The Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Insights report from DelveInsight provides a thorough understanding of the Cold Agglutinin Disease Market size by treatment, epidemiology, emerging therapies, Cold Agglutinin Disease market share of the various therapies, and the current and forecasted Cold Agglutinin Disease Market size from 2019 to 2032 divided into the 7MM (the USA, EU5 (Germany, France, Italy, Spain, and the UK), and Japan) regions.
Key takeaways from the Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Report
- In the year 2021, the total prevalent cases of Cold Agglutinin Disease was 12,815 cases in the 7MM which are expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
- As per a study by Barcellini et al. (2014), the females accounted for 64% of cases and males for 36% of cases. The study highlights that CAD is more prevalent in females than males and the age-wise break up of patients.
- As per the study of Berentsen et al. (2020), the past two decades have seen great progress in the basic understanding of CAD. Treatment is not always indicated, but historically, 70-80% of patients have received therapy.
- According to DelveInsight’s analysis, CAD frequency is usually more in females than in males.
- As per the DelveInsight estimates, in the 7MM, the total number of prevalent cases of CAD was 12,815 cases in the year 2021 which is expected to grow during the study period, i.e., 2019–2032.
Know which therapies are expected to grab major Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Share @ Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Size
Cold Agglutinin Disease Overview
Cold agglutinin disease (CAD) is an uncommon autoimmune hemolytic anemia in which a well-defined, clonal low-grade lymphoproliferative disorder of the bone marrow results in erythrocyte destruction mediated by the classical complement pathway. It is mediated by cold agglutinins (CA), without any underlying disease such as aggressive lymphoma, other overt malignancies, or specific infections. CA are able to agglutinate red blood cells (RBC) at an optimum temperature of 3–4°C, but are also active at higher temperatures, depending on the thermal amplitude. Symptoms get worse in cold weather.
Cold Agglutinin Disease Epidemiology
The disease epidemiology covered in the report provides historical as well as forecasted Cold Agglutinin Disease epidemiology scenario in the 7MM covering the United States, EU5 countries (Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and the United Kingdom), and Japan from 2019 to 2032.
Cold Agglutinin Disease Epidemiology Segmentation in the 7MM
- Total Cold Agglutinin Disease Prevalent Cases
- Total Cold Agglutinin Disease Diagnosed Cases
- Total Cold Agglutinin Disease Gender-specific Cases
- Total Cold Agglutinin Disease Type-specific Cases
- Total Cold Agglutinin Disease Treated Cases
For further information on this report to understand which factors are driving Cold Agglutinin Disease epidemiology trends @ Cold Agglutinin Disease Epidemiological Insights
Cold Agglutinin Disease Treatment Market
The cold agglutinin disease treatment depends on the severity of the clinical symptoms, as determined by the characteristics of the antibody, and the presence of associated diseases. The current therapeutic market of CAD is dominated by non-pharmacological (cold avoidance) and pharmacological management. Corticosteroids, Alkylating agents, Purine nucleoside analogs and majorly Biologics, such as Rituximab monotherapy or combination therapy (Fludarabine and Rituximab, Bendamustine and Rituximab) and others are the major therapeutic line of treatment for CAD, no clinical approved symptomatic treatment.
Cold Agglutinin Disease Therapeutics Market
The Cold Agglutinin Disease Therapeutics market is dominated by non-pharmacological (cold avoidance) and pharmacological management. Corticosteroids, Alkylating agents, Purine nucleoside analogs and majorly Biologics, such as Rituximab monotherapy or combination therapy (Fludarabine and Rituximab, Bendamustine and Rituximab) and others are the major therapeutic line of treatment for CAD, no clinical approved symptomatic treatment. Avoidance of cold exposure, particularly to the head, face, and extremities, is important to decrease hemolysis and circulatory symptoms. Other measures have to be taken in certain circumstances, such as pre-warming of infusions (e.g. intravenous fluids) in hospitalized patients. If symptoms are mild or if destruction of red blood cells seems to be slowing of its own accord, usually no treatment is needed. If the rate at which red blood cells are being destroyed appears to be increasing, medication might be needed.
Cold Agglutinin Disease Companies and Therapies
- Sanofi/Bioverativ: BIVV020 (SAR445088)
- Sobi/Apellis Pharmaceuticals: INCB050465 (parsaclisib)
- Novartis: LNP023 (iptacopan)
- Incyte Corporation: Aspaveli/Empaveli (pegcetacoplan; APL-2)
- Bioverativ/Sanofi: BIVV009 (sutimlimab)
Learn more about the Cold Agglutinin Disease therapies in clinical trials @ Cold Agglutinin Disease Treatment Market
Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Drivers
- Less competitive scenario
- Novel mechanism of action
- Perks related to rare diseases
Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Barriers
- Lack of robust developmental pipeline
- Limitations related to complement inhibitors
- Limitations of B-cell directed therapies
Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Dynamics
The Cold Agglutinin Disease market dynamics is anticipated to change during the forecast period, owing to the expected launch of Complement pathway inhibitors. Cold agglutinin disease is a very uncommon disorder and therefore the emerging landscape of this condition is not very robosut. Key players, such as Sanofi, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Novartis Pharmaceutical, and Incyte Corporation are involved in the development of therapies for the treatment of CAD patients. The projected introduction of these drugs might get an advantage in market space due in course.
Discover more about Cold Agglutinin Disease Medications in development @ Cold Agglutinin Disease Clinical Trials
Scope of the Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Report
- Coverage- 7MM
- Study Period- 2019-2032
- Forecast Period- 2022-2032
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Companies- Sanofi/Bioverativ, Apellis Pharmaceuticals, Novartis, Incyte Pharmaceuticals, Sanofi, and many others
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Therapies- BIVV020, INCB050465, LNP023, Empaveli, BIVV009, and many others
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Dynamics- Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Drivers and Barriers
Table of content
- Key Insights
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Executive Summary
- Competitive Intelligence Analysis
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Overview at a Glance
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Background and Overview
- Patient Journey
- Epidemiology and Patient Population
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Treatment Algorithm, Current Treatment, and Medical Practices
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Unmet Needs
- Key Endpoints of Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Treatment
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Marketed Products
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Emerging Therapies
- Seven Major Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Analysis
- Attribute analysis
- 7MM: Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Outlook
- Access and Reimbursement Overview
- KOL Views
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Drivers
- Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Barriers
- DelveInsight Capabilities
- About DelveInsight
Discover more about Cold Agglutinin Disease Medications in development @ Cold Agglutinin Disease Market Forecast
DelveInsight is a Business Consulting and Market research company, providing expert business solutions for the healthcare domain and offering quintessential advisory services in the areas of R&D, Strategy Formulation, Operations, Competitive Intelligence, Competitive Landscaping, and Mergers & Acquisitions.
Company Name: DelveInsight Business Research LLP
Contact Person: Yash Bhardwaj
Email: Send Email
Address:304 S. Jones Blvd #2432
City: Las Vegas
Country: United States