The global food preservatives market size is expected to reach USD 3.2 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 3.7% over the forecast period. The fast-paced working lifestyle of consumers in North America and Asia Pacific has been instrumental in driving the demand for ready-to-eat products. Consequently, the use of food preservatives is expected to grow owing to benefits provided by them, such as prevention of food spoilage and increase in shelf life.
Food preservation is a traditional method used to store and keep food safe for longer periods. Over the time, the method has evolved from the usage of culinary salt, sugar, to chemical types. Globalization has led to increased demand for the synthetic types. The usage of preservatives in various applications sectors including processed meat, bakery, and dairy is expected to foresee substantial growth in terms of revenue over the forecast period.
Food preservatives are categorized into two types, namely, natural and synthetic. Rosemary extracts, vinegar, and natamycin are natural types, whereas propionates, benzoates, and sorbates are included in synthetic type, which are the most preferred ones. Factors such as adverse effects associated with synthetic food preservatives coupled with increasing health consciousness among consumers, are anticipated to drive the demand for natural variants.
On the basis of function, anti-microbial preservatives emerged as the largest segment in terms of revenue, owing to surging demand for anti-microbial agents in processed meat and beverage industries. North America emerged as the largest regional market in terms of revenue, followed by Asia Pacific.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/food-preservatives-market
Food Preservatives Market Report Highlights
• Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in terms of value, and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 4.9% from 2019 to 2025. It is primarily driven by factors such as increasing population, consumer willingness to pay premium prices for organic products, and preferences for ready-to-eat foods due to convenience
• Asia Pacific is the most attractive destination for manufacturers owing to significant growth in application areas, such as bakery, beverages, confectionery, processed meat, poultry, and seafood
• North America emerged as the largest regional market in terms of revenue in 2018 and is estimated to reach a market size of USD 1.0 billion by 2025
• Some of the key players operating in North America are Bavaria Corporation International; Biosecur Lab, Inc.; Prinova Group, LLC; Kalsec, Inc.; and DowDupont, Inc.; providing both natural as well as chemical preservatives
• The U.S. food preservatives market, in terms of revenue, was valued at USD 375.2 million in 2018. It is characterized by a shift among manufacturers from synthetic to natural and organic preservatives.
• Some of the major strategies adopted by the major players in the industry are product innovation, most notably in the natural preservatives industry space, and capacity expansion through mergers and collaborations.
For Requesting a Sample Copy Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/food-preservatives-market/request/rs15
Food Preservatives Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global food preservatives market on the basis of type, function, application, and region:
Food Preservatives Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• Edible Oil
• Rosemary Extracts
Food Preservatives Function Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
Food Preservatives Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• Meat & Poultry
Food Preservatives Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
• Central and South America
• Middle East & Africa
• South Africa
Fill The Pre-Order Enquiry Form For The Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/2632/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a U.S. & India-based market research and consultancy firm. It is headquartered in San Francisco. We provide business insights, syndicated research reports, and customized research reports to large as well as small and medium-scale enterprises. Our database features thousands of statistics and in-depth analyses on more than 45 industries. Grand View Research’s extensive database is used by Fortune 500 companies to understand the regional as well as the global business environment.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States