The global cruciate ligament repair procedures market size is expected to reach USD 15.8 billion by 2025, according to a study by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is projected to advance at a lucrative CAGR of 9.3% over the forecast period. An upsurge in the number of sports-related injuries among athletes, coupled with the increasing demand for minimally invasive procedures for correction of knee ligaments, are some of the major factors driving the market. Growing participation in sports activities, coupled with a rising number of events has led to an increase in the incidence of injuries among athletes, which has induced demand for ACL correction surgeries. Lower healing capacity of ACLs due to intra-articular conditions is another major factor driving the growth of the segment. Regions such as North America and Europe have witnessed high industry growth, owing to the occurrence of a large number of sporting activities around the year.
North America witnessed about 453,843 CL surgeries performed in 2018, and is expected to grow at a lucrative pace over the forecast period. The growing incidences of ACL injuries across the globe has fueled the demand for cruciate ligament correction surgeries. As per an annual report by Aperion Biologics, around 2.6 million ACL injuries are reported every year globally, out of which around 800,000 ACL repair surgeries are performed per year. PCL injuries are relatively uncommon with regards to knee injuries, with the Sports Science Orthopaedic Clinic stating that the number of diagnosed PCL injuries is nearly 1/10th of the number of diagnosed ACL injuries in the U.S. Another factor driving the growth of the cruciate ligament repair procedures market is the growing geriatric population across the globe, with regions such as Asia Pacific being home to a large portion of this demographic. The frequent instances of musculoskeletal disorders faced by the elderly has provided another growth avenue to the industry globally.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cruciate-ligament-repair-procedures-market
Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market Report Highlights
• Cruciate ligaments are a pair of knee ligaments that cross each other and connect the femur to the tibia; any damage to this area greatly hinders the flexibility and mobility, thus highlighting the importance of a quick and efficient repair procedure
• The increasing number of sports activities globally has led to a rise in the incidence of sports-related injuries among athletes, which has positively affected the market for cruciate ligament repair procedures. GVR estimates suggest that close to 2.5 million knee reconstruction surgeries were performed in 2018
• The ACL repair segment held the largest share in the cruciate ligament repair procedures market in 2018, as it is the most common form of injury among athletes, especially in high intensity sporting events such as soccer and baseball
• North America accounted for the largest share in the global cruciate ligament repair procedures market in 2018, owing to the presence of well-established infrastructure and advanced healthcare services at affordable prices
• The early months of the COVID-19 pandemic impacted various surgical procedures, owing to the shifted focus towards treating COVID-positive patients, which negatively affected the cruciate ligament repair procedures market; however, resumption of wider healthcare operations in the latter months of 2020, coupled with a restart of various sporting events, led to healthy growth of the market over this period
• In December 2020, the U.S. FDA granted marketing authorization to the Bridge-Enhanced ACL Repair (BEAR) Implant, under the De Novo premarket review pathway. The BEAR Implant has been indicated for patients at least 14 years of age, showing a complete rupture of the ACL
Get Sample Copy Of This Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/cruciate-ligament-repair-procedures-market/request/rs1
Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global cruciate ligament repair procedures market based on procedure type and region:
Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Type Outlook (Number of Procedures; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) Repair
• Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Repair
Cruciate Ligament Repair Procedures Regional Outlook (Number of Procedures; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
• North America
• The U.S.
• The U.K.
• Asia Pacific
Speak to Analyst @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6657/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company based in India and the US, and headquartered in San Francisco. The organization offers syndicated and customized research reports in 46 industries across 25 major global economies.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States