“Diabetic Retinopathy Market” report has been added to DelveInsight
Diabetic Retinopathy Overview
Diabetic Retinopathy is a condition that occurs in people who have diabetes. It causes progressive damage to the retina, the light-sensitive lining at the back of the eye. It is a major cause of vision impairment and blindness among working-age adults. Diabetic retinopathy is classified into two types, Non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) and Proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR). NPDR is the early stage of the disease in which symptoms.
Diabetic Retinopathy Market
DelveInsight’s “Diabetic Retinopathy Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2030″ report delivers an in-depth understanding of the Diabetic Retinopathy, historical and forecasted epidemiology as well as the Diabetic Retinopathy market trends in the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and United Kingdom) and Japan.
Diabetic Retinopathy Market: Report
The Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) market report provides current treatment practices, emerging drugs and their market share of the individual therapies, current and forecasted Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) symptoms market size from 2017 to 2030 segmented by seven major markets. The report also covers current Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) symptoms treatment practice/algorithm, market drivers, market barriers and unmet medical needs to curate the best of the opportunities and assesses the underlying potential of the market.
Request free sample copy- https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/diabetic-retinopathy-market
Diabetic Retinopathy Market: Geography Covered
- The United States
- EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the United Kingdom)
Diabetic Retinopathy Market: Treatment
The treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy depends on the type and severity of the disease. The treatment is mainly focused on the slowing or stopping progression of the condition. Once DR has been diagnosed, ophthalmological treatment with laser photocoagulation is especially directed to treat two key complications: retinal neovascularization and severe or clinically significant macular edema.
In May 2019, the US FDA approved Aflibercept (Eylea) for the treatment of patients with DR. Ranibizumab (Lucentis) (Genentech/Novartis) 0.3 mg is also approved by the FDA for the monthly treatment of all forms of DR. Intravitreal therapies with anti-VEGF agents, particularly Eylea, and Lucentis have substantially improved the prognosis of potentially severe ocular diseases.
Diabetic Retinopathy key Players
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals
- Aerpio Pharmaceuticals
- Boehringer Ingelheim
- And many others
Diabetic Retinopathy Drugs
- BI 1467335
- THR-317 & THR-687
- And many others
Diabetic Retinopathy Symptoms
Diabetic retinopathy in initial stages is asymptomatic. However, as diabetic retinopathy gets worse with time, one will notice symptoms such as: seeing an increasing number of floaters, having blurry vision, having a vision that sometimes changes from blurry to clear, seeing blank or dark areas in your field of vision, having poor night vision, and noticing colors appear faded or washed out, losing vision.
Diabetic Retinopathy Pathogenesis
The key pathways involved in the pathogenesis of DR include increased glucose flux through the polyol and hexosamine pathways, activetion of protein kinase C (PKC), overactivation of the plasma kallikrein-kinin (PKK) pathway and accumulation of advanced glycation end products (AGEs). Oxidative stress occurs as a result of hyperglycemia-induced mitochondrial overproduction of superoxide and has been postulated as the underlying stressor linking. Retinal microglia’s morphology changes during diabetes.
Diabetic Retinopathy Market Report
Epidemiological, clinical, and laboratory studies have increased the understanding of the pathophysiological changes of diabetic retinopathy, culminating recently in new treatment options for diabetic macular edema. Furthermore, screening programs have enabled early diagnosis and prompt treatment of sight-threatening retinopathy. Despite these advances in the field, the prevalence of diabetic retinopathy remains high at 40%. Globally, there are approximately 93 million people with diabetic retinopathy, 17 million with proliferative retinopathy, 21 million with diabetic macular edema, and 28 million with sight-threatening retinopathy, making diabetic retinopathy a significant global public health and economic problem.
Diabetic Retinopathy Market Insights
Diabetic retinopathy (DR) is a major complication of diabetes mellitus (DM), which is a leading cause of visual loss in working-age populations. The diagnosis of DR is made by clinical manifestations of vascular abnormalities in the retina. DR is, clinically, divided into two stages: non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy (NPDR) and proliferative diabetic retinopathy (PDR). NPDR represents the early stage of DR, wherein increased vascular permeability and capillary occlusion are two main observations in the retinal vasculature.
Diabetic Retinopathy Treatment
For diabetic retinopathy that is threatening or affecting the patient’s sight, the main treatments are: laser treatment – to treat the growth of new blood vessels at the back of the eye (retina) in cases of proliferative diabetic retinopathy, and to stabilize some cases of maculopathy, eye injections – to treat severe maculopathy ‘’that is threatening your sight, eye surgery – to remove blood or scar tissue from the eye if laser treatment is not possible because retinopathy is too advanced.
Diabetic Retinopathy Market Report Highlights
- In the coming years, Diabetic Retinopathy market is set to change due to the rising awareness of the disease, and incremental healthcare spending across the world; which would expand the size of the market to enable the drug manufacturers to penetrate more into the market
- The companies and academics are working to assess challenges and seek opportunities that could influence Diabetic Retinopathy R&D. The therapies under development are focused on novel approaches to treat/improve the disease condition
- Major players are involved in developing therapies for Diabetic Retinopathy. Launch of emerging therapies will significantly impact the Diabetic Retinopathy market
- A better understanding of disease pathogenesis will also contribute to the development of novel therapeutics for Diabetic Retinopathy
- Our in-depth analysis of the pipeline assets across different stages of development (Phase III and Phase II), different emerging trends and comparative analysis of pipeline products with detailed clinical profiles, key cross-competition, launch date along with product development activities will support the clients in the decision-making process regarding their therapeutic portfolio by identifying the overall scenario of the research and development activities
Get a free sample copy of the basic structure of the report– https://www.delveinsight.com/sample-request/diabetic-retinopathy-market
Table of content
- Key Insights
- Executive summary
- Diabetic Retinopathy Market Overview at a Glance
- Diabetic Retinopathy Market Overview at a Glance
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Treatment of Diabetic Retinopathy
- Unmet Needs
- Marketed Drugs
- Emerging Therapies
- Diabetic Retinopathy: Seven Major Market Analysis
- 7MM Market Outlook
- United States Market Size
- Market Drivers
- Market Barriers
- SWOT Analysis
- Market Access and Reimbursement
- Case Study
- KOL Views
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Diabetic Retinopathy Market: Report Key Strengths
- 10 Years Forecast
- 7MM Coverage
- Diabetic Retinopathy (DR) Epidemiology Segmentation
- Key Cross Competition
- Highly Analyzed Market
- Drugs Uptake
Diabetic Retinopathy Market: Report Assessment
- Current Treatment Practices
- Unmet Needs
- Pipeline Product Profiles
- Market Attractiveness
- Market Drivers and Barriers
Why should you buy this report?
- The report will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Diabetic Retinopathy market
- To understand the future market competition in the Diabetic Retinopathy market and Insightful review of the key market drivers and barriers
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Diabetic Retinopathy in the US, Europe (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom) and Japan
- Identification of strong upcoming players in the market will help in devising strategies that will help in getting ahead of competitors
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the best opportunities for Diabetic Retinopathy market
- To understand the future market competition in the Diabetic Retinopathy market
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for life science vertical and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States