The global high performance computing (HPC) market size is expected to reach USD 59.65 billion by 2025, according to a study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. It is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period. High performance computing can be categorized into High Performance Technical Computing (HPTC) and High Performance Business Computing (HPBC). HPTC is widely used in fields like science and engineering. It is particularly used by government and defense agencies, educational and research institutions, and incumbents of manufacturing industry, among others. On the other hand, HPBC is suitable for applications, such as gaming and fraud detection. Logistics companies and providers of financial services, among others, also opt for HPBC. The rising popularity among manufacturing companies, government departments, and defense agencies is particularly driving growth of the HPC market.
High performance computing envisages a cluster of computers that can run long algorithms and solve complex problems and equations at speeds and accuracies higher than those offered by the conventional computing. Previously, HPC was used only by the navigation and aerospace industries. However, diversification of the IT industry, growing adoption of cloud computing, continuous developments in artificial intelligence, and the rising need for business analytics are prompting various end-use industries to adopt HPC.
Data centers particularly require an architecture capable of processing large volumes of data. HPC components can ensure adequate computing power for such data centers. Various other organizations also adopt HPC to process their data at higher speeds and accuracies and to simplify their complex business procedures. Research and academic institutions have also started adopting high performance computing systems to ensure the computational efficiency required during the initial stages of research.
To Know More About High Performance Computing (HPC) market, Access Sample Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/high-performance-computing-market/request/rs1
The high computational capabilities offered by HPC systems have paved the way to execute high-end research projects previously deemed impossible. As such, HPC systems can be helpful in several fields, including computational biology, genetics, medicine, structural analysis, geophysics statistics, electromagnetism, nuclear physics, astrophysics, and mathematical modeling, among others. Similarly, the high efficiency offered by high performance computing can help researchers in undertaking research activities in various fields, such as deep neural networks, human genome mapping and modeling, and artificial intelligence, among others.
Vendors of high performance computing are increasingly focusing on delivering enhanced solutions that can cater to various requirements. These solutions may include basic configurations and management tools that are easy to deploy and are capable of adapting to the changing workloads. Although the application portfolio of high performance computing is growing continuously; the looming lack of awareness, budget constraints at small- and medium-sized enterprises, and concerns over data security are some of the factors hindering growth of the high performance computing market.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- The on-premise segment held the largest market share in 2017. However, the cloud segment is expected to expand at the highest CAGR of over 8.0% over the forecast period owing to the benefits, such as cost-effectiveness, scalability, ease of deployment, and stronger security associated with cloud deployment
- The government and defense segment held the largest market share in 2017 and is also expected register the highest CAGR over the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to rising adoption of HPC in surveillance, aircraft simulation, and encryption and decryption of confidential information
- North America is anticipated to witness a significant growth over the forecast period. New supercomputing facilities are coming up in the region in line with the advances in technology, which bodes well for the regional market growth. U.S. is home to the top-5 supercomputers and the U.S. HPC market held the largest market share of over 60% in 2017 and is expected to lead the regional growth over the forecast period
- The high performance computing market is highly consolidated and competitive. Atos SE; Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. (AMD); Cray Research, Inc.; Dell Technologies, Inc.; and Cisco Systems, Inc. are some of the leading market players
- Key industry players are striking partnerships and collaborating with each other as part of their efforts to strengthen their market position. For instance, in September 2017, Cray Research Inc. entered into a strategic partnership with Seagate. The partnership envisages the former procuring drives, containers, controllers, and other components related to the high performance computing technology from the latter.
Browse Details of Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/high-performance-computing-market
Grand View Research has segmented the global high performance computing market based on component, deployment, end use, and region:
High Performance Computing (HPC) Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Networking Devices
High Performance Computing (HPC) Deployment Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
High Performance Computing (HPC) End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance (BFSI)
- Media & Entertainment
- Government & Defense
- Education & Research
- Healthcare & Bioscience
Key Topics Covered
Table of Content
Chapter 1. Methodology and Scope
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. Research Scope & Assumptions
1.3. List of Data Sources
1.4. List of Abbreviations
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Industry Snapshot & Key Buying Criteria, 2014 – 2025
2.2. High Performance Computing Market, 2014 – 2025
Chapter 3. High Performance Computing Industry Outlook
3.1. Market Segmentation
3.2. Value Chain Analysis
3.3. Market Dynamics
3.3.1. Market driver analysis
3.3.2. Market restraint analysis
3.4. Penetration & Growth Prospects Mapping
3.5. Industry Analysis – Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.6. PESTEL Analysis
Browse Related Reports :
Fog Computing Market By Solution, By Hardware (Gateways, Routers & Switches, Sensors), By Application (Connected Vehicles, Smart Grids, Smart Cities, Connected Healthcare), By Region, & Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025:
Workflow Management System Market By Component (Software, Services), By Software, By Service, By Deployment, By Vertical, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2025:
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States