WiseGuyReports published new report, titled “High-Performance Films: Global Markets”
High-performance films can be defined in any of several ways: volume, price, performance, end-use markets, resin types, or a combination of two or more of these characteristics.
For this study, high-performance films are defined as thin-gauge, mostly extruded or solution cast polymer sheets that meet at least one of the following criteria: pricing above commodity film levels, continuous-use temperature above commodity plastics, and end-uses requiring technical capability and thickness at or below 30 mils. These are films that are used primarily for their performance characteristics, not their price with emphasis on the markets and products with the greatest potential for growth.
Therefore, the distinguishing characteristics of high-performance films are as follows:
– Relatively expensive.
– Thin gauge (compared to sheet).
– Special performance characteristics.
– Significant applications other than packaging.
High-performance films are generally fabricated (or converted) in relatively small volumes (at least compared to commodity films). Much of their value is created after the film is extruded.
The focal point is on high-performance resins and their chemistries, including the following:
– Polyesters, primarily PET. We use PET interchangeably with “polyester” throughout this report.
– Polyolefin-based specialty film resins.
– Polyamides (Nylons).
– Polycarbonates (PCs).
– Bioplastics, a newer group of plastics.
– Acrylic films based on PMMA chemistry.
– Polyimides (PIs).
– Cyclic olefin copolymers (COCs).
– Polyethylene naphthalate (PEN).
– Liquid crystal polymers (LCPs).
Basic polyolefins, such as polyethylene (PE) and polypropylene (PP), are not included in our scope since they are true commodities used in commodity films applications such as grocery and garbage bags. Also excluded are other commodity resins like polyvinyl chloride (PVC) and polystyrene. Specialty polyolefin-based films are included, particularly when multilayer construction is involved. These specialty films are ethylene vinyl acetate (EVA), ethylene vinyl alcohol (EVOH), ionomers, polyvinylidene chloride (PVdC), polyvinyl alcohol (PVOH) and polymethyl pentene (PMP).
Fluoropolymer films are an important of this report. They include the following:
– Polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE).
– Polyvinyl fluoride (PVF).
– Fluorinated ethylene propylene (FEP).
– Polychlorotrifluoroethylene (PCTFE).
– Polyvinylidene fluoride (PVdF).
– Perfluoroalkoxy (PFA).
– Ethylene tetrafluoroethylene (ETFE).
– Ethylene chlorotrifluoroethylene (ECTFE).
The geographic scope of this report is the global market, including the U.S., Europe, China, Asia and others regions.
Market estimates are by resin volumes in millions of pounds rounded to the nearest million. We round to millions since, with so many similar products and applications, market estimates are not precise beyond millions of pounds, if that. Many applications markets for particular films are less than a million pounds, and we round estimated volumes greater than a half-million up to 1 million. Also, compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for table entries with small volumes may not match the 2016 and 2021 volumes because of rounding. Estimated values used are based on manufacturers’ total revenues.
Profiles of leading companies in the industry
3M CO. (MINNESOTA MINING AND MANUFACTURING CO.)
BEMIS CO. INC.
BIAXIS PACKAGING SALES INC.
CHI MEI CORP.
CHINA NATIONAL PETROLEUM CORP. (CNPC)
CLOPAY PLASTIC PRODUCTS CO.
DAI NIPPON PRINTING CO LTD
DAIKIN AMERICA INC.
DEWAL INDUSTRIES INC.
DOW CHEMICAL COMPANY
DUPONT TEIJIN FILMS U.S. LIMITED PARTNERSHIP
EASTMAN CHEMICAL CO.
EASTMAN KODAK CO.
EXXONMOBIL CHEMICAL CO.
FILMQUEST GROUP INC.
FIRST PV MATERIAL
FORMOSA PLASTICS GROUP
HANWHA CHEMICAL CORP.
JAPAN CORN STARCH CO.
KLOCKNER PENTAPLAST GROUP
MITSUBISHI POLYESTER FILM INC.
MITSUI CHEMICALS AMERICA INC.
MULTIFILM PACKAGING CORP.
PARKINSON TECHNOLOGIES INC.
PIEDMONT PLASTICS INC.
POLIMERI EUROPA S.P.A.
RELIANCE INDUSTRIES LIMITED (RIL)
RMS PACKAGING/AURORA SPECIAL EFFECT FILMS
SABIC INNOVATIVE PLASTICS
SOLVAY SPECIALTY POLYMERS USA, LLC (SOLVAY NEWARK)
TORAY PLASTICS (AMERICA) INC.
UBE AMERICA INC.
WESTLAKE CHEMICAL CORP.
WUHAN HUALI ENVIRONMENTAL TECHNOLOGY CO.
– An overview of the global markets for high-performance films.
– Analyses of global market trends with data from 2015, 2016, and projections of compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) through 2021.
– Identification of trends affecting high-performance polymer films and their major end-use application markets.
– Application types of high performance films including packaging, electrical/electronics, automotive and photovoltaic.
– A breakdown of end markets for high-performance films by material types, with sections devoted to each class of high-performance film.
– A look at important factors such as film fabricators, converters, and distributors.
Wise Guy Reports is part of the Wise Guy Research Consultants Pvt. Ltd. and offers premium progressive statistical surveying, market research reports, analysis & forecast data for industries and governments around the globe.
For accessing accurate and deep understanding and to gain latest insights and key developments in the area of your interest, we also have a list of conferences in which you will be interested in, for more information, cordially check
For updating knowledge or for thoroughly understanding various terminologies, we also have vast list of seminars for your reference, for more information cordially check
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349