Failure Of Hydraulic Seals And Routine Maintenance
Seal is a basic component commonly used in sealing devices. It plays an irreplaceable role in solving the problems of leakage and sealing in the production process. It also promotes technological progress and effectively prevents and alleviates environmental pollution. An important way, as a rubber product, rubber seals are combined with sealing technology to become a molecular material with higher value. When this type of molecular material is subjected to a small pressure, its elasticity becomes extremely flexible, so The contact area can be increased to make up for the leakage and thus play a sealing role.
The hydraulic seal fails, and the seal failure generally manifests as:
1. Aging: Aging refers to the damage to the elasticity, compressive strength and anti-solvent properties of the seal, which makes it brittle and sticky;
2. Wear: This mainly means that the seal has been used for too long and the surface is worn
3. Damage: Due to deformation or even tearing at the contact opening of the seal, various degrees of fracture and damage have occurred;
4. Distortion: Distortion means that the seal is excessively deformed and cannot return to its original shape;
Reasons for the failure form:
1. Due to the poor quality of the selected seals, and the selected model does not match the actual situation,
2. Improper installation method. In actual operation, the seal is not installed correctly, causing serious deformation of the seal;
3. It may also be caused by oil pollution. If the oil is highly contaminated, it will pollute the sealing parts of the seal. If this happens, the damage of the sealing parts will increase, and swelling and softening will often occur. Phenomenon;
4. The storage and placement place of the seal is incorrectly selected. If the place where the seal is placed during storage and transportation, if it is not suitable, it will cause the seal to fail;
Knowing from the above failure phenomena and reasons, it is very necessary to regularly maintain the seals. Therefore, it is necessary to do a good job of daily maintenance of the sealing parts, and the specific
measures are as follows:
1. To avoid damage to the seal, it is necessary to apply grease to the opening of the seal to increase the lubricity of the installation to make it easier to install. After installation, pay attention to frequently cleaning the inlet and outlet oil holes;
2. In order to prevent the seal from being deformed and twisted, the hardness of the sealing material should be reasonably adjusted according to the pressure of the liquid and the degree of sealing, so as to avoid damage to the seal due to operational problems;
3. In daily maintenance, spare rubber seals should be prepared for emergency, and spare seals should be kept to prevent damage or even scrap.
Company Name: Yantai Jiwei Construction Machinery Equipment Co., Ltd.
Email: Send Email