In-depth analysis and data-driven insights on the impact of COVID-19 included in this Europe cell and gene therapy market report.
The Europe cell and gene therapy market is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 23% during the period 2020−2026.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- COVID-19 has negatively impacted the Europe cell and gene therapy market. Most of the raw materials required for the cell and gene therapy are unable to reach the manufacturers. The cell therapy patients and cell donors are not able to access the hospitals, limiting the demand for the cell and gene therapy in Europe.
- Germany accounted for the largest share with more than 20% in the Europe cell and Gene therapy market. This was due to the increased target population, availability of reimbursements, and innovative payment options for the cell and gene therapies in the country.
- The oncology segment accounted for largest share with incremental growth of more than USD 1 billion and absolute growth with more than 250% during the forecast period.
- Based on the end-users segment the hospitals dominated the market with over 50% share and absolute growth of more than 260% and CAGR of approximately 24% during the forecast period.
- In the Europe region, the Western European countries with developed healthcare infrastructure and larger availability of the skilled professionals, increased investments by the key vendors have dominated the market compared to the rest of the European countries.
- Based on the product segment the cell therapy accounted for the largest share, however the gene therapy is expected to dominate in the market in the future, which is growing at a CAGR of over 28%
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2020−2026
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by products, end-user, application, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – 5 key vendors, 19 other vendors, and 12 investigational companies
Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market – Segmentation
- A high potential to treat several chronic diseases, which cannot be effectively treated/cured through conventional methods otherwise, is propelling gene therapies’ growth. Gene therapies are regarded as a potential revolution in the health sciences and pharmaceutical fields.
- Delivering cell and gene therapies requires specialized facilities, capabilities, and clinician skills. Therefore, manufacturers are working in tandem with chosen treatment centers (hospitals) to establish the protocols and procedures necessary to receive the product and therapies. While cell therapies represent a paradigm shift in treating several incurable, chronic diseases, with durable responses and long-term disease control measures, hospitals appear an ideal location to carry out these procedures.
- Oncology accounted for a share of over 30% in 2020. While cancer treatments have evolved and undergone massive developments in recent years, it continues to be one of the deadliest diseases confronted by humans. Traditional cancer therapies have a curative effect in the short term; however, they have side effects, thereby decreasing patients’ quality of life.
Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market by Product
- Cell Therapies
- Gene Therapies
Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market by End-user
- Cancer Care Centers
- Wound Care Centers
Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market by Application
Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market – Dynamics
Cell and gene therapy is revolutionizing the global healthcare segment. Although various new cell and gene therapies are approved, there are various hurdles that limit the penetration of new therapies, such as high cost, multiple regulatory hurdles, and other manufacturing challenges. These cell and gene therapy developers need reliable, efficient, and cost-effective manufacturing services with the flexibility to scale up production as the demand increases. Cell and gene therapy products are very complex, and their manufacturing requires skilled labor, developed infrastructure for limited patients. Such huge investments will affect vendors and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs) work with companies to overcome these challenges.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Robust Cell & Gene Therapy Pipeline
- Increase in Strategic Acquisitions
- Regulatory Support for Cell and Gene Therapy Market
- Increasing Demand for CAR-T Therapy in Europe
Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market – Geography
European countries such as Germany, France, the UK, Italy, and Spain play a significant role in the cell and gene therapy market. However, clinical trials and the number of manufacturing facilities are increasing slowly in Europe. Europe has become a major R&D destination for many vendors as the funding for cell and gene therapies is increasing across many European countries. Europe stands next to North America in the global cell and gene therapy market. Initially, Europe led the cell and gene therapy market due to first product approvals. France, Germany, and Italy had a greater contribution globally and in Europe. However, from the past decade, the US has competed and increased its market share globally. Europe stands second in the market, with the increasing prevalence of cancer and rare genetic disorders that are not effectively solved by the conventional therapies are increasing in the region. This increased target population is driving the demand for cell and gene therapy in the region.
Europe Cell and Gene Therapy Market by Geography
- Spark Therapeutics
- Gilead Sciences
Other Prominent Vendors
- APAC Biotech
- AVITA Medical
- bluebird bio
- CHIESI Farmaceutici
- Human Stem Cells Institute PJSC (HSCI)
- Orchard Therapeutics
- RMS Regenerative Medical System
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Sibino GeneTech
- Shanghai Sunway Biotech
- Takeda Pharmaceutical Company
Emerging Investigational Vendors In Europe
- Adaptimmune Therapeutics
- AgenTus Therapeutics
- Freeline Therapeutics
- PsiOxus Therapeutics Ltd
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States