DelveInsight’s “Vernal keratoconjunctivitis – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030” report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Vernal keratoconjunctivitis, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market trends in the major as well as emerging markets.
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
- MEA (Saudi Arabia, Egypt)
Study Period: 2017-2030
Vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC) is a bilateral, seasonally recurring, allergic inflammation of the conjunctiva. It gives rise to several complications of ocular surface and cornea, causing corneal scars and keratoconus. If left untreated, it results in vision loss.
It is an IgE-mediated and T cell-mediated disease, leading to a chronic inflammation in which eosinophil, lymphocyte, and structural cell activation are involved. The disease may present in three clinical forms: palpebral, bulbar and mixed form.
Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Epidemiology
Vernal keratoconjunctivitis generally affects younger boys and often appears during warmer climates, however, gets resolved after puberty.
The Vernal keratoconjunctivitis prevalence in the studied geographies was estimated to be 4,752,356 in 2017, and the VKC prevalence is further expected to rise.
China accounted for the maximum Vernal keratoconjunctivitis prevalent cases in 2017.
The Vernal keratoconjunctivitis epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted epidemiology segmented into:
- Total Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Prevalent Population
- Diagnosed Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Prevalent Population
- Gender-specific Diagnosed Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Prevalent Population
- Type-specific Diagnosed Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Prevalent Population
- Severity-specific Diagnosed Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Prevalent Population, and
- Age-specific Diagnosed Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Prevalent Population
Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Market
The present Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market is dependent on supportive therapeutic options including mast cell stabilizers (cromolyn sodium and lodoxamide), antihistamines (ketotifen, and olopatadine), nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs), topical corticosteroids, Calcineurin inhibitors (cyclosporine, and tacrolimus).
Mast cell stabilizers are the first-line drugs for VKC.
Common antiallergic eye drops (levocabastine, lodoxamide, mipragoside, NAAGA, nedocromil sodium, DCG) are also available in the VKC Market. Out of all the eye drops available, lodoxamide appeared to be the most effective. Papilock mini and Verkazia both developed by Santen (Osaka, Japan) are specifically indicated for the treatment of VKC.
Present Marketed Therapies in the Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Market
- Verkazia/Verkacia: Santen
- Lodoxamide/Alomide: Novartis Pharmaceuticals/Alcon
- Talymus/Tacrolimus: Senju Pharmaceutical
Read more about the report offerings: https://www.delveinsight.com/report-store/vernal-keratoconjunctivitis-market
The Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs, Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market Size from 2017 to 2030 segmented into geographies.
The Report also covers current Vernal keratoconjunctivitis treatment practice/algorithm, detailed analysis of Vernal keratoconjunctivitis marketed drugs and late stage (Phase-III and Phase-II) pipeline, clinical trial details, meaningful pharmacological action, agreements and collaborations, approval and patent details, drugs market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate best of the opportunities and assessed the underlying potential of the market.
Vernal keratoconjunctivitis Market Pipeline Therapies
- Verkazia (Santen) in the United States,
- AK002 (Allakos),
- Bertilimumab/iCo-008 (iCo Therapeutics),
- Nomacopan (Akari Therapeutics),
The present Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market size in all the markets of interest was estimated to be USD 307.89 million in 2017 and is anticipated to increase further by 2030 owing to recent advances in technology, heightened R&D, the launch of Vernal keratoconjunctivitis pipeline therapies and rising prevalence.
Request for free sample pages: https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/vernal-keratoconjunctivitis-market
China occupies a significant chunk of Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market share. Japan and Russia, respectively, hold the next largest VKC market share. Among the MENA regions, the highest VKC market share is contributed by Egypt, followed by Saudi Arabia. The upcoming therapy AK002 is anticipated to reach the market by 2023 (in Europe) shall further elevate the Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market share during the forecast period 2020-30.
Scope of the Report
- The report covers the descriptive overview of Vernal keratoconjunctivitis, explaining its causes, signs and symptoms, pathophysiology, diagnosis and currently available therapies
- Comprehensive insight has been provided into the Vernal keratoconjunctivitis epidemiology and treatment in the 7MM
- Additionally, an all-inclusive account of both the current and emerging therapies for Vernal keratoconjunctivitis is provided, along with the assessment of new treatments, which will have an impact on the current treatment landscape
- A detailed review of Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market; historical and forecasted is included in the report, covering drug outreach in the 7MM
- The report provides an edge while developing business strategies, by understanding trends shaping and driving the global Vernal keratoconjunctivitis market
Table of Contents
1. Key Insights
2. Executive Summary of Vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC)
3. Vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC) Market Overview at a Glance
4. Disease Background and Overview: Vernal keratoconjunctivitis (VKC)
5. Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Case Reports
6. Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Epidemiology and Patient Population
- United States Epidemiology
- EU5 Epidemiology
- Japan Epidemiology
- MEA Region Epidemiology
- Saudi Arabia Epidemiology
- Egypt Epidemiology
- China Epidemiology
- Russia Epidemiology
13. Current Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Treatment and Medical Practices
14. Unmet Needs
15. Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Marketed Drugs
16. Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Emerging Drugs
17. Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market Analysis: 7MM + 3EM
- United States Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market
- EU-5 countries Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market
- Germany Market Size
- France Market Size
- Italy Market Size
- Spain Market Size
- United Kingdom Market Size
- Japan Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market
- MEA countries Market Outlook
- Saudi Arabia Market Size
- Egypt Market Size
- China Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market Outlook
- Russia Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market Outlook
24. Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market Drivers
25. Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market Barriers
26. Reimbursement and Vernal Keratoconjunctivitis Market Access
27. SWOT Analysis
28. KOL Views
30. DelveInsight Capabilities
32. About DelveInsight
DelveInsight is a premier Business Consulting and Market Research firm focused exclusively on the life science segment. With a wide array of smart end-to-end solutions, the firm helps the global Pharmaceutical and Bio-Tech companies formulate prudent business decisions for improving their performances to stay ahead of the competitors.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Vinita Rakheja
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
State: New York
Country: United States