Since August 2015, visitors to Canada for more than six months must get an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). Most nationals do not require a visa to visit Canada as tourists for less than 180 days. The Canadian Tourist Visa, also known as the Canadian Visitor Visa or the Temporary Resident Visa (TRV), allows you to enter Canada solely for tourist purposes. They can instead apply for and acquire an eTA for Canada, which can be obtained online. A visa is proof that the Canadian embassy or consulate in your home country determined you are eligible and meet the entry requirements. Certain nations’ citizens can apply for a visa to Canada online, but nationals from all other countries must apply in person. Your Canadian tourist visa will usually attach to your passport (or a valid travel document). This document confirms that you meet the minimum requirements to legally enter Canada. In addition, citizens of certain countries can also apply for an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to travel to Canada. eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals wishing to travel to Canada by air. Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are the two types of Canada visas available in Canada. Canada Visa Online is a visa waiver document that allows qualified foreign citizens of various countries (visa-free) to visit Canada without first obtaining a visa from a Canadian Embassy.
Types of Canada Visa
- Temporary resident visa
- Study permit
- Work permit
- Permanent resident travel document
What Are the Documents Necessary for a Canada Visa?
The following documents are necessary:
- Your valid ID card.
- A Valid passport with minimum two blank pages
- A Proper application for a Canada visa.
- A receipt for Canada visa payments.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- A medical examination certifying excellent health.
- Photographs meeting the criteria for submitting photographs for a Canada visa.
- Proof of financial standing
- Proof that you will return home after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents proving your identity and marital status.
- A letter explaining why you are visiting Canada.
A visa to Canada is a stamp in your passport that grants you permission to enter the country. It is a permit to enter the country and stay there legally, either temporarily or permanently. Today, Canada visa applications have been replaced by the Canada eTA visa, which serves the same purpose and conditions as a visa and provides visitors with the same power. In May 2016, the Canadian government launched Electronic Travel Authorization to speed up the visa application process. If you are from one of the visa-free countries (countries eligible for an eTA) and are flying into or out of Canada, you must apply for an eTA. A Canada eTA visa is a required travel authorization you need to fly to Canada without a traditional visitor or tourist visa. eTA Canada (Electronic Travel Authorization) is an online visa for travelers from visa-exempt countries wishing to enter Canada by air for tourism, business, or transit purposes. The eTA allows multiple entries for tourism, business or transit purposes with a maximum stay of 6 months each. It is valid for 5 years or until the expiry date of the associated passport, whichever comes first. Since the Canada Visa Application Form is available online, the applicant can easily apply for an eTA without going through any hurdles. Visitors who are eligible to apply for a Canada eTA visa can obtain the necessary authorization at any time of the day from the comfort of their own home without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
Who Requires a Visa to Enter Canada?
Individuals from countries with which Canada does not have a visa waiver agreement or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) must obtain a visa to enter the country. If you are one of these applicants and require a visa to enter Canada, you must apply. Visas are offered in a variety of forms, including visiting, student, work, and immigrant visas. Visas are required for visitors, workers, and immigrants to Canada from 148 countries in specific. Citizens of these countries are required to apply for a visa based on the purpose of their travel.
You must follow these easy procedures to apply for a visa to Canada:
- Check if you’re eligible to travel to Canada
- Check your eligibility for a Canadian visa.
- Get the documents that show you meet the criteria for a visa
- Create an online profile.
- Give your fingerprints and photo (bio-metrics)
- Put the document file together.
- Cover the costs.
- Wait for your Canadian visa to be processed.
- Passport and processing costs must be submitted.
- You must be 18 years old to apply for the visa as a lead applicant.
- You must have a valid government-issued passport that contains at least one blank page. This page should not be the last page.
- Translated and authentic documents
- You must have no criminal record or court documents to support this.
- You must have sufficient funds to pay the visa application and processing fees.
- You will need a completed and signed visa application form.
- You must be willing to attend the interviews and submit your bio-metrics.
- You must be in be in good health
- If necessary, you must agree to a medical examination.
- You must be able to show that you have sufficient ties to your home country and that your visit to Canada is temporary.
- You must be able to prove that you are not here to work or study.
Can I renew my Canadian visa before it expires?
Yes. You must submit your Canadian visa renewal application form at least 30 days before your visa expires.
How can I pay for my Canadian Visa?
You can use a Credit or debit card.
Will I be required to attend an interview at the Visa Office? Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada may require you to attend an interview at the Visa Office.
How many days does it take to process a Canada Visa?
The processing time is 25-30 working days once the application is complete and all documents have been provided.
How long can I stay in Canada with a valid visa?
You can stay in Canada for a maximum period of 90 days only with a single entry visa.
Do children require visa to visit Canada?
Every person irrespective of age requires to hold a valid visa to enter Canada.
What is the duration of Canada Visa application processing?
Canada visa processing takes about 2 to 3 working weeks. However, the duration mostly depends on prompt submission and proper and complete documentation of the visa application.
Do I need to get bio-metrics done to apply for my Canada visa?
Visa applicants from Asia, America and Asia Pacific will have to give their bio-metrics.