Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market Overview
The cell and gene therapy manufacturing market was estimated to be USD 6,659.93 million in 2020 and is poised to grow at a CAGR of 28.32% by 2026 to reach USD 11,739.75 million. The factors driving the market growth include technological advancements, rising investments in R&D, and the growing prevalence of target diseases. Diseases such as cystic fibrosis, cancer, heart diseases, diabetes, AIDS, and hemophilia can be cured by gene therapy treatment. Gene therapy is usually used to correct the defective gene to cure a specific disease or helps the body better fight against the diseases.
Impact of COVID-19 in Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a positive effect on the gene therapy market. Gene and cell therapy technology is expected to be used extensively in the development of vaccines used to treat COVID-19. For instance, in January 2021, vaccine candidates developed by Mass General Brigham and made by utilizing gene-therapy technology elicited strong immune responses in animal models for the treatment of COVID-19. The vaccine candidate was named AAVCOVID, and the researchers received a USD 2.1 million grant to further develop the technology from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Check our other latest reports on –
- Gene Expression Analysis Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Gene Synthesis Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market – Geographical Overview
North America accounted for the largest share in the gene therapy market
For gene therapy, in the United States, the DHHS (Department of Health and Human Services) has been appointed to oversee clinical trials. Two other separate organizations within DHHS, the U.S. FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and the OHRP (Office for Human Research Protections) have authority that is described in the CFR (Code of Federal Regulations). Gene therapy technologies are being given increasing approval by the aforementioned organizations, which is expected to drive market growth.
Key Highlights of the Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market
- The global gene therapy market is highly competitive and consists of a few major players. The major players have various strategic alliances such as collaborations, acquisitions along with the launch of advanced products to secure the position in the global market.
- Companies such as Pfizer Inc., are aiming to build a gene therapy platform with a strategy focused on establishing a transformational portfolio through in-house capabilities and enhancing those capabilities through strategic collaborations, expansion of R&D activities, as well as potential licensing and M&A activities.
- The ever-rising prevalence of cancer all across the globe is a major factor driving the growth of the market. In the treatment of cancer, anti-angiogenic gene therapy, pro-drug activating suicide gene therapy, gene therapy-based immune modulation, RNAi strategies, and others are the various gene therapy strategies currently employed.
List of Key Players in the Cell and Gene Therapy Manufacturing Market
- Amgen Inc.
- Biogen Inc.
- Bluebird Bio Inc.
- Gilead Sciences, Inc. (Kite Pharma)
- Novartis AG
- Orchard Therapeutics
- Sibiono GeneTech Co. Ltd.
- Spark Therapeutics (Roche)
- UniQure N.V.
- Abeona Therapeutics
- Generation Bio
- Poseida Therapeutics
- Astellas Pharma
- Voyager Therapeutics
- Elevate Bio
- Editas Medicine
*List Not Exhaustive
Related Reports & Links
- Cell Therapy Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, And Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
- Cell Harvesting Market – Growth, Trends, COVID-19 Impact, and Forecasts (2021 – 2026)
Mordor Intelligence has segmented the global cell and gene therapy manufacturing market on the basis of Indication, Technology, and Geography:
- Indication Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Metabolic Disorders
- Eye Disorders
- Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Other Indications
- Technology Type (Market Size & Forecast (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- Adeno Virus Vector
- Adeno-associated Virus Vector
- Lentiviral Vector
- Retroviral Vector
- Herpes Virus Vector
- Geography (Market Size & Forecast by Indication and Technology Type (2018-2026) in USD billion)
- North America
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
About Mordor Intelligence
Mordor Intelligence is a market intelligence and advisory firm. Our mission is to map complex business ecosystems across the globe to better predict butterfly effects. To date, we have partnered with 4000+ enterprises across 20 industries, to deliver precise data and actionable insights in over 6000 projects. Our domain-specific teams of research experts continuously track markets, enabling our clients to gain a competitive edge through high-quality market intelligence.
We offer fully tailored intelligence solutions to meet the unique business requirements of any organization. Our deep industry expertise coupled with cross-functional analyst teams ensures we can support the intelligence requirements of even the most specific of business problems.
Company Name: Mordor Intelligence Private Limited
Contact Person: Bhargav P
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 617-765-2493
Address:5th Floor, Rajapushpa Summit, Nanakramguda Rd, Financial District, Gachibowli
State: Telangana 500008