Excessive Daytime Sleepiness is a highly prevalent complaint associated with significant adverse effects on health, workplace and academic performance, absenteeism, and overall health and safety. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness treatment is based on the underlying cause of the condition. Traditionally, amphetamine-like stimulants (i.e., dopaminergic release enhancers) have been used for clinical management to improve the disease, along with tricyclic antidepressants, which have been used as anticataplectics.
1. There are 19.5% of US adults that are suffering from moderate to severe excessive daytime sleepiness.
2. It is estimated that 20–25% of people with narcolepsy have all four symptoms, including excessive daytime sleepiness, abrupt loss of muscle function, sleep paralysis and hallucinations.
3. The prevalence of Excessive Daytime Sleepiness is more in individuals aged between 20 and 49 years.
Key benefits of the report
1. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness market report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Excessive Daytime Sleepiness epidemiology and Excessive Daytime Sleepiness market in the 7 MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
2. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness market report provides insights into the current and emerging therapies.
3. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7 MM.
4. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Excessive Daytime Sleepiness market.
The underlying cause of the disease determines the type of Excessive Daytime Sleepiness treatment given to the patients. These include non- pharmacologic approaches; pharmacologic treatments (sympathomimetic agents; caffeine); Central Nervous Stimulants [Methylphenidate (Ritalin, Ritalin SR, Methylin, Methylin ER), Mixed Amphetamine Salts (Adderall IR, Adderall XR), Dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine, Dexedrine SR), Lisdexamfetamine (Vyvanse)] and another rapid eye movement (REM) sleep medications.
In the case of sleep apnea, a continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) machine can be used. Medication can also be recommended to patients who are suffering from narcolepsy to make them remain awake. Shift workers may also benefit from medication if adjusting sleep habits does not help, or if rotating schedules make it challenging to sleep sufficiently. In case of failure, behavioural changes to improve sleep, medication may be an option.
Table of contents
1. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Report Introduction
2. Executive Summary
3. SWOT Analysis
4. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Market Overview at a Glance
5. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Disease Background and Overview
6. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Epidemiology and Patient Population
7. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Country-wise Epidemiology
7.1. United States
7.7. United Kingdom
8. Unmet Needs
9. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Treatments & Medical Practices
10. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Marketed Therapies
10.1. Key Cross Competition
10.2. Sunosi: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
11. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Emerging Therapies
11.1. Key Cross Competition
11.2. JZP-258: Jazz Pharmaceuticals
12. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Market Size
13. 7MM Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Country-Wise Market Analysis
13.1. United States Market Size
13.2. Germany Market Size
13.3. France Market Size
13.4. United Kingdom Market Size
13.5. Spain Market Size
13.6. Italy Market Size
13.7. Japan Market Size
14. Market Barriers
15. Market Drivers
16. Excessive Daytime Sleepiness Report Methodology
17. DelveInsight Capabilities
19. About DelveInsight