The demand for the global EV range extender market is estimated to be worth 494,083 units by 2025, according to a new report by Million Insights, growing at a CAGR of 10.2% from 2018 to 2025. An EV range extender is a system that enables a higher vehicle range to allow long-distance journeys. High growth in the use of commercial and fully electric passenger vehicles to lower CO2 emissions along with superior performance abilities and expandable range is anticipated to stimulate industry growth.
The automotive industry is regarded as the largest oil consumer globally, contributing to increased pollution levels. Governments of several nations have imposed strict regulations on manufacturers to produce zero/low emission vehicles to help lower carbon emission.
On the other hand, governments of emerging nations like India and China are providing incentives to encourage the use of EVs. For example, the Indian government, in August 2018 announced to provide a subsidy of about 20% on the purchase of the latest EVs. However, less mileage range can pose a challenge concerning the consumers since it restricts the total distance covered. To combat this, prominent players like General Motors, Mahle Group, BMW Group, and Volvo Car Corp have introduced extender solutions to enable long-distance journeys by increasing battery capacity.
To download the sample PDF of “EV Range Extender Market Report” please click here:
In order to expand their market position and total profitability, major automobile companies are aiming at combining range extenders with their latest models. For example, BMW Group introduced the BMW i3 electric vehicle combined with an extended range solution, which allows customers to travel longer journeys.
Major industry participants are further investing substantial amount in R&D processes to create advanced range extender products for higher battery efficiency and driving range coupled with reduced battery costs. However, rising attention of OEMs to deploy range extender technology in next generation electric vehicle models along with the rising trade disputes between U.S. and China may pose a challenge to Electric Vehicle Range Extender market growth.
To browse report summary & detailed TOC, please click the link below:
Further key findings from the report suggest:
• North America held the leading market in 2017 due to the presence of prominent manufacturers including Magna International Inc. and General Motors Co. providing fuel cell and ICE range extenders.
• Governments across Europe are providing various subsidies and rebates to encourage the sales for electric vehicles. However, the scarcity of charging infrastructure compared to increasing sales of EVs, which is likely to stimulate demand.
• Governments globally are constantly investing in strengthening public transport infrastructure, thus, boosting the demand for commercial EVs. The manufacturing cost of range extenders is less than the cost needed to set up the charging infrastructure.
• Major players are integrating with electric vehicle manufacturers to produce new technologies that can provide alternative solutions and further deploy extenders in the latest models.
Million Insights has segmented the global EV range extender market on the basis of product, vehicle, component, and region:
EV Range Extender Product Outlook (Volume, Units, 2015 – 2025)
• ICErange extender
• Fuel cellrange extender
EV Range Extender Vehicle Outlook (Volume, Units, 2015 – 2025)
• Passenger vehicles
• Commercial vehicles
EV Range Extender Component Outlook (Volume, Units, 2015 – 2025)
• Battery pack
• Power converter
• Electric motor
EV Range Extender Regional Outlook (Volume, Units, 2015 – 2025)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
Browse the Latest Industry Research Reports Available with Million Insights:
• Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients Market – In connection with the report published, the global active pharmaceutical ingredients market was prized by USD 187.76 billion in 2020. It is estimated to witness 6.6% CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
• Flooring Market – With reference to the report published, the global flooring market was prized by USD 388.24 billion in 2020. It is projected to witness 6.1% CAGR from 2021 to 2028.
About Million Insights
Million Insights, is a distributor of market research reports, published by premium publishers only. We have a comprehensive market place that will enable you to compare data points, before you make a purchase. Enabling informed buying is our motto and we strive hard to ensure that our clients get to browse through multiple samples, prior to an investment. Service flexibility & the fastest response time are two pillars, on which our business model is founded. Our market research report store, includes in-depth reports, from across various industry verticals, such as healthcare, technology, chemicals, food & beverages, consumer goods, material science & automotive.
Company Name: Million Insights
Contact Person: Ryan Manuel
Email: Send Email
Address:Office No. 302, 3rd Floor, Manikchand Galleria, Model Colony, Shivaji Nagar