The dental imaging market sizeis expected to grow at a CAGR of approximately 8% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- North America is the major contributor to the global dental imaging market, this region is likely to witness an incremental growth rate of around $517 million during the forecast period.
- Intraoral scanners dominated the market in 2019 and will grow at an absolute growth rate of over 65% by 2025.
- CBCT accounted for a share of mid teen % in the market and is likely to grow at a CAGR of around 11% during the forecast period as the increase in scope of CBCT usage among the end-users and is considered as a game changer in the dental imaging segment.
- The increasing popularity of the cosmetic/aesthetic dentistry in the developing and developed countries is contributing to the increase in usage of dental imaging.
- The DSOs are gaining traction globally and are expanding rapidly in the developed countries. Vendors should focus on DSOs customer base and offer tailored packages, catering to the needs of the DSOs.
- Many local and global players are partnering to customize the product as per the regional need in terms of cost and distribution, which is a latest trend and has been successful among the global players and the local players in the emerging economies.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by products, methods, end-users, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 8 key vendors and 16 other vendors
Dental Imaging Market – Segmentation
- The digital panoramic X-ray technique is widely preferred as the imaging equipment, which helps in the easy detection of several oral diseases. As the demand for highly advanced and innovative digital dental imaging modalities is increasing, vendors are offering multiple panoramic scanners with compact design, with multiple practice management software systems and digital connectivity to maximum efficiency.
- The intraoral dental imaging market is growing at a faster rate. CAD/CAM technique provides a new way with economized manpower and improved efficiency to manufacturing dental restorations. The digital impression serves as the first step of the CAD/CAM technique, which includes direct intraoral scanning and indirect extraoral scanning data acquisition.
- Dental support organizations (DSO) are independent centers providing high-quality management services, which include non-clinical operations. A majority of dentists prefer to join DSOs than the clinics. The consolidation of solo practices, especially in developed countries, is growing with the current penetration standing between 20% and 23% in the US.
Market Segmentation by Product
- Standard x-ray Systems
- Intra Oral Scanners
- Intra Oral Camera
Market Segmentation by Method
Market Segmentation by End-users
- Dental Clinics
- Dental Academic Institutes
Dental Imaging Market – Dynamics
The adoption of digital technologies in dentistry allied with efficient processes, and accurate high-strength materials are replacing outdated techniques to improve overall patients’ experiences and outcomes. A variety of digital devices such as laser scanners, intraoral and face scanners, cone beam computed tomography (CBCT), software for computer-assisted design/computer-assisted manufacturing (CAD/CAM), and 3D printing provide new potential alternatives to replace the manual tasks and improve the quality of care and patient experiences. Digital technology is modernizing the quality of dental care being delivered in modern practices and laboratories. These advanced technologies enhance the communication between dentist, specialist, and lab technician, ultimately improving the results of the restorative team.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Increase in Popularity of Dental Tourism
- High Growth Potential of Dental Imaging in Emerging Markets
- Increase in Penetration of Advanced Dental Imaging Modalities
- Growing Adoption of CBCT in Dentistry
Dental Imaging Market – Geography
North America is a major revenue contributor to the dental imaging market. The US and Canada are the major revenue contributors in North America. The market is witnessing high growth due to the increase in the penetration of several oral procedures. The presence of a large pool of the elderly population that is edentulous, coupled with the increase in the incidence of several oral care disorders, requires a variety of oral healthcare procedures. Besides, the availability of a high number of highly skilled dentists performing various oral care procedures is collectively supporting the growth of the market in North America.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Dentsply Sirona
- Planmeca Oy
- Carestream Health
- LED Medical Diagnostics
- Flow Dental
Other vendors include – 3DISC, 3Shape, 8853 S.p.A., Align Technology, Bellus3D, CADstar, Dental Wings, Denterprise International, DOF, GC Europe, Medit, Motion View, Ningbo Runyes Medical Instrument, Shining 3D Tech, SUZ-DENT (INDIA), and Zfx.
Looking for more information? Click here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize foolproof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States