Pharmaceutical CDMO Market Overview
The global pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO) market was valued at USD 160.12 billion in 2020, and it is expected to reach USD 236.61 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 6.5%, from 2021 to 2026. The most significant factor driving the growth of CMOs in the pharmaceutical industry is the growing need for state-of-the-art processes and production technologies, which have proven highly effective in meeting regulatory requirements. With the rising demand for generic medicines and biologics, the capital-intensive nature of the business, and the complex manufacturing requirements, many pharmaceutical companies have identified the potential profitability in contracting with a CMO (contract manufacturing outsourcing) for both clinical and commercial stage manufacturing.
Download free sample here – Pharmaceutical CDMO Market
Pharmaceutical CDMO Market – Geographical Overview
The Asia Pacific region is anticipated to witness the highest market share in the contract research organization (CRO) market
Asia-Pacific region is expected to witness the highest growth in the CRO market, owing to the region’s low cost compared to the United States and the growing investments by several pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical drug manufacturing companies. Growing incidences of chronic and lifestyle diseases, such as diabetes and heart disease, coupled with ease of patient recruitment and availability of expertise for clinical trials, are few driving factors boosting growth in the region.
Check our other latest reports on –
- India Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Medical Devices Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Key Highlights of the Pharmaceutical CDMO Market
- The CDMO market is highly competitive. In the pharmaceutical industry, medicine is continuously tested and is most profitable during the patent period; the emergence of competitive solutions can hamper the return rate. Such factors push for continued innovation and fast-track the introduction time to market.
- The United States is the world’s largest market for drugs and accounts for almost half of the R&D spending in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets. The highly fragmented nature of the US pharmaceutical contract manufacturing market, with over 150 CMOS, results in price competition and drives down CMO revenue.
- As part of its five-year Research, Innovation, and Enterprise 2020 plan, the Singaporean government has committed to invest nearly USD 2.4 billion in advancing manufacturing and engineering in the pharmaceutical market.
Impact of COVID-19 on the Pharmaceutical CDMO Market
The CMO/CDMO service sector is uniquely positioned to address some challenges drug developers face amid the COVID-19 pandemic. This pandemic has affected multiple aspects of the pharma and biopharma industry, from drug development, clinical trials, supplies, manufacturing to supply chain logistics. However, the drug shortages due to the COVID-19 pandemic are limited and are expected to remain for the short term due to stockpiles of pharmaceuticals, APIs globally.
Related Reports & Links
- Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Organization (CMO) Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Pharmaceutical Packaging Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
List of Key Players in the Pharma CDMO Market
Contract Manufacturing Outsourcing (CMO) Vendors
- Catalent Inc.
- Recipharm AB
- Jubilant Life Sciences Ltd.
- Patheon Inc.
- Boehringer Ingelheim Group
- Pfizer CentreSource
- Aenova Holding GmbH
- Famar SA
- Baxter Biopharma Solutions
- Lonza Group
Contract Research Organization (CRO) Vendors
- CMIC Holdings Co. Ltd.
- Covance Inc.
- Syneos Health Inc.
- LSK Global Pharma Service Co. Ltd.
- Novotech Pty Ltd.
- PAREXEL International Corporation
- Pharmaceutical Product Development LLC
- PRA Health Sciences Inc.
- Quanticate Ltd.
- IQVIA Holdings Inc.
- SGS Life Science Services SA
- Hangzhou Tigermed Consulting Co. Ltd.
- Samsung Bioepis Co. Ltd.
- WuXi AppTec Inc.
- Sagimet Biosciences (3V Biosciences Inc.)
*List Not Exhaustive
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the pharmaceutical CDMO market on the basis of service type – CMO segment, research phase – CRO segment, geography CMO, and geography CRO:
- Service Type – CMO Segment (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient (API) Manufacturing
- Finished Dosage Formulation (FDF) Development and Manufacturing
- Solid Dose Formulation
- Liquid Dose Formulation
- Injectable Dose Formulation
- Secondary Packaging
- Research Phase – CRO Segment (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Phase I
- Phase II
- Phase III
- Phase IV
- Geography – CMO (Market Size & Forecast by Service Type and Country (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Geography – CRO
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008