The global capillary electrophoresis market is experiencing significant growth in recent years owing to the rising applications in biochemistry, pharmaceuticals, and forensics. Capillary electrophoresis is a high-resolution and fast method for the analysis of small molecules, DNA, and proteins. It plays a significant role in the drug discovery and manufacturing processes and also has the potential to grow further, due to new developments that can provide highly sensitive and better analysis. Furthermore, it plays an important role in DNA analysis for genetic testing, forensic applications, and also in drug development. It can also be used for DNA sequencing, fragment analysis, and genotyping, further, it enables the researchers to study genetic variations for the development of personalized medicines.
Market Size Growth Rate:
According to the DataM market research report, the global capillary electrophoresis market size is valued at USD 308.6 million in 2022, it is expected to reach USD 455.6 million by 2030, with growth at a CAGR of 5.1% over the forecast period 2023-2030. North America is estimated to contribute 39.9% to the growth of the global market over the forecast period.
The global capillary electrophoresis market is driven by factors such as the high prevalence of genetic disorders, cancers, and infectious diseases, advancements in capillary electrophoresis technologies, increasing applications in drug developments and personalized medicine, rising funding and investments, and increasing adoption of next-generation sequencing for various research activities. On the other hand, the high cost of advanced capillary electrophoresis instruments, the complexity and lack of expertise, and the limited sample analysis are the major factors expected to hamper the market growth.
For More Insights about the Market Request Free Sample: https://www.datamintelligence.com/download-sample/capillary-electrophoresis-market
The increasing applications in drug developments and personalized medicine is a major factor expected to drive the global demand for capillary electrophoresis. For instance, in June 2023, SCIEX, a global leader in life science analytical technologies, launches the Intabio ZT system, the first fully-integrated microfluidic chip-based platform combining imaged capillary isoelectric focusing (icIEF) separation and UV detection. When coupled with mass spectrometry (MS) identification on the ZenoTOF 7600 system, it eliminates the guesswork from early drug development stages and accelerates drug candidate selection. This icIEF-UV/MS workflow enables the separation, quantitation, and identification of biopharmaceutical charge variants and their proteoforms.
Moreover, capillary electrophoresis in drug development provides the high-resolution separation and analysis of pharmaceutical compounds. It is used to assess the separation, purity, stability, quality, and identification of drug compounds during the formulation process. Its ability to detect impurities and degradation products helps to ensure that drugs are safe and effective. Additionally, its capacity for chiral separations is essential for characterizing enantiomerically pure drug compounds, which is critical for developing certain pharmaceuticals.
It is anticipated that the capillary electrophoresis market is expected to be hampered due to their complexity and lack of expertise. Due to its sensitivity and the need for precise sample handling, capillary electrophoresis can be susceptible to errors if not performed correctly. Mistakes in sample preparation, instrument calibration, or data interpretation can lead to inaccurate results. Ensuring a high level of expertise and adherence to best practices is essential to minimize errors.
Moreover, there is a limited availability of trained experts for operating and troubleshooting capillary electrophoresis systems in many pharmaceutical industries. This shortage of skilled professionals can hamper the adoption of capillary electrophoresis techniques, especially if organizations struggle to find or retain qualified individuals for better results.
The advancements in capillary electrophoresis technologies provide a significant potential opportunity for market growth. New capillary electrophoresis technologies enable higher resolution separation of analytes, allowing for better detection and characterization of molecules in complex samples. The increased sensitivity of modern systems enhances the ability to detect low-abundance compounds, which is crucial in fields such as pharmaceuticals, proteomics, and forensics.
View Full Report here: https://www.datamintelligence.com/research-report/capillary-electrophoresis-market
COVID-19 Impact Analysis:
The COVID-19 pandemic significantly impacted the global capillary electrophoresis market. During the pandemic, the urgent need for drug development and vaccine research during the pandemic emphasized the importance of advanced analytical methods. Capillary electrophoresis plays an important role in the analysis of potential drug compounds and the characterization of vaccine components, contributing to the rapid development and testing of treatments and vaccines, this positively impacted the market globally.
Russia-Ukraine Conflict Impact Analysis:
The Russia-Ukraine conflict moderately impacted the global capillary electrophoresis market, mainly owing to the less presence of major players. During the conflict, the import and export of capillary electrophoresis instruments and reagents are temporarily disrupted and many research activities and drug development processes are postponed.
