The global fresh meat packaging market size is anticipated to reach USD 2.5 billion by 2025, according to a report by Grand View Research, Inc. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 2.7% during the forecast period. Rising demand for fresh seafood and meat products such as pork and beef, coupled with the awareness regarding safety and nutritional value of these products, is projected to drive the growth. High availability of chicken and mutton products in retail shops on account of their popularity among consumers has contributed to the growth of this segment. On the other hand, beef is one of the excellent sources of protein, which is anticipated to contribute to the rising demand for fresh meat packaging from this segment. Experts have stated that materials required for packaging meat must possess several qualities, such as heat shrink ability, stretch, strength, low moisture/vapor transmission rates, and the ability to maintain their protective characteristics in a range of conditions and temperatures.
Packaging materials made from polythene have a notable presence in the market, owing to their elasticity and the lower production cost of the material. Product innovation using packaging materials like polypropylene is anticipated to propel growth of the fresh meat packaging market during the forecast period. The Modified Atmosphere Packaging (MAP) is one of the most prominent technologies being used for packaging fresh meat. This chemical-free packaging technology significantly increases the shelf-life of meat, with the presence of various purified gases such as oxygen, nitrogen, and carbon dioxide each serving a specific purpose to maintain the product quality. Furthermore, with the growing awareness regarding the harmful effects of plastic in the packaging industry, innovations are expected to gather momentum in the coming years, aided by the presence of biodegradable and reusable materials. Efficient transportation and improvements in the storage infrastructure are some of the additional factors that are contributing to the growth of this industry.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fresh-meat-packaging-market
Fresh Meat Packaging Market Report Highlights
• Reports from B+P Consultants have stated that the demand for meat products globally accounts for around 19% of the entire food sector, amounting to almost 3 billion Euros, which is positive indicator for the growth of the fresh meat packaging market
• In terms of revenue, the modified atmosphere packaging segment is anticipated to ascend at the fastest CAGR of over 3% over the forecast period in the fresh meat packaging market. The technology is ideal for long-distance export of meat, as it increases the shelf life of meat from 3 to 21 days
• PE material segment led the global market for fresh meat packaging with an overall revenue share of over 48.7% in 2018, on account of elasticity and low cost of production compared to other materials
• North America led the global fresh meat packaging market in 2018 with a revenue share of 36.7%. According to the NCBI, the consumption of meat in the U.S. is three times more than that in the other countries, which has positively aided the demand for fresh meat packaging in the region
• The COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted the meat supply chain across countries, particularly the US. The adverse impact on the livestock and beef market, coupled with significant outbreaks in the meat packing plants in the country, created a negative scenario for the fresh meat packaging industry in 2020
• The market is highly competitive, with the presence of leading players including Amcor Ltd., Winpak Ltd., Sealed Air Corp., Crown Holdings, Reynolds Group, Coveris Holdings S.A., and Sealpac International BV
• Manufacturers focus on innovation, product launches, and capacity expansion to cater to the rising demand. For instance, in February 2021, Winpak collaborated with the Department of Animal Sciences at Auburn University to carry out research regarding extension of shelf life of meat and food products
Request for Sample Pages @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/fresh-meat-packaging-market/request/rs1
Fresh Meat Packaging Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global fresh meat packaging market by meat type, material type, technology, and region:
Fresh Meat Packaging Meat Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
• Sea foods
Fresh Meat Packaging Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
• Polyethylene (PE)
• Biaxially Oriented Polypropylene Films (BOPP)
• Evolutionary Operation (EVOP)
Fresh Meat Packaging Technology Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
• Modified Atmosphere Packaging
• Vacuum Thermoformed
• Vacuum Skin Packaging
Fresh Meat Packaging Region Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2025)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central & South America
• Middle East & Africa
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6390/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a market research and consulting company based in India and the US, and headquartered in San Francisco. The organization offers syndicated and customized research reports in 46 industries across key regional markets, such as the US, Canada, Latin America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, among others.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States