- As of July 2020, smartphone connectivity features like Android Auto, Apple car play and Baidu car Life are offered at-least as standard or on top trim on 81% of vehicles sold globally
- In Europe, where 426 vehicle models are on sale, 7 inch touchscreens are standard on vehicles priced between 12,000-15,000 Euros. 8 inch touchscreens are standard on 5 out of top 10 best-selling vehicles
- In US, 7 inch touchscreens are standard on 4 out of 30 top-selling vehicles whereas 8 inch and bigger screens are standard on 18 top 30 vehicles. Voice activated navigation is the #1 trend in the US automotive touchscreen infotainment market
- In Japan, Car manufacturers have given less preference to connected services and Infotainment system and more weightage to ADAS.Features like Pre car safety (Collision avoidance support type with pedestrian detection function/ Millimeter wave radar + monocular camera system), Lane departure alert, Automatic high beam and ACC are standard on many vehicles but touchscreen infotainment is a paid optional
- Globally, OEMs need to step away from dull ‘black square and flat’ automotive displays which are very common in today’s car interiors. To deliver digital content to the user, screen size is a very important factor. In simple words, there is no substitute for square inches
- OEMs typically get same system installed in multiple models to decrease sourcing costs and charge a Premium when customer selects it as optional extra during online configuration
- For suppliers,Margins are comparatively lower in lower segment due to lower embedded content but suppliers have higher operating leverage due to high volumes in that segment. C& D or Mid-segment vehicles are the sweet spot for all vendors
- In the mid, B-C segment cars, a 7-8-inch capacitive touch- screen, with smartphone connectivity is standard with optional on-board connectivity and navigation.
- With the blistering growth of EV market, touchscreen infotainment market got a major boost as it is a must to find nearest charging station, vehicle range status, drive mode and other important vehicle parameters.
- In China, many domestic vendors have developed their own operating system to be deployed across all vehicles in the portfolio.
- In Europe, Volkswagen has equipped its cars with e-Sim on higher trim cars like Golf, Polo, Tiguan, T-roc and Passat.
- ARCFOX( BAIC`s upcoming EV brand to be launched in May 2020) has new generation 5G chip from Huawei which is Industry’s first 5G-V2X hardware module.
- In the premium segment, 10-12-inch screens can be commonly found with voice recognition,HD display, AI assistant, augmented-reality navigation,20+ remote controlled features (enabled via e-sim).
- Volkswagen will have one uniform software platform(consisting of vehicle operating system “vw.os” and the Volkswagen Automotive Cloud) for all vehicles throughout the Group.
COMPANY PROFILES (Complete System providers)
- Continental AG
- Denso Corporation
- Bosch Group
- Harman International Industries
- Visteon Corporation
- Aptiv Plc
- Panasonic Corporation
COMPANY PROFILES (Technology Providers)
- Microsoft Corporation
- Alphabet Inc.
- Baidu Inc.
- Intel Corporation
- Tencent Holdings
- Huawei Technologies Co, Ltd
- Alibaba Group
- Tata Elexsi Ltd
COMPANY PROFILES (Chip/ Graphic Processor and storage Providers)
- NVIDIA Corporation
- Qualcomm Technologies, Inc
- NXP Semiconductors N.V.
- Tuxera, Inc.
- SanDisk Automotive
COMPANY PROFILES (Touchscreen display Providers)
- Cathode Electronics
- Synaptics Incorporated
- Atmel Corporation
THIS GLOBAL AUTOMOTIVE INFOTAINMENT SYSTEM MARKET WILL ANSWER FOLLOWING QUESTIONS
- Automotive Infotainment System Market size and Forecast, by region, by application
- Average B-2-B price for Automotive Infotainment System Market, by region, per user
- Technology trends and related opportunity for new Automotive Infotainment System Market tech suppliers
- Market share of leading vendors, by region,
- Coronavirus impact on Automotive Infotainment System Market earnings
Company Name: Mobility Foresights
Contact Person: Kunal Roy
Email: Send Email
Address:P3 & P4, HAL 3rd Stage 204,56/2