Data center construction market size is expected to grow at a CAGR of around 3% during the period 2019−2025.
Key Highlights Offered in the Report:
- 380+ new data center and expansion projects by colocation providers were identified worldwide during 2019.
- APAC data center market witnessed investments in over 110+ data center projects in 2019.
- Over 200 million square feet of cumulative data center space will be added worldwide between 2019-2025.
- 120+ data center projects were being developed across the globe with power capacity of 6-14 MW during 2019.
- New data center operators namely, EdgeCore, Space DC, Echelon Data Center, Chayora, PointOne, GIGA Data Center, Yotta Infrastructure Solutions, Adani Group, and Archer Data Center are ramping up their investments in hyperscale projects.
- 6. Artificial intelligence and machine learning are posting a YOY growth of 10% for direct-to-chip cooling and immersion cooling techniques.
- Market Size & Forecast by Revenue | 2019−2025
- Market Dynamics – Leading trends, growth drivers, restraints, and investment opportunities
- Market Segmentation – A detailed analysis by facility type, electrical infrastructure, mechanical infrastructure, general construction, tier standards, and geography
- Competitive Landscape – Profile of 8 support infrastructure providers, 7 data center contractors, and 11 data center investors
Data Center Construction Market – Segmentation
- The US, Germany, the Netherlands, the UK, Australia, and France have the highest number of small facility development and expansion projects. APAC is likely to increase its contributions with several telecommunication providers planning to invest in edge data centers by 2025.
- In terms of electrical infrastructure, the adoption of 2N redundant UPS systems has been increased among the facilities in North America. Hyperscale operators are deploying end-of-rack UPS solutions supporting up to six racks.
- Most facilities in the Nordic region use free cooling techniques. The region offers free cooling for over 8,400 hours per year; hence the use of free cooling systems will continue to add revenue to the market during the forecast period. Many facilities have been equipped with in-direct evaporative/adiabatic coolers.
Market Segmentation by Facility Type
- Small Data Centers
- Medium-sized Data Centers
- Hyperscale Data Centers
Market Segmentation by Electrical Infrastructure
- UPS Systems
- Transfer Switches and Switchgears
- Rack PDU
- Other Electrical Infrastructures
Market Segmentation by Mechanical Infrastructure
- Cooling Systems
- CRAC & CRAH units
- Chiller Units
- Cooling Towers, Dry Coolers, & Condensers,
- Other Cooling Units
- Others Mechanical Infrastructure
Market Segmentation by General Infrastructure
- Building Development
- Installation and Commissioning Services
- Building Designs
- Physical Security
- DCIM & BMS
Market Segmentation by Tier Standards
- Tier I &II
- Tier III
- Tier IV
Data Center Construction Market – Dynamics
The US, China, the UK, Ireland, the Netherlands, Germany, India, Japan, and Singapore were the most preferred locations for t1he development of hyperscale data centers in 2019. New entrants in the hyperscale space increased in the past year. These include PointOne, Giga Data Center, EdgeCore, Echelon, Chayora, and Archer Data Center. GIGA Data Centers opened a 60-MW data center facility in North Carolina, US, with an initial capacity of 4 MW in 2019. PointOne data center is investing in the US and Canada data center market covering around 500 MW of critical power capacity on full build. The rise in construction of hyperscale data centers will positively impact the growth of the global market during the forecast period.
Key Drivers and Trends fueling Market Growth:
- Cloud Adoption Fuels Data Center Market
- Increasing Demand for Big Data & IoT Investments
- 5g Rollout to Increase Edge Data Center Investments
- Ai Boosts Liquid Immersion & Direct-To-Chip Cooling Adoption
Data Center Construction Market – Geography
The US is one of the largest markets in North America due to the presence of high investments from colocation providers, hyperscale operators, enterprises, and government agencies. The US is the most mature market in terms of data center development and operations. Major contributions to the growth are colocation and cloud service providers. The growing popularity of the Internet of Things (IoT) is a major driver for the growth of the US data center market. The increasing usage of cloud computing services and applications continues to grow rapidly in the US, thereby leading to the development of mega hyperscale cloud-based facilities.
Market Segmentation by Geography
- Western Europe
- Other Western European Countries
- Central and Eastern Europe
- Russia & Czech Republic
- Poland & Austria
- Other Central & Eastern Countries
- China and Hong Kong
- Australia and New Zealand
- Rest of APAC
- Southeast Asia
- Other Southeastern Countries
- North America
- Latin America
- Other Latin American Countries
- Middle East
- Other Middle Eastern Countries
- South Africa
- Other African Countries
- Finland & Iceland
Prominent Data Center Support Infrastructure Providers
- Schneider Electric
Prominent Data Center Contractors
- DPR Construction
- Holder Construction
- Jacobs Engineering
- Mercury Engineering
- M+W Group
Prominent Data Center Investors
- AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- Digital Realty
- GDS Holdings
- NTT Communications
Other Prominent Support Infrastructure Providers – Airedale Air Conditioning, Alfa Laval, Altima Technologies (NetZoom), Asetek, Bosch Security Systems (Robert Bosch), Condair Group, Delta Group, Euro-Diesel (KINOLT), Green Revolution Cooling (GRC), Hitech Power Protection, Huawei, KOHLER (SDMO), Legrand, Nlyte Software, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, MTU On Site Energy (Rolls-Royce Power Systems AG), Socomec, Trane (INGERSOLL RAND), and ZincFive
Other Prominent Construction Contractors – Arup Group, Cap Ingelec, Corgan, CSF Group, Faithful+Gould, Fluor Corporation, Fortis Construction, Gensler, Gilbane Building, HDR Architecture, ISG, Jones Engineering, Kirby Group Engineering, KKR Investment Group (Aceco TI S.A.), Larsen & Turbo (L&T), Linesight, Mace Group, Morrison Hershfield, Mortenson Construction, Red-Engineering, Structure Tone, Syska Hennessy Group, and Winthrop
Other Prominent Data Center Investors – Cologix (Colo-D), Colt Data Centre Services (COLT DCS), Compass Data Centers (Root Data Center), COPT Data Center Solutions (COPT DCS), CoreSite Realty, Global Switch, Keppel DC, Quality Technology Services (QTS Realty Trust), ST Telemedia Global Data Centres (STT GDC), and Vantage Data Center
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States