The Global Cryotherapy Market was valued at US$ 2,414.2 million in 2015 and is projected to expand at a CAGR of 8.5 % during the forecast period (2016–2024), as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights. Increasing incidence of cancer and growing inclination of the populace towards maintaining beauty and wellness is expected to support growth of the global cryotherapy market over the forecast period.
Increasing number of sports injuries is consequently leading to higher adoption of cryotherapy to aid faster recovery and decrease muscle pain. Thus, use of cryo chambers is increasing exponentially in developed regions such as the U.S., U.K., Australia, and Germany. For instance, the management of Wales rugby team decided to provide cryotherapy to the team in a six day turnover period between its games with Italy and England (February 2017). The team required a faster recovery considering the spree of matches ahead, for which the Welsh Rugby Union flew its team from Rome to Wales. However, high capital investment and dearth of trained professionals to handle the cryotherapy equipment inhibits growth of the cryotherapy market in emerging economies in Asia Pacific and Africa.
To know the latest trends and insights prevalent in the cryotherapy market, click the link below:
A fast emerging application area of cryotherapy is in treatment of localized cancer. Though these claims are yet to be substantiated, increasing incidence of cancer and the quest to find a less painful treatment option for the same is expected to create a highly conducive environment for growth of the cryotherapy market. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 14 million new cancer cases were diagnosed worldwide in 2012. The organization estimates that the incidence will increase by 70% over the following two decades. Moreover, according to WHO, cancer is the second leading cause of death worldwide. Increase in awareness about cryotherapy is expected to fuel the global cryotherapy market growth.
Request for Sample Report for more Professional and Technical Insights,
Cryotherapy involves application of extremely cold air, as cool as -264 degree Fahrenheit, to heal injuries in athletes. Moreover, cryotherapy is a very effective solution in alleviating pain. Localized cryotherapy is widely used to treat tumor cells located in any part of the body. Prostate cancer is one of the prominent condition being treated by cryotherapy in developed regions such as the North America, and Europe. Furthermore, popularity of cryotherapy in these regions, along with in Australia, Japan and New Zealand is leading to establishment of cryotherapy centers across these developed economies.
According to a study published in January 2017 in the International Journal of Dermatology, patients with wart lesions responded more effectively with immunotherapy compared to cryotherapy. Thus, even for the treatment of cancer, abnormal skin and alleviating pain need more evidences to use of cryotherapy as a treatment option. Moreover, the FDA has not approved the use of whole body cryotherapy products in any of the medical conditions yet. The global cryotherapy market growth is therefore hindered due to lack of evidences.
Request for Report Customization,
Death of a 24 year old woman in October 2015 at an unlicensed spa due to freezing cold in a cryotherapy chamber raised concerns over the safety of whole-body cryotherapy. The state of Nevada’s health department therefore, issued guidelines for use of whole-body cryotherapy. The National Institutes of Health (NIH) is conducting extensive research on the use of cryo chambers in early recovery from sports injuries. Successful trials are expected to argue well for regulatory approval of cryotherapy for treating various conditions. Thus, while the prevailing conditions are not ideal for market growth, the cryotherapy market is expected to gain rapid traction on receiving regulatory approval for the same.
Key takeaways of the market:
- The global cryotherapy market is characterized by strategic research and development to establish evidence in the safe and effective use of cryotherapy in various disease conditions
- The global cryotherapy market is expected to expand at a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period (2016–2024). Rising prevalence of caner and increasing demand for improving aesthetic appeal and wellness across the globe is expected to favor the market growth for cryotherapy over the forecast period.
- The oncology application segment in the global cryotherapy market was estimated to be the largest in 2015 and is expected to retain its dominance in the market throughout the forecast period in terms of value.
- In terms of product type, the cryogun product type segment is expected to expand at a significant CAGR of 9.0% during the forecast period, owing to
- Some of the major players present in the global cryotherapy market include CryoConcepts LP, Wallach Surgical Devices, CooperSurgical, Inc., Cryoalfa, Medtronic PLC, US Cryotherapy, Metrum Cryoflex, Brymill Cryogenic Systems, Galil Medical, Inc., Special Medical Technology Co., Ltd., Zimmer MedizinSystems and Mectronic Medicale s.r.l.
About Coherent Market Insights:
Coherent Market Insights is a prominent market research and consulting firm offering action-ready syndicated research reports, custom market analysis, consulting services, and competitive analysis through various recommendations related to emerging market trends, technologies, and potential absolute dollar opportunity.
Company Name: Coherent Market Insights
Contact Person: Mr. Shah
Address:1001 4th Ave #3200
Country: United States