The Europe and Middle East and Africa Condom Market size is expected to reach USD 3.7 billion by 2026, registering a CAGR of 7.2% over the forecast period, based on a new report published by Grand View Research, Inc. increasing initiatives for the promotion and distribution of condoms is expected to boost the growth. Rise in unintended pregnancies, awareness among the young population due to adequate sex education in developed countries, and growing demand from sexually active individuals to enhance their sex life are other significant factors anticipated to drive the growth.
Condoms provide dual protection against unwanted pregnancies and STIs. It is advocated as the most effective medical device for prevention of HIV by global healthcare organizations such as WHO, UNFPA, and UNAIDS. Awareness programs regarding the product are expected to drive the market in the forthcoming years. A study by the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA) published in 2018 revealed that effective condom programs could avert 700 million STI cases, 17 million HIV infections, and 420 million unintended pregnancies by 2030 in high burden countries.
The demand for condoms from sex workers and LGBTQ community is increasing, with rising awareness regarding STIs and HIV transmission. Rising government initiatives to drive awareness among young and high-risk population have improved in many countries is expected to create growth opportunities for the market. For instance, in June 2017, the Ministry of Health in France announced reimbursement for condoms prescribed by a doctor or a midwife.
Access More Informative Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/europe-mea-condom-market/request/rs1
Public sector brands are made available at healthcare centers, clubs, and public facilities, while subsidized and commercial brands are sold at pharmacies, retail stores, and online sites. Effective promotion, brand recognition, and new and innovative product launch are the key factors aiding the manufacturers to grow in the condom industry. For instance, in April 2017, Church & Dwight Co., Inc. launched a new range of condoms, XOXO, which are offered in gender-neutral colors. The product is designed to appeal to women and is expected to boost the company’s revenue.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- In Europe, mass merchandizers are expected to witness fastest growth owing to changing consumer perception about promotion and selling of condoms in mass retail channels
- Moreover, reducing social stigma associated with buying condoms from retail pharmacies is encouraging customers to approach drug stores and pharmacies
- As people have become more aware about prevention of HIV and other STIs and their sexual needs, sale of condoms based on flavors, colors, texture, and size from retail stores and drug stores have increased significantly
- In Middle East and Africa, condoms are primarily distributed free of cost or at subsidised rate to promote the usage and raise awareness regarding prevention of HIV and STIs. Public and social marketing brands are distributed among population who cannot afford the product. The commercial brands of condom serves the rest of the population
- In 2017, Assessment of the Retail Environment of Male Condoms in Nigeria, Kenya, South Africa, Zimbabwe, and Zambia report stated that around 850 million free condoms were distributed by the public sector in these countries
- Some of the major players operating in the Europe and Middle East and Africa condom market are are FUJI LATEX CO., LTD.; Reckitt Benckiser Group plc; Church & Dwight Co., Inc.; Karex Berhad; LELO; LifeStyles Healthcare Pte. Ltd.; Mayer Laboratories, Inc.; Ritex GmbH; Pasante Healthcare LTD.; CPR GmbH; Futura Medical; Restance, Inc., rrtMedcon; and Cupid Limited
Make An Inquiry To Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/7039/ibb
Chapter 1 Methodology And Scope
1.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
1.1.1 Distribution Channel For Europe
1.1.2 Distribution Channel For Middle East & Africa
1.1.3 Estimates And Forecast Timeline
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Information Procurement
1.3.1 Purchased Database
1.3.2 GVR’s Internal Database
1.3.3 Secondary Sources
1.3.4 Primary Research
1.4 Information or Data Analysis
1.5 Market Formulation & Validation
1.6 Model Details
1.6.1 Commodity Flow Analysis (Model 1)
1.6.2 Volume Price Analysis (Model 2)
1.7 List of Secondary Sources
1.8 List of Primary Sources
1.9 List of Abbreviations
1.10.1 Objective – 1
1.10.2 Objective – 2
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Market Outlook
2.2 Segment Outlook
2.2.1 Europe Distribution Channel
2.2.2 MEA Distribution Channel
2.3 Competitive Insights
Chapter 3 Europe and MEA Condom Market Variables, Trends & Scope
3.1 Market Segmentation
3.2 Market Dynamics
3.2.1 Market Driver Analysis
184.108.40.206 Increasing prevalence Of HIV and STD
220.127.116.11 Favorable government initiatives
18.104.22.168 Increasing penetration of online retailers
Browse Related Reports
Dental Fillings Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Filling Type (Direct, Indirect), By Region (North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, Middle East & Africa), And Segment Forecasts, 2019 – 2026
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States