The global hospital acquired infections therapeutic market size is expected to reach USD 12.5 billion by 2027, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 2.4% from 2020 to 2027. The high prevalence of HAIs, rise in approval and launch of new drugs, and growing hospitalization due to the rise in prevalence of chronic diseases are driving the market.
According to the data published by the New York State Department of Health in November 2019, around 160 hospitals in New York reported total cases of around 1,139 colon SSIs out of 19,732 procedures in 2018, a rate of 5.8 infections per 100 procedures. The same source also states that in 2018, around 15,310 cases of Clostridioides difficile infections (CDI) were reported in acute care hospitals located in New York. Such, high prevalence of hospital-acquired infections is anticipated to significantly raise the demand for its treatment therapies and support the HAIs therapeutics market growth over the forecast period.
Furthermore, key players in the market are involved in extensive R&D initiatives for the development and indication expansion of its already approved drugs for HAI treatment. For instance, in February 2018, the FDA approved Allergan plc’s supplemental New Drug Application (sNDA) and expanded the approval of Avycaz (ceftazidime and avibactam) to include the treatment of HABP/VABP and hospital-acquired bacterial pneumonia.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/hospital-acquired-infections-therapeutic-market
Hospital Acquired Infections Therapeutic Market Report Highlights
• Antibacterial drugs dominated the drug class segment in 2019, owing to the high adoption of antibiotics as the first line of treatment for hospital-acquired infections (HAIs)
• The surgical site infections (SSIs) segment held the largest market share in 2019 due to the rising number of surgical procedures and subsequent rising cases of SSIs
• The urinary tract infections (UTIs) segment is anticipated to show the fastest growth rate during the forecast period owing to the growing number of UTI cases and rising awareness among people about the disease condition in less-developed countries
• The introduction of novel drugs by key players, for instance, Merck to treat ventilator-associated pneumonia has led to a high growth of the market
• The high prevalence of HAIs in the European countries is the major factor significantly driving the demand for its medications in this region
• Growing awareness levels about various risk factors associated with HAIs in ICU and other emergency care settings is expected to propel market growth in the Asia Pacific region
Hospital Acquired Infections Therapeutic Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global hospital acquired infections therapeutic market report on the basis of drug class, infection type, and region:
HAIs Therapeutics Drug Class Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Antibacterial Drugs
• Cell Wall Synthesis Inhibitors
• Protein Synthesis Inhibitors
• Antiviral Drugs
• Antifungal Drugs
HAIs Therapeutics Infection Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• Urinary Tract Infections
• Ventilator-associated Pneumonia
• Surgical Site Infections
• Bloodstream Infections
• Other Hospital Infections
HAIs Therapeutics Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2016 – 2027)
• North America
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/451236/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company headquartered in San Francisco, which offers syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services to clients across a number of industries, including healthcare, materials, chemicals, energy, technology, and food and beverage, among others.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States