The global clinical nutrition market by revenue is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 8% during the period 2019–2025.
The market is driven by the growing geriatric population, increasing incidence of malnutrition among hospitalized patients, and growing prevalence of communicable and non-communicable chronic diseases such as, diabetes and obesity are some of the major factors contributing to the growth of clinical nutrition market. Further, growing number of premature births and rising demand specialized infant formula is also driving the market growth.
Arizton’s latest market research report considers the present scenario of the clinical nutrition market and its market dynamics for the period 2019−2025. It covers a detailed overview of several market growth enablers, restraints, and trends. The report offers both the demand and supply aspect of the market. It profiles and examines leading companies and other prominent ones operating in the market.
Clinical Nutrition Market – Dynamics
Here are list of trends and drivers that are impacting the revenues and profitability in the clinical nutrition market:
- Increasing Use of Whey Protein in Clinical Nutrition
- Growing Popularity of Home-based Healthcare
- Growing Demand for Parenteral Nutrition
- Increased Demand in Developing Countries
- High Incidence of Malnutrition Among Hospitalized Patients
- Higher Nutritional Requirement Among Geriatric Population
- Rising Incidence of Chronic and Metabolic Disorders
- Enteral Nutrition is Driving the Market
Clinical Nutrition Market – Segmentation
This research report includes a detailed segmentation by route of administration, age group, application, end-users, distribution, and geography.
- The growing demand for multichambered premixed parenteral nutritional supplements is a major factor contributing to the growth of the parenteral segment. The parenteral nutritional products are more popular in Chinese and Indian market. The parenteral segment is expected to grow at a CAGR of over 9% during the forecast period.
- The increasing number of preterm births and the high prevalence of malnutrition among children are primarily driving baby clinical nutrition market growth. Although the number of childbirths is declining globally, the growing awareness of the importance of pediatric nutrition is expected to increase the demand during the forecast period.
- The large prevalence of malnutrition among hospitalized patients is particularly driving the market. This segment contributed about 39% of the clinical nutrition market revenue in 2019. Clinical nutrition is considered the most efficient way to treat malnutrition. The APAC region accounts for the largest market for malnutrition clinical nutrition supplements.
Market by Route of Administration
- Oral or Enteral
- Metabolic Disorders
- Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Institutional Sales
- Supermarkets & Hypermarkets
- Specialty Stores
- Online Channels
Clinical Nutrition Market – Geography
APAC accounts for the largest market share of the global clinical nutrition market. It is expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period. The large prevalence of metabolic disorders such as diabetes is boosting the demand for nutritional supplement products. China has the largest number of people who have diabetes globally, with around 116 million people in 2019. The proportion of cancer deaths in Asia is about 57.3% higher than the cancer incidence rate. Thus, with such a prevalence of chronic diseases, the demand for clinical nutrition products is expected to grow.
- North America
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Abbott Laboratories
- Nestle Health Science
- Baxter International Inc.
Other Prominent Vendors
- Mead Johnson
- Fresenius Kabi
- Perrigo Nutrition
- ICU Medical Inc.
- Otsuka Holding Co. Ltd.
- Meiji Holding Co. Ltd.
- Lonza Ltd.
- Ajinomoto Cambrooke
- Stepan Mead Johnson
- BASF SE
Looking for more information? Click Here
About Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Arizton Advisory and Intelligence is an innovation and quality-driven firm, which offers cutting-edge research solutions to clients across the world. We excel in providing comprehensive market intelligence reports and advisory and consulting services.
Arizton has gained a paramount standpoint in the market research arena as it offers top of the line solutions to clients to assess market landscape and to finalize fool proof business strategies. We are committed to provide inclusive market research reports and consulting services to clients from diversified industries including –Consumer Goods & Retail Technology, Automotive and Mobility, Smart Tech, Healthcare and Lifesciences, Industrial Machinery, Chemicals and Materials, IT and Media, Logistics and Packaging
Arizton comprises a team of exuberant and well-experienced analysts who have mastered in generating incisive reports. Our specialist analysts possess exemplary skills in market research. We train our team in advanced research practices, techniques, and ethics to outperform in fabricating impregnable research reports.
Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Chicago, Illinois, 60605
Call: +1-312-235-2040/+1 302 469 0707
Company Name: Arizton Advisory & Intelligence
Contact Person: Jessica
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 3122332770
Country: United States