Disposable medical linen market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 6% during the period 2019−2025. This market research report includes data-driven and deep market insights on the impact of COVID-19 across geographies, segments, and vendor landscape. Leverage Arizton’s market analysis to take real-time strategic business decisions and enhance your product portfolios.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- The disposable medical linen market in North America would realize an absolute growth of around 53% – a phenomenal leap of over $1.5 billion revenue between 2019 and 2022.
- Buoyed by the growing demand for disposable medical linen during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the market revenue will reach over $7 billion in 2020, registering YOY growth of over 102% from 2019.
- Registering a high growth CAGR over 5%, the hospital segment will contribute over $721 million incremental revenue during 2019-2025.
- Owing to the growing demand of in hospitals rooms due to COVID-19 pandemic, bed linen will register a growth CAGR over 5% during the forecast period.
- Due to ease in accessibility, surgical & hygiene linen acquires highest incremental growth over $588 million during the forecast period.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by product, end-user, distribution, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 8 key vendors and 37 other vendors
Disposable Medical Linen Market – Segmentation
- The bed linen segment is expected to reach a revenue value of over $2 billion by 2025. The sale of bed linen in the US witnessed a spike of 101% in March 2020. As the reusability of blankets in hospitals increases laundry expenditures, the trend of opting for disposable medical blankets is growing.
- The increase in the patient population in hospitals provides immense growth prospects for the vendors. The outbreak of the coronavirus has resulted in between 10 million and 34 million hospital visits. Approximately one-fifth of these patients requiring intensive treatment, thereby increasing the demand for hospital beds and bedsheets and pillow covers.
- Vendors in countries such as the US primarily sell their finished products drug stores, specialty stores, supermarkets, hypermarkets, and the internet. A majority of sales are targeted at institutional buyers such as hospitals and medical institutions. The increasing number of hospitals is growing, especially after the outbreak of COVID-19, which is increasing the demand for medical linen.
Segmentation by Product
- Bed Linen
- Surgical & Hygiene Linen
Segmentation by End-user
- Diagnostic Centers
- Nursing Care Facilities
- Standalone Clinics
Segmentation by Distribution
Disposable Medical Linen Market – Dynamics
In developed countries, reprocessing and reuse of single-use medical equipment are mostly limited to expensive or highly specialized medical equipment. According to the reports, the value of the US reprocessed single use medical equipment is approximately $150 million. Further, reusable medical linen cannot prevent cross-contamination, even if they are washed or decontaminated. There are chances of contamination after surgical procedures, which can hamper hygiene in healthcare practices. Currently, several studies also showed that the major cause of COVID-19 was the spread of the virus through contaminated surfaces. Hence, it is better to switch to disposable medical linen in the long run.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Spike in Demand Post COVID-19
- Rising Geriatric Population
- Increasing Patient Base Due to Rise in Various Diseases
- Rising Number of Healthcare-associated Infections
Disposable Medical Linen Market – Geography
The growth in North America is mainly attributed to the increasing incidence of several acute and chronic diseases. The surge in the volume of surgeries, the availability of advanced healthcare infrastructure, and the increased awareness of safety and hygiene practices have increased the demand for disposable linens. The market in this region is characterized by high penetration of advanced treatment solutions for chronic and acute diseases. Also, with the favorable government financial support for several surgical procedures, resulting in higher uptake of surgeries and demand for disposable medical linen.
Segmentation by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Medline Industries
- Hygeco Group
- HARTMANN Group
- Cardinal Health
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB
- The 3M Company
Other vendors include – Karam Green Bags, Intco Medical, Salius Pharma, Z Plus Disposable, Wuhan Morntrip Trading (Xiantao Tongda Non-woven Products), Kwality Healthcare, Om Sai Enterprises, Bellcross Industries, Hebei Guiping Medical Equipment, RFI Creations, Erenler Medikal, Franz Mensch, Dispotech, Sri Vishnu Industries, S and T Healthcare Technologies, Lohmann & Rauscher (L&R), Halyard Health, Priontex, Medica Europe, AB Kronoby Fatex, Encompass Group, Healthcare Wholesale Linen, Narang Medical Limited, Paradise Pillow, Hopkins Medical Products, KSE Suppliers, ATD-AMERICAN, Plasti Surge Industries, VI PHA CO, Graham Medical, SABIC, Henry Schein, Teqler, SÖHNGEN, NITRAS Medical (NITRAS SAFETY PRODUCTS), SHALEX OVERSEAS, and Changzhou Care-De Sanitary Material.
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States