What is CNC machining? What is CNC machining Service?
CNC (computer numerical control) machines are used in a subtractive manufacturing process using computerized controls and machine tools that remove layers from the stock material to produce a custom part. Stock materials may be metals (aluminum, brass, copper, steel, and titanium), plastics, polypropylene, fiberglass, wood, glass, foam, and composites. In contrast there is additive manufacturing processes that add materials, such as 3D printing, or formative manufacturing processes such as liquid injection molding. Pre-programmed CNC machines dictate the movement of factory tools and machinery such as grinders, lathes, mills and routers. It is a fully automated process that allows a single set of prompts to create 3D cutting tasks.
Advantages of CNC machining
Replacing engineer operated equipment with CNC machining has many advantages. But speed, production rate and accuracy are some of the main advantages over conventional machining.
1) Provide efficient, expedient and precise production capacity for large quantities
2) Increases productivity and allows for faster delivery with same standard of products
3) Saves time and money because the process requires less staff and less training hours
4) Eliminates costly human errors and material waste
5) Decreases occupational health and safety accidents
6) Able to work around the clock
8) Uniform products made to exact specifications
9) Lower cost
10) Ability to store design program for future use
Types of CNC Machining
Every business has a unique need that can be completed by CNC machining. These chores may include bore, contour, cut, drill, engrave, face, grind, groove, knurl, lathe, mill, punch, shear, shape, stamp, tap, texture, thread, turn or weld. You can see that there are many advantages of using CNC machines.
There are many ways to provide the mechanical CNC machining operations, including the following:
1) Drilling – includes counterboring, countersinking, reaming and tapping using rotating multi-point bits.
2) Milling –both face milling (shallow, flat surfaces) and peripheral milling (deep cavities) for a broader range of shapes.
3) Turning – cylindrical parts with external and internal features using single point cutting tools.
Other mechanical operations include broaching, sawing, grinding, honing, and lapping.
CNC Machining Applications
CNC machining is suitable for a wide variety of industrial hardware products. This is a short list of the industries that use the CNC machining and some of the uses:
1) Automotive – frames, engine parts
2) Medical –orthotic devices, MRI machines, instruments
3) Aerospace – manifolds, landing gear parts
4) Construction – tools
5) Agriculture – tractor parts
6) Dental milling – crowns and bridges
7) Electronics – amplifier housing, electrical insulation
8) Firearms – barrels, triggers
9) Manufacturing – shearing, flame or plasma cutting
10) Marine – propellers, boat parts
11) Military – electronics, plane parts, communication components
12) Production – machinery
13) Publishing – printing equipment
14) Transportation – shipping vessels, trucks
CNC Machining Process
While each custom product being machined is unique, the actual process is the same throughout. It begins with the creation of CAD design, either 2D or 3D model. Then the model is converted to a CNC program which controls when, where, and how the machine tools move. After the code is loaded into the machine, the machine needs to be setup with the proper machine components to do the job. Finally, the instructions are sent to the machine which submits commands to begin the machine tooling process to create the custom part.
Benefits of outsourcing your CNC machining
Saving money is probably the main choice when choosing to outsource your precision machining project. CNC machines can be expensive and take up a large amount of floor space. Operation of the machines requires a highly skilled labor force which also cuts into your bottom line. Using an offshore CNC machining service allows you to increase production, reduce equipment investment concerns, and reduce operational costs.
Be Our Partner
In 2019, Desheng Machinery Enlarge the Capacity to Strength the CNC Machining Service.
DESHENGRUI MACHINERY CO., LTD is one of the leading companies specialized in developing, manufacturing and exporting mechanical products. Our factory is in Suzhou City, the East of China. It is our mission to exceed our customer’s expectations. We want to be your most trusted partner for CNC machined parts and CNC tuning parts. It is our passion to always do the right thing and create a winning partnership.
We have partners in USA, Canada, Germany, UK, Switzerland, Belgium and Israel. Contact our team to see how we can partner to increase your productivity and your bottom line. Below are our services we can provide to our customers.
Deshengrui Machinery Co., Ltd
Office: +86 512 3687 0426
KUNSHAN DESHENGRUI MACHINERY CO.,LTD is one of the leading company specialized in developing, manufacturing and exporting mechanical products. Our factory are located in Suzhou City, the East of China.