Recent Developments in the Industry:
- On June 21, 2023, QIAGEN N.V. recently announced that its ForenSeq MainstAY workflow for the U.S. National DNA Index System received FBI approval. Licensed forensic DNA laboratories will be able to process DNA casework samples and compare the resulting profiles to American databases. The ForenSeq MainstAY workflow is a cost-effective substitute for analyzing short tandem repeats (STR) with capillary electrophoresis (CE) and facilitates volume casework for sexual assault cases.
- On October 14, 2022, Vulcan Industries plc entered into binding Heads of Terms to acquire the entire share capital of Peregrine X Limited and its 100% owned subsidiary Peregrine Analytics Limited from Unity Global – FZCO. The terms are conditional only on documentation of the acquisition agreement. Peregrine has developed an analytical tool and algorithms using High-Performance Capillary Electrophoresis (HPCE), an analytical separation method technology. Applications are suitable for the analysis of oil and water samples and medical diagnostic purposes.
- On March 07, 2022, Thermo Fisher Scientific introduced its latest generation of SeqStudio Flex Series Genetic Analyzer to enable customers’ cutting-edge research in areas such as gene editing and infectious disease. Capillary Electrophoresis (CE), which enables Sanger sequencing and fragment analysis is an important tool for improving clinical research and advancing scientific discovery. The SeqStudio Flex Genetic Analyzer delivers the gold-standard quality of CE technology with accurate data and reliable performance.
- On October 18, 2022, CMP Scientific Corp., a leader in Capillary Electrophoresis-Mass Spectrometry (CE-MS) technologies, announced that it has signed a global co-marketing agreement with Agilent Technologies to provide an integrated CE-MS solution to life science and pharmaceutical industry. CMP Scientific develops, manufactures, and sells products and analytical instruments in life sciences, diagnostics, and applied markets. CMP and Agilent will work together to implement new applications for the CE-MS system, which is a sensitive, alternative method to liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS) in mapping biological components.
As per the research analysis, the global capillary electrophoresis market is segmented by product type (automatic capillary electrophoresis systems, and semi-automatic capillary electrophoresis systems), by mode (capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE), capillary gel electrophoresis (CGE), micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography (MEKC), capillary electrochromatography (CEC), capillary isoelectric focusing (CIEF)( Imaged Capillary Isoelectric Focusing (iCIEF)), and capillary isotachophoresis (CITP)), by application (gene therapy, cell therapy, protein characterization, drug development, and others), by detection type (UV detection, Laser-Induces Florescence (LIF) Detection, mass spectroscopy), by end-user (research organizations and institutions, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, forensic centers, others).
- Based on application, the protein characterization segment is estimated to contribute 47.2% to the growth of the global market over the forecast period (2023-2030). capillary electrophoresis enables precise quality control of pharmaceutical products including proteins. It helps detect and quantify impurities, which is essential for ensuring the safety and consistency of drug formulations. For instance, on January 26, 2023, Bio-Techne Corporation announced the launch of its ProteinSimple-branded MauriceFlex during the WCBP conference in Washington D.C. MauriceFlex enables protein charge variant fractionation plus routine cIEF & CE-SDS assays, making it a unique multi-functional system that further streamlines protein characterization workflows.
- Moreover, Capillary electrophoresis is an indispensable tool during various stages of drug development. It assists especially in the analysis of drug candidates, formulation testing, and stability studies. The ability to quickly and accurately analyze pharmaceutical compounds, determine purity, and detect impurities accelerates the drug development process.
- Furthermore, capillary electrophoresis also plays a crucial role in protein analysis, including determining molecular weight, isoelectric point, and post-translational modifications. As the biopharmaceutical sector continues to expand, the demand for CE in protein analysis is expected to grow.
The global capillary electrophoresis market is segmented into major countries, including North America, Europe, South America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa.
North America Capillary Electrophoresis Market:
The presence of a huge number of key major players in the region, technological advancements, and drug developments using capillary electrophoresis techniques by major players in the area makes it the highest market shareholder in the capillary electrophoresis market. The demand for capillary electrophoresis in the pharmaceutical industry is driven by an increase in the number of technologies and the rising applications of capillary electrophoresis in various sectors in the region.
Asia-Pacific Capillary Electrophoresis Market:
Many countries in the Asia-Pacific region are investing heavily in the scientific research and academic institutions. The growth of life sciences, biotechnology, and pharmaceutical research is boosting the demand for advanced analytical tools including the capillary electrophoresis. These tools play a crucial for various research applications, including genomics, proteomics, drug development, and personalized medicine.
