This report describes and evaluates the global wires and cables market. It covers two five-year periods, 2014 to 2018, termed the historic period, and 2018 through 2022, the forecast period.
The global wires and cables market size reached a value of nearly $136.7 billion in 2018, having grown at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 3.0% since 2014, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.2% to nearly $173.5 billion by 2022.
Growth in the historic period resulted from the rise in electricity consumption, renewal of power transmission networks, growth in the automobile industry, and economic growth in emerging markets. Factors that negatively affected growth in the historic period were volatility in metal prices and regulatory challenges. Going forward, the increasing popularity of Ethernet, growing medical devices industry, and advances in communications technology will drive growth. Factors that could hinder the growth of the wires and cables market in the future are the expected reductions in free trade and rising interest rates.
The market is segmented by product type into fiber optic cables, coaxial cables and other cables. The other cables segment which includes insulated cable wires accounted for the largest share of the wires and cables market in 2018 at 72.6% or $99.2 billion. The fiber optic cables segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment going forward at a CAGR of 20.3%.
The market is segmented by end-use industry into energy, industrial manufacturing, telecoms, building and construction, automotive, medical equipment and others. The energy segment accounted for the largest share of the wires and cables market in 2018 at 34.0% or $46.4 billion. The telecoms segment is expected to be the fastest-growing segment going forward at a CAGR of 15.9%.
Asia-Pacific is the largest market for wires and cables , accounting for 42.0% of the global market in 2018. It was followed by Western Europe, North America and then the other regions. Going forward, Africa and South America will be the fastest growing regions in the wires and cables market, where growth will be at CAGRs of 11.4% and 8.4% respectively. Such rapid growth of the wires and cables market in Africa and South America can be attributed to the expected economic growth and growing demand for energy and telecoms infrastructure in these regions. These will be followed by the Middle East and Asia-Pacific where the markets are expected to grow at CAGRs of 7.3% and 6.5% respectively.
The market for wires and cables is relatively consolidated with a small number of entities holding significant market share and a large number of small entities with minor shares. These small companies are mainly local manufacturers within a country; however, some manufacturers operate in geographies other than their local regions. Players in the market include Furukawa Electric Industries Ltd, General Cable Corporation, Broadcom ltd, Hitachi, Corning Inc, Prysmian Group and Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd.
The global electrical equipment market, of which the wires and cables market is a segment, reached a value of nearly $1,047.4 billion in 2018, having grown at a CAGR of 5.0% since 2014, and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.9% to nearly $1,433.2 billion by 2022. The wires and cables market is the fourth largest segment of the electrical equipment market accounting for 13.1% of the electrical equipment market. The electric lighting equipment manufacturing segment is expected to be the fastest growing segment in the electrical equipment market growing at a CAGR of 9.5% during 2018-2022.
The top opportunities in the global wires and cables market by segment will arise in the fiber optic cables segment, which will gain $21.14 billion of global annual sales by 2022.The top opportunities in the global wires and cables market by end use industry will arise in the energy segment, which will gain $13.13 billion of global annual sales by 2022. The wires and cables market size will gain the most in China at $10.34 billion. Wires and cables market-trend-based strategies include increasing investments in technologies to offer customized polymer optic fibers, and increasing the production of fire-resistant cables. Player-adopted strategies in the wires and cables industry include developing innovative products, expanding into new geographies, and strengthening the distribution network.
Wires And Cables Global Market Opportunities And Strategies To 2022 report from The Business Research Company provides the strategists, marketers and senior management with the critical information they need to assess the global wires and cables market.
Request Free Sample Report @ https://www.wiseguyreports.com/enquiry/3928609-wires-and-cables-global-market-opportunities-and-strategies
Where is the largest and fastest growing market for the wires and cables market? How does the market relate to the overall economy, demography and other similar markets? What forces will shape the market going forward? The wires and cables market opportunities and strategies to 2022 report from the Business Research Company answers all these questions and many more.
The report covers the following chapters
• Executive Summary – The executive summary section of the report gives a brief overview and summary of the report
• Report Structure – This section gives the structure of the report and the information covered in the various sections.
