Increasing demand for cold plasma in the plastic industry is one of the significant factors influencing the market growth.
The global cold plasma market is expected to be valued at USD 4,517.8 million by 2027 from USD 1,441.4 million in 2019, registering a CAGR of 15.3% through the forecast period, according to the latest report by Emergen Research.
Due to the rising demand from the plastic industry, the cold plasma market has shown a high growth rate. In order to achieve optimal mechanical properties and improve the toughness of plastic parts, the successful application of plastics and polymers requires strong surface adhesion. In modifying the surface morphology, improving surface wettability features, and improving the bonded shear strength of plastic, the cold plasma process is highly advantageous. In polymer and plastic industrial applications that need uniform, pore-free thin films with excellent physical, electrical, mechanical, and chemical characteristics, the cold plasma technology is widely used.
Get A Sample Report At: https://www.emergenresearch.com/request-sample/446
Cold plasma treatment does not require the use of any toxic chemicals on textile fibre surfaces, thus greatly minimising emissions caused by residual chemicals and water contamination. In addition, the use of cold plasma technology does not contribute to mechanical hazards in the treatment of textile fabrics. Cold plasma is advantageous for altering the surface characteristics of the substrate (including micro-roughness) and creating chemically active functional groups without affecting the substrate’s bulk properties. The treatment of cold plasma requires less energy than traditional methods.
Key Highlights of Report
- Relyon Plasma made an announcement in April 2020 about the launch of piezobrush PZ3, an advanced handheld plasma treatment system with Relyon’s patented PDD technology.
- It is projected that the low-pressure cold plasma sub-segment will grow over 2020-2027 at the most rapid pace. The low-pressure cold plasma (vacuum plasma) technology is used in the semiconductor industry for lead frame cleaning before die attachment and de-smearing for PCB (printed circuit board). In addition, low pressure cold plasma is deployed in the food & beverage and medical industries for decontamination purposes and in the textile and polymer industries for the alteration of unique surface properties.
- During the forecast period, the coating application sub-segment is likely to grow at a significant rate. Cold plasma coating emphasises the coating of thermally sensitive objects by using a cold controlled plasma jet that provides a high deposition rate and maximum automation degree, enabling mass production of coating products.
- In the Asia Pacific region, the cold plasma market is projected to grow at the fastest pace from 2020 to 2027, owing to the increasing growth of infrastructure and economic activities in several developing countries, including India, China, and Indonesia. In addition, the Asia Pacific market is propelled by the growth of sectors such as electronics & semiconductors, plastics, textiles, and food & beverage, along with an increase in the level of disposable income in various countries.
- Key market participants include Plasmatreat GmbH, Europlasma NV, Nordson Corporation, Apyx Medical Corporation, P2i Limited, Enercon Industries Corporation, Adtec Plasma Technology Co. Ltd., Relyon Plasma GmbH, neoplas GmbH, and Henniker Plasma
To get leading market solutions, visit the link below:
Emergen Research has segmented the global cold plasma market in terms of pressure, application, industry vertical, and region:
- Pressure Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Low Pressure Cold Plasma
- Atmospheric Cold Plasma
- Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Wound Healing
- Surface Treatment
- Wastewater Treatment
- Blood Coagulation
- Industry Vertical Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- Polymer & Plastic
- Food & Beverage
- Electronics & Semiconductor
- Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2017–2027)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
Thank you for reading our report. For further details or to inquire about customization, please get in touch with us. We assure you that your report will be designed as per your requirements.
Company Name: Emergen Research
Contact Person: Eric Lee
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 (604) 757-9756
Address:14671 110 Avenue Surrey, British Columbia, V3R2A9
State: British Columbia