Europe Capillary Electrophoresis Market:
Pharmaceutical products/systems are governed by strict regulatory guidelines in Europe. Europe is home to many leading research institutions, universities, and biotechnology companies. The region has a strong tradition of scientific research, particularly in fields such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, and environmental sciences. These R&D activities drive the demand for advanced analytical techniques, including capillary electrophoresis, for various research applications.
There are numerous international, regional, and local suppliers in the global capillary electrophoresis industry. The competition in the local market is fierce. The vendors compete based on price, product quality, and dependability. As a result, to prosper and survive in a competitive market, suppliers must provide cost-efficient and effective products.
Major companies working towards the market’s growth include Sebia Group, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Merck KGaA, General Electric, PerkinElmer Inc., Shimadzu Corporation, Helena Laboratories Corporation, Takara Bio, Inc., Agilent Technologies Inc., and Teledyne Technologies, among others.
- Global Electrophoresis Reagents Market
- Global Electroporation Instruments Market
- Global Electroporation Instruments and Consumables Market
Additional Benefits Post Purchase:
1) Unlimited Analyst support for a period of 1 year.
2) Any query with regard to the scope offered will be addressed within 24- 48 hours.
3) An Excel sheet with market numbers will be provided separately.
The Full Report has the following insights:
- The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market in terms of market value (US) and Y-o-Y Growth Rates (%). It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data (2021-2022), and verifiable projections about market size during the forecast period (2023-2030).
- Visualize the composition of the global capillary electrophoresis market segmentation by type, application, end-user, and region, highlighting the key commercial assets and players.
- By Product Type: Automatic capillary electrophoresis systems, and semi-automatic capillary electrophoresis systems.
- By Mode: Capillary zone electrophoresis (CZE), capillary gel electrophoresis (CGE), micellar electrokinetic capillary chromatography (MEKC), capillary electrochromatography (CEC), capillary isoelectric focusing (CIEF) (Imaged Capillary Isoelectric Focusing (iCIEF), and capillary isotachophoresis (CITP).
- By Application: Gene therapy, cell therapy, protein characterization, drug development, and others.
- By Detection Type: UV detection, Laser-Induces Florescence (LIF) Detection, mass spectroscopy.
- By End-User: Research organizations and institutions, pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, forensic centers, others
- By Region: North America, South America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa.
- Identify commercial opportunities in the global capillary electrophoresis market by analyzing trends and co-development deals.
- The report also covers data insights on various industry forces such as porter’s five forces analysis, supply chain analysis, pricing analysis, and regulatory analysis.
- Excel data sheet with thousands of data points of global capillary electrophoresis market-level 4/5 segmentation.
- PDF report with the most relevant analysis cogently put together after exhaustive qualitative interviews and in-depth market study.
- Product mapping in Excel for the key product of all major market players
- The report will provide access to approximately 61 market data tables, 64 figures, and close to 180 pages.
DataM Intelligence Opinion:
According to DataM Intelligence, the capillary electrophoresis market is a rapidly growing sector due to its wide applications in various pharmaceutical analysis, forensic analysis, and others. Capillary electrophoresis can determine target proteins, quantification, and purification, which plays a key role in the drug development process and also plays an important role in DNA fragmentation and analysis in forensic laboratories. Overall, capillary electrophoresis helps with advanced technology in the drug development processes.
DataM Intelligence 4Market Research is a market intelligence platform that gives access to syndicated, customized reports and consulting to its clients in one place. As a firm with rich experience in research and consulting across multiple domains, we are a one-stop solution that will cater to the needs of clients in key business areas. DataM Intelligence has an online platform whose coverage includes industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, health care services, animal feed, and food & beverages among others. Our platform has Insights on markets that uncover the latest market research data that are distinct from the competition. With coverage across 10 major industries in the marketplace research, DataM Intelligence benefits thousands of companies by helping them take their innovations early to the market by providing a complete view of the market with statistical forecasts. Our strategy centric framework and value-added services will let individuals and corporates with ease of access and custom personalization to research and markets.
Company Name: DataM Intelligence
Contact Person: Sai Kiran
Email: Send Email
Address:DATAM INTELLIGENCE 4MARKET RESEARCH LLP Ground floor, DSL Abacus IT Park, Industrial Development Area, Uppal, Hyderabad, Telangana 500039