesting market in 2018. China, ASEAN, and India held a large share of the rainwater harvesting market in the region in 2018. This dominance is anticipated to continue over the next few years, owing to the rise in demand for rainwater harvesting in the commercial sector. China has become a top rainwater harvesting consumer country in the world, due to the growth in consumption of rainwater harvesting in various end-use applications, such as residential and commercial, in the country.
- In terms of value, Europe held a moderate share of the global rainwater harvesting market in 2018. The market in the region is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. Germany held a significant share of the rainwater harvesting market in Europe in the same year, due to high demand for rainwater harvesting across the country. Increase in demand for rainwater harvesting for usage in residential, commercial, and industrial sectors in the country is a major factor driving the rainwater harvesting market in Germany.
Rainwater Harvesting Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on increasing their production capacities for rainwater harvesting systems to meet the demand for rainwater harvesting from end users
- Key players operating in the global rainwater harvesting market are –
- Kingspan Group
- Watts Water Technologies, Inc.
- Graf Group
- WISY AG
- Innovative Water Solutions LLC
- D&D Ecotech Services
- Rain Harvesting Supplies, Inc.
- Water Field Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- Climate Tanks
- Water Harvesters
- Heritage Tanks
- Rainwater Connection
The report comprises detailed company profiles of major players operating in the global rainwater harvesting market. It also consists of market share analysis and product mapping of top players operating in the global rainwater harvesting market for 2018.
Company Name: Transparency Market Research
Contact Person: Mr. Rohit Bhisey
Email: Send Email
Address:90 State Street, Suite 700
State: New York
Country: United States