Europe data center power market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 1% during the period 2019−2025. This market research report includes data-driven and deep market insights on the impact of COVID-19 across geographies, segments, and vendor landscape. Leverage Arizton’s market analysis to take real-time strategic business decisions and enhance your product portfolios.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- Over 130 colocation projects contribute to over 60% of the installed power capacity across the European region in 2019.
- Hyperscale developments will aid in Ireland’s growth with an expected cumulative capacity addition of over 800 MW across facilities during 2019-2025.
- The UK, Germany, and Netherlands dominated the market with investment share of over 50% in the European market in 2019.
- In 2019, Russia and Czech Republic to add around 70% of the power capacity followed by Poland and Austria with around 20% share.
- 50% of the data center investment is contributed by UPS systems with capacity of 500-1,000 KVA and generator systems >2 MW among other capacity types.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by infrastructure, ups system, generators, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 8 key vendors and 24 other vendors
Data Center Power Market in Europe – Segmentation
- Innovations and advances in UPS batteries are aiding the growth of the Europe data center power market. The adoption of lithium-ion batteries is likely to significantly increase during the forecast period as their price is expected to decline. A service provider in Germany UPS market is adopting 11.6 MW generators and UPS systems with 7.5 MW capacity in N+1 redundant configuration.
- The Europe data center power market has witnessed an increase in the adoption of UPS systems with over 1,000 kVA capacity among large facilities. Hyperscale colocation facilities are more likely to adopt over 1,000 kVA UPS systems. The installation of racks that can support a power density of up to 50 kW will increase, thereby reducing the use of centralized UPS systems with a capacity of greater than 1,000 kVA at the data center level.
- Generators with greater than 2 MW capacity dominates the global data center power market. The increasing deployment of mega data centers by hyperscale operators will continue to generate revenue for this segment during the forecast period. The demand for greater than 2 MW generators is expected to be higher in large facilities.
Market Segmentation by Power Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches & Switchgears
- Power Distribution Units (PDU)
Market Segmentation by UPS Systems
- <=500 kVA
Market Segmentation by Tier Standards
- Tier I &II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center Power Market in Europe – Dynamics
The increasing adoption of advance technologies such as cloud services, big data analytics and colocation service by various business verticals such as BFSI, healthcare, logistics & Transport, e-commerce, manufacturing have increased the demand for hyperscale facilities. With the implementation of industry 4.0, increasing automation have increased the demand for cloud-based services and increased the demand for artificial intelligence amongst the businesses. European region is expected to grow rapidly with multiple hyperscale projects from cloud service provider as well as colocation service providers. Over 20 hyperscale data center facilities were under construction in 2019 and expected to open by Q2 2020.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Growing Investments in Data Centers by Colocation Operators
- High Adoption of Modular Power Infrastructure & Data Centers
- Use of Lithium-ion Batteries in Data Centers
- Adoption of DC UPS Systems to Reduce Power Loss
Data Center Power Market in Europe – Geography
The data center power market in Western Europe is well developed and is mainly driven by the implementation of GDPR in May 2018. The market has witnessed significant investments with numerous projects carried out by colocation, cloud, telecommunication, and internet service providers. Countries such as Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, France, and Ireland are the top growing countries. The availability of renewable energy sources and free cooling facility along with the tax incentives offered by various countries have attracted data center investments from both global and local colocation service providers such as Interxion, Equinix, Digital Realty, CyrusOne, NDC Data Center, NTT (e-Shelter), Aruba, STT GDC (Virtus), Colt DCS, Global Switch, and DATA4 Smart Data Center.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- Western Europe
- Other Western European Countries
- Finland & Iceland
- Central & Eastern Europe
- Russia & Czech Republic
- Poland & Austria
- Other Countries
- Schneider Electric
- Euro-Diesel (KINOLT)
- MTU On Site Energy (Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG)
Other vendors include – AEG Power Systems, Artesyn Embedded Technologies (Advanced Energy), Black Box Network Services (AGC Networks), Chatsworth Products, Cisco Systems, Cyber Power Systems, Delta Group, Fuji Electric, Generac Power Systems, Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), Hitech Power Protection, Hitzinger, KOHLER (SDMO), Legrand, Mitsubishi, Panduit, Piller Power Systems, Pramac, Riello UPS, Rittal, Socomec, Toshiba, Yanmar Group (HIMOINSA).
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States