DelveInsight has launched a new report on “Diabetic Foot Ulcer – Market Insights, Epidemiology, and Market Forecast-2032”.
Some of the key facts of the Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Report:
- According to the research study of Zhang et al. (2016), the global diabetic foot ulcer prevalence was 6.3%, which was higher in males than in females. Also, it was higher in type 2 diabetic patients than in type 1 diabetics and North America had the highest prevalence i.e. 13%.
- On the basis of 2015 prevalence data from the International Diabetes Federation (IDF), it is estimated that, annually, foot ulcers develop in 9.1 million to 26.1 million people with diabetes
- worldwide. The proportion of persons with diabetes and a history of foot ulceration is understandably higher than the proportion with an active ulcer; 3.1 to 11.8% of persons with diabetes, or 12.9 million to 49.0 million persons worldwide. Also, 1.0 million to 3.5 million in the United States alone, have a history of foot ulceration.
- According to the research study of Zhang et al. (2016), the diabetic foot was more common in male diabetic patients than female patients. One explanation of this gender difference might be the involvement in increased physical work in males. The results further suggested that diabetic foot ulcer prevalence was higher in type 2 diabetes mellitus T2DM (6.4%) patients than in type 1 diabetes mellitus (T1DM) (5.5%) patients, which was consistent with the results of older studies.
Key benefits of the report:
- The Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Report covers a descriptive overview and comprehensive insight of the Diabetic Foot Ulcer Epidemiology and Diabetic Foot Ulcer market in the 7MM (the United States, EU5 (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, UK) & Japan.)
- The Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Report provides insights on the current and emerging therapies.
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer market report provides a global historical and forecasted market covering drug outreach in 7MM.
- The Diabetic Foot Ulcer market report offers an edge that will help in developing business strategies by understanding trends shaping and driving the Diabetic Foot Ulcer market.
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Overview
Diabetic Foot Ulcer is one of the most significant and devastating complications of diabetes mellitus, and probably the major component of the diabetic foot. According to the American Podiatric Medical Association (APMA), diabetes is the leading cause of non-traumatic lower extremity amputations in the United States, and approximately 14-24% of patients with diabetes who develop a foot ulcer will require an amputation. Foot ulceration precedes 85% of diabetes-related amputations.
A Diabetic Foot Ulcer is an open sore (also referred to as a wound) on the skin that does not heal the way it should These occur commonly in type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus patients, as they are a common complication of poorly controlled diabetes. Diabetic Foot Ulcers are complex, chronic wounds, which have a major long-term impact on the morbidity, mortality, and quality of patients’ lives. Diabetic Foot Ulcer forms as a result of skin tissue breaking down and exposing the layers underneath. Commonly forms under big toes and the balls of the feet, and can affect the feet down to the bones.
A Diabetic Foot Ulcer is caused by neuropathic (nerve) and vascular (blood vessel) complications of diabetes. In most Diabetic Foot Ulcer patients, peripheral neuropathy and peripheral arterial disease (PAD) (or both) play a central role. Therefore, Diabetic Foot Ulcer is generally categorized into three types, Neuropathic, Ischemic, and Neuro-ischemic Diabetic Foot Ulcer.
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market
The dynamics of the Diabetic Foot Ulcer market are anticipated to change in the coming years owing to the expected launch of emerging therapies by companies such as Amniox/Tissue Tech, Biotherapy Services, Oneness Biotech, and others during the forecasted period 2019-2032.
Learn more by requesting for sample @ Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Landscape
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Pipeline Therapies and Key Companies
- TTAX01: Amniox/Tissue Tech
- RAPID Biodynamic Haematogel: Biotherapy Services
- ON101: Oneness Biotech
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Drivers
- Rich emerging pipeline
- Development of new treatment modalities
- Patients-friendly dosage regimes
Table of Contents
1. Report Introduction
2. Executive Summary
3. SWOT analysis
4. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Patient Share (%) Overview at a Glance
5. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Overview at a Glance
6. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Disease Background and Overview
7. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Epidemiology and Patient Population
8. Country-Specific Patient Population of Diabetic Foot Ulcer
9. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Current Treatment and Medical Practices
10. Unmet Needs
11. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Emerging Therapies
12. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Outlook
13. Country-Wise Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Analysis (2019–2032)
14. Market Access and Reimbursement of Therapies
15. Market drivers
16. Market barriers
18. Diabetic Foot Ulcer Report Methodology
19. DelveInsight Capabilities
21. About DelveInsight
Click here to read more about the Diabetic Foot Ulcer Market Outlook 2032.
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Pipeline
Diabetic Foot Ulcer Epidemiology
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Kritika Rehani
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States