The increasing prevalence of various diseases leading to diagnostic tests, rising approvals to contrast agents by different healthcare setups and presence of various key players in the market is expected to drive the market widely.
Market Size – USD 4.93 Billion in 2019, Market Growth – CAGR of 3.6%, Market Trends– A huge ongoing research in the contrast media is leading to various new innovative products in the market.
The Contrast Media market was valued at USD 4.93 billion in 2019 and is expected to reach USD 6.56 billion by the year 2027, at a CAGR of 3.6%. Contrast agent or contrast media allows to increase the contrast of structures or fluids within the body while conducting a medical imaging process through absorbing or altering external electromagnetism or ultrasound, which is different from radiopharmaceuticals, which emit radiation themselves. The rising prevalence of various chronic diseases, including cancer and cardiovascular diseases, is expected to drive the market widely. According to the estimates given by the World Health Organization (WHO), chronic diseases will account for three-quarters of global deaths and that 71% to 75% of deaths will be caused by heart diseases by 2020. Such conditions require various diagnostic imaging tests that guide the physicians to decide about the requirements of surgical interventions. Different diagnostic imaging methods, including ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), computed tomography (CT), etc. can be used to determine and diagnose diseases. Additionally, rising research activities on contrast agents & their applications, and increasing volume of CT and MRI are the key areas of opportunity in this market. The market is expected to witness the surge in demand due to the increased product launches. For instance, in November 2019, GE Healthcare received a USFDA approval for their contrast agent Clariscan, used for Macrocyclic MRI. The injection is used intravenously and is used for MRI in brain, spine and associated tissues. Also, in 2017, GE Healthcare (US) launched a new Macrocyclic MRI contrast agent, Clariscan, in Europe. The role of these products in tests such as MRI which further helps identifying the need for treatment/ surgeries in interventional procedures and perioperative scans before surgeries will contribute significantly to the market growth.
Request free sample of this research report at : https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2774
The ongoing research in the field of contrast media is expected to drive the market extensively. Research and development have led to innovations that seek approvals from reputed institutions for use. Such rising approvals from government institutions are also expected to contribute to the market. North America segment is expected to hold the largest market share owing to the presence of major key players in the region. Improved healthcare infrastructure is further expected to support market growth during the forecast period. Asia Pacific region is expected to be the fastest-growing segment in the market.
Key findings in the report:
- The gadolium-based segment is expected to grow with a CAGR of 3.4% during the forecast period owing its effective results.
- Many innovative products are being approved by government institutions and clinical trials have been carried out. For instance, in February 2020, Lantheus Holdings Inc., a parent company of Lantheus Medical Imaging Inc., announced results of their product BENEFIT 1, which was used to check contrast-enhanced and unenhanced echocardiography compared to non-contrast cardiac magnetic resonance imaging (“CMRI”) of their product DEFINITY. Such trials is expected to contribute to the industry growth positively during the forecast period.
- Cardiovascular Disorders continues to be chief revenue generating segment of Contrast media industry, owing it to significant target population across the globe.
- The North America regional segment held the largest share in the Contrast Media industry of 34.4% in the year 2019. The industry is dominated in this region due to presence of major key players in the region, favorable reimbursement scenario and technological advancements in the region.
- There is a surge in the use of diagnostic imaging modalities, such as MRI, CT, and ultrasound in the developed regions such as Europe, which is expected to boost the demand for contrast media in the near future.
- Key participants in the market include Bayer AG, General Electric Company, Guerbet, Lantheus Medical Imaging, Inc., Bracco Diagnostic, Inc., Trivitron Healthcare, Nano Therapeutics Pvt. Ltd., and iMAX.
Contrast Media Market Size, Share, Growth & Analysis, By Product, By Modality, By Application By End Use And By Region Forecasts To 2027, To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/contrast-media-market
For the purpose of this report, Reports and Data has segmented the Contrast Media market on the basis of product, modality, application and region:
By Product Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2017–2027)
- High osmolality contrast media
- Low osmolality contrast media
By Modality Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2017–2027)
By Application Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2017–2027)
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Neurological Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Nephrological Disorders
- Musculoskeletal Disorders
Regional Outlook (Revenue in USD Billion; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Table Of Content
Chapter 1. Market Synopsis
1.1. Market Definition
1.2. Research Scope & Premise
1.4. Market Estimation Technique
Chapter 2. Executive Summary
2.1. Summary Snapshot, 2017-2027
Chapter 3. Indicative Metrics
3.1. Macro-Economic Indicators
3.1.1. Increasing incidence of cancer and cardiovascular diseases
Chapter 4. COVID 19 impact assessment
4.1. Contrast media Industry Outlook
4.1.1. Q1 2020
4.1.2. Q2 2020
4.1.3. Q3 2020
4.2. Rising Demand for Contrast Media market due to COVID-19 pandemic
4.3. Supply chain stabilization
4.3.1. Supply scenario
4.3.2. Demand scenario
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Company Name: Reports and Data
Contact Person: John Watson
Email: Send Email
Address:40 Wall St. 28th floor
City: New York City
State: NY 10005
Country: United States