The global carbon fiber reinforced plastic market size is expected to reach USD 27.98 billion by 2024, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing composites demand in the automotive industry is expected to remain a key driving factor for global CFRP market. Aerospace & defense application segment contributed significantly to shape the overall revenue owing to the high cost of aerospace grade CFRP. Research and development in the aviation industry for manufacturing components capable of withstanding high environmental stresses is anticipated to fuel CFRP market growth over the next eight years.
Extensive R&D activities particularly in Japan and Europe have led to the emergence of numerous market players, which in turn is expected to drive the regional market demand. Escalating CFRP demand in sports applications, specifically in the Asia Pacific region, is anticipated to impel CFRP consumption.
Although CFRP offers excellent benefits due to its superior strength and lesser weight, its expensive nature has restricted its use to certain high performance applications only. Although CFRP offers considerable advantages, high cost associated with the same poses a challenge for the market across various other application segments.
Polyacrylonitrile (PAN) precursor is expected to gain some of the market shares over the forecast period and is projected to account for around 97% of the total demand in 2024. PAN has gained popularity on account of its superior properties over pitch precursor. Lower cost of PAN as compared to pitch-based CFRP is also anticipated to foster the industry growth.
Advantages offered by thermoplastic carbon fiber plastic over thermosetting composites such as short processing time, high impact resistance, easy storage, and recyclability are expected to fuel thermoplastic CFRP demand.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-fiber-market
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market Report Highlights
• Global carbon fiber reinforced plastic market demand was 92.9 kilo tons in 2015 and is expected to reach 269.5 kilo tons by 2024, growing at a CAGR of 12.5% from 2016 to 2024
• The low cost and high strength to weight ratio of PAN-based carbon composites are expected to drive polyacrylonitrile demand for CFRP production over the forecast period
• Automotive is expected to be the fastest growing segment of carbon fiber reinforced plastic market with a market share of 19.7% of the total volume in 2015
• North America emerged as the most dominant regional market accounted for 36.9% in 2015 of the market volume because of the growing demand in automotive and aviation industry
• Most of the key market players such as Cytec Industries, Toray, Zoltek, Toho, Mitsubishi Rayon Corporation, Hexcel, and Hyosung have integrated along the major part of the value chain ranging from production and raw material supply to CFRP distribution. High level of integration enables companies to cut down the cost associated with raw material procurement and strengthens their market share with the development of specialty products.
For Requesting a Sample Copy of This Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/carbon-fiber-market/request/rs1
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global carbon fiber reinforced plastic market on the basis of raw material, product, application and region:
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Raw Material Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Product Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
• Thermosetting CFRP
• Thermoplastic CFRP
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Application Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
• Aerospace & Defense
• Wind Turbines
• Sport Equipment
• Molding & Compounding
• Pressure Vessels
Carbon Fiber Reinforced Plastic Regional Outlook (Volume, Tons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2024)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Central and South America
• Middle East & Africa
Inquire more or share questions if any before the purchase on this report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/1357/ibb
Browse More Related Report:
Carbon Fiber Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Raw Material (PAN, Pitch), By Tow Size, By Application (Automotive, Aerospace & Defense, Wind Turbines), By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company registered in the State of California having its headquarters in San Francisco. The company offers syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. With Grand View Research, you get an opportunity to understand market trends, insights, and business statistics from a strategic standpoint. With a deep-seated understanding of many business environments, Grand View Research offers business and market intelligence studies and accomplishes more than 300 multi-country market studies.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States