Citizens of select countries can apply for a Canada visa online, while all other countries must apply through the regular channels. A visa is a proof that the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country of residence has determined that you are eligible and meet the Entry requirements. Instead, they can apply for and receive an eTA for Canada, which can be applied for online. As of August 2015, an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is required for travelers visiting Canada for six months. eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals wishing to travel to Canada by air. Most nationals do not require a visa for tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days. Canada Visa Online is a visa waiver document that allows qualified foreign citizens of various countries (visa-free) to visit Canada without first obtaining a visa from a Canadian embassy or consulate.
Types of Canada Visa
- Temporary resident visa
- Study permit
- Work permit
- Permanent resident travel document
What Are the Documents Necessary for a Canada Visa?
The following documents are necessary:
- Your valid ID card.
- A Valid passport with minimum two blank pages
- A Proper application for a Canada visa.
- A receipt for Canada visa payments.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- A medical examination certifying excellent health.
- Photographs meeting the criteria for submitting photographs for a Canada visa.
- Proof of financial standing
- Proof that you will return home after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents proving your identity and marital status.
- A letter explaining why you are visiting Canada.
Since the Canada Visa Application Form is available online, the applicant can easily apply for an eTA without going through any hurdles. Today, Canada visa applications have been replaced by the Canada eTA visa, which has the same meaning and has similar criteria and grants travelers the same permission. A Canada eTA visa is a required travel authorization you need to fly to Canada without a traditional visitor or tourist visa. Visitors who are eligible to apply for an eTA visa from Canada can obtain the required authorization at any time of the day from the comfort of their own home without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
Who Requires a Visa to Enter Canada?
Entering Canada requires a visa for citizens of countries that do not have an eTA or visa waiver agreement. There are approximately 148 countries that require a visa to enter Canada. Citizens of these countries must go through the visa application process depending on the reason for visiting the country. You can get different types of visas e.g. Visitor, study, work or even immigrant visas.
You must follow these easy procedures to apply for a visa to Canada:
- Check if you’re eligible to travel to Canada
- Check your eligibility for a Canadian visa.
- Get the documents that show you meet the criteria for a visa
- Create an online profile.
- Give your fingerprints and photo (bio-metrics)
- Put the document file together.
- Cover the costs.
- Wait for your Canadian visa to be processed.
- Passport and processing costs must be submitted.
The Canada eTA visa from Australia is not optional but is a mandatory requirement for all Australian citizens traveling to the country for short stays. The Electronic Travel Authorization for Canada is only available to travelers entering Canada by air. You will still need ID and travel documents. Australian citizens must apply for a Canada eTA visa to enter Canada for tourism, business, transit or medical visits of up to 90 days. Australia is one of fifty visa-free countries, meaning Australian citizens do not need a visa to visit Canada. Instead, Australians must obtain an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada. Canadian authorities introduced the eTA in 2015 to pre-screen foreign visitors to Canada and determine their eligibility.
Canada eTA Requirements for Australian Citizens
- An Australian passport valid for at least 6 months from the date of travel
- A valid credit or debit card to pay for the eTA fees.
- An Email address to receive notifications about the Canada eTA
The Canadian eTA for Belgian citizens was introduced in 2016 to allow travelers to obtain an electronic travel authorization online only, without having to visit an embassy or consulate in person. Like many other nationalities, Belgian citizens do not need to apply for a visa when traveling to Canada for tourism purposes. Because as a Belgian you are exempt from the visa requirement. However, you must apply for a Canada ETA prior to departure. An approved eTA for Canada from Belgium allows multiple entries into the country and is valid for a total of 5 years from the date of issue, i.e., a new application does not have to be submitted before each trip.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR A CANADA ETA FOR THE CITIZENS OF BELGIUM?
- Valid passport – you cannot apply for a Canada ETA unless you are a passport holder. But that is not all. The travel document needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – You need to provide a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – You need to have a valid method of payment. You can use a credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal.
Company Name: CANADA Official
Contact Person: Aestura Thomas Rustam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +372 650 9308
Address:Marja 9, 10617 Tallinn