• Market Characteristics – The market characteristics section of the report defines and explains the wires and cables market. This chapter includes different services covered in the report and basic definitions.
• Product Analysis – The product analysis section of the report describes the leading products in the wires and cables market along with key features and differentiators for those services.
• Supply Chain – The supply chain section of the report defines and explains the key players in the wires and cables industry supply chain.
• Customer Information – This chapters covers recent customer and service providers’ trends/preferences in the global wires and cables market.
• Trends And Strategies – This chapter describes major trends shaping the global wires and cables market. This section highlights likely future developments in the market and suggests approaches companies can take to exploit these opportunities.
• Global Market Size And Growth – This section contains the global historic (2014-2018) and forecast (2018-2022) market value, and drivers and restraints that support and control the growth of the market in the historic and forecast period.
• Regional Analysis – This section contains the historic (2014-2018), forecast (2018-2022) market value and growth and market share comparison by region.
• Segmentation– This section contains the market value (2014-2022) and analysis for different segments.
• Global Macro Comparison – The global wires and cables market comparison with macro-economic factors gives the wires and cables market size, percentage of GDP, and average wires and cables market expenditure.
• Regional Market Size and Growth – This section contains the region’s market size (2018), historic (2014-2018) and forecast (2018-2022) market value, and growth and market share comparison of countries within the region. This section also gives information on industry metrics which affect or influence the wires and cables market. Industry metrics covered in this section include: employees and enterprises. This report includes information on all the regions Asia-Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East and Africa and major countries within each region. The market overview sections of the report describe the current size of the market, background information, government initiatives, regulations, regulatory bodies, associations, corporate tax structure, investments, and major companies. This information is also given for the two largest economies in the world, the USA and China.
• Competitive Landscape – This section covers details on the competitive landscape of the global wires and cables market, estimated market shares and company profiles for the leading players.
• Key Mergers And Acquisitions – This chapter gives the information on recent mergers and acquisitions in the market covered in the report. This section gives key financial details of mergers and acquisitions which have shaped the market in recent years.
• Market Background – This section describes the electrical equipment market of which the wires and cables market is a segment. This chapter includes the electrical equipment market 2014-18 and 2018-22 values, and regional and country analyses for the electrical equipment market.
• Recommendations – This section includes conclusions and recommendations based on findings of the research. This section also gives information on growth opportunities across countries, segments and strategies to be followed in those markets. It gives an understanding of where there is significant business to be gained by competitors in the next five years.
• Appendix – This section includes details on the NAICS codes covered, abbreviations and currencies codes used in this report.
By Product Type: Fiber Optic Cables, Coaxial Cables, Other Cables
By End Use Industry: Energy, Telecommunication, Building & Construction, Industrial Manufacturing, Automotive, Medical Equipment, Others
Companies Mentioned: Sumitomo Electric Industries Ltd , LEONI AG , South Wire Company LLC , Furukawa Electric Industries , Amphenol Corporation
Countries: China, Japan, India, Australia, USA, Brazil, UK, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, Russia
Regions: Asia Pacific, Western Europe, Eastern Europe, North America, South America, Middle East, Africa
Time series: Five years historic and forecast.
Data: Ratios of market size and growth to related markets, GDP proportions, expenditure per capita
Data segmentations: country and regional historic and forecast data, market share of competitors, market segments.
Sourcing and Referencing: Data and analysis throughout the report is sourced using end notes.
Reasons to Purchase
• Outperform competitors using accurate up to date demand-side dynamics information.
• Identify growth segments for investment.
• Facilitate decision making on the basis of historic and forecast data and the drivers and restraints on the market.
• Create regional and country strategies on the basis of local data and analysis.
• Stay abreast of the latest customer and market research findings
• Benchmark performance against key competitors.
• Develop strategies based on likely future developments.
• Utilize the relationships between key data sets for superior strategizing.
• Suitable for supporting your internal and external presentations with reliable high quality data and analysis
• Gain a global perspective on the development of the market.
For further information on this report, visit – https://www.wiseguyreports.com/enquiry/3928609-wires-and-cables-global-market-opportunities-and-strategies
Company Name: Wiseguyreports.com
Contact Person: Norah Trent
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 646 845 9349, +44 208 133 9349