The sudden lockdown left a profound impact on people’s routine lives. The government decided to shut down the nation and restricted the movement of the citizens as a precautionary measure to the COVID-19 virus outbreak in March. However, government authorities and essential businesses functioned to keep the economy up and running.
With lockdown, car servicing and repair centers were closed, making it difficult for these teams to keep up the pace. DrWheelz, an automotive startup that provides 24/7 doorstep car repair and service, stepped in to support those who were trying to keep things moving.
“They address 80% of the customer’s requirement at their doorstep. These can be simple jumpstart requirement to even complex engine failure. The rest 20%, such as denting or painting, need addressing at the nearest tie-up workshops,” says Antony S, Operations Head – India, DrWheelz. During the lockdown, they were successfully able to provide an optimal solution to emergency services, such as police vans, goods transports, hospital staff, and ambulances.
They joined in as a support system to emergency service providers and helped them with round-the-clock car repair and service with just a call away. During the lockdown, backend took calls from their homes and informed the ground staff stationed at Indian Oil Petrol Pumps. These stationed staffs were fully-equipped with all required tools ready to serve instantly.
“Once, a police station reached us saying their 3 patrolling vehicles came to a sudden halt. It hindered their regular duties during the lockdown. DrWheelz immediately informed their nearest ground staff, who reached at the spot within 22 minutes and rolled out the first vehicle in the next 51 minutes.” This quick and effective response satisfied and made them feel proud for addressing the requirement, even during the lockdown.
Company Name: DrWheelz
Contact Person: Shiva
Email: Send Email
Address:Cinnabar Hills, Embassy Golf Links Business Park, Challaghatta
City: Bengaluru 560071