The global capillary blood collection devices market size is expected to reach USD 1.75 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc., progressing at a CAGR of 5.4% during the forecast period. Increasing incidence of chronic, infectious and autoimmune diseases are some of the major factors propelling market growth owing to rising number of blood tests globally. Capillary blood draw technique has been most widely used for glucose and hemoglobin testing in clinics and hospitals. Ease of usage and minimally invasive nature also makes it ideal for home care diagnosis and testing, thereby boosting the market’s growth potential.The use of this technique in conjugation with PoC diagnostics has become the chosen mode of testing in remote and ambulatory health settings.
Blood gas detection, leukocyte & metabolite count, biomarker, nucleic acid, blood glucose, ferritin, lactate, effect of vitamin K-antagonist, and heavy metal ions analysis is commonly done using these samples. Thus, with rising adoption of rapid PoC diagnostics, usage of these devices is anticipated to increase in the near future.
Chronic diseases are a global healthcare problem with over half of the adult population in the U.S. suffering from chronic diseases, which contribute to over 75% of the total healthcare cost in the nation. Thus, rising number of infectious and chronic diseases creates a huge demand for diagnostic testing, thereby propelling growth of these collection devices.
Capillary blood draw technique is most often used in case of pediatric patients as it is difficult to draw venous and arterial blood from infants. Capillary blood draw is preferred in many ICU settings as patients lose large amount of blood during surgeries. Other blood drawing techniques are more invasive and might result in delays in the healing process or pose a risk of contamination. Ease of usage and effectiveness is another factor facilitating the use of these devices for home care diagnosis and testing, typically in case of diabetics.
Request a sample Copy of the Capillary Blood Collection Devices Market Research Report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/capillary-blood-collection-devices-market/request/rs1
Key Takeways Of The Report :
- Plastic devices held the largest market share in 2017 owing to their lightweight, cost-effective, and biocompatible nature coupled with extensive usage in medical devices
- Durability, non-porous nature, and impermeability are boosting the demand for glass devices
- Plastic and glass based collection devices are anticipated to dominate the market throughout the forecast horizon during the forecast period due to their extensive use in the manufacture of medical devices and other related products.
- North America will lead the market throughout the forecast period owing to existence of large number of major market players and high incidence of chronic and infectious diseases
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to rise at the highest CAGR during the same period. High population along with rising incidence of chronic diseases such as cancer and diabetes are the major factors contributing to the growth of the regional market
- Some of the major players are Becton, Dickinson and Company; NIPRO Europe Corporation; Sarstedt AG & Co; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; Terumo Medical Corporation; B Braun Melsungen AG; Kabe Labortechnik GmbH; Greiner Bio One International GmbH; Cardinal Health; and Owen Mumford Ltd.
Have Any Query? Ask Our Experts @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/5588/ibb
Grand View Research has segmented the global capillary blood collection devices market on the basis of material, product, application, end use, and region:
Capillary Blood Collection Devices Material Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Stainless Steel
Capillary Blood Collection Devices Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Micro-Container Tubes
- Micro-Hematocrit Tubes
- Warming Devices
Capillary Blood Collection Devices Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Whole Blood
- Plasma/ Serum Protein Tests
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel (CMP) Tests
- Liver Panel / Liver Profile/ Liver Function Tests
- Dried Blood Spot Tests
Capillary Blood Collection Devices End-Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Blood Donation Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- Home Diagnosis
- Pathology Laboratories
Capillary Blood Collection Devices Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- South Africa
Browse Related Report:
Heart Attack Diagnostics Market : https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/heart-attack-diagnostics-market
STD Diagnostics Market : https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/diagnostic-testing-of-stds-market
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research provides syndicated as well as customized research reports and consulting services on 46 industries across 25 major countries worldwide. This U.S.-based market research and consulting company is registered in California and headquartered in San Francisco. Comprising over 425 analysts and consultants, the company adds 1200+ market research reports to its extensive database each year. Supported by an interactive market intelligence platform, the team at Grand View Research guides Fortune 500 companies and prominent academic institutes in comprehending the global and regional business environment and carefully identifying future opportunities.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Phone: 1-415-349-0058, Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
Address:201, Spear Street, 1100
City: San Francisco
Country: United States