A visa is proof that the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country of residence has determined that you are eligible and meet the entry requirements. Most nationals do not require a visa for tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days. Instead, they can apply for and receive an eTA for Canada, which can be applied for online. Since August 2015, an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is required for travelers visiting Canada for six months. Citizens of select countries can apply for a Canada visa online, while all other countries must apply through the regular channels. eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals wishing to travel to Canada by air. Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are the two types of Canada visas available in Canada. Canada Visa Online is a visa waiver document that allows qualified foreign citizens of various countries (visa-free) to visit Canada without first obtaining a visa from a Canadian Embassy.
Types of Canada Visa
- Temporary resident visa
- Study permit
- Work permit
- Permanent resident travel document
What Are the Documents Necessary for a Canada Visa?
The following documents are necessary:
- Your valid ID card.
- A Valid passport with minimum two blank pages
- A Proper application for a Canada visa.
- A receipt for Canada visa payments.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- A medical examination certifying excellent health.
- Photographs meeting the criteria for submitting photographs for a Canada visa.
- Proof of financial standing
- Proof that you will return home after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents proving your identity and marital status.
- A letter explaining why you are visiting Canada.
The Canadian government introduced Electronic Travel Authorization in May 2016 to speed up the visa application process. eTA Canada (Electronic Travel Authorization) is an online visa for travelers from visa-exempt countries wishing to enter Canada by air for tourism, business or transit purposes. Nowadays, Canada visa applications have been replaced byś the Canada eTA visa, which has the same meaning and similar criteria, and grants travelers the same permission. The eTA allows multiple entries for tourist, business or transit purposes with a maximum stay of 6 months each. You must apply for an eTA to visit Canada if you are from one of the visa-waiver countries (countries eligible for an eTA) arriving on plane or transiting through a Canadian airport. It is valid for 5 years or until the expiry date of the associated passport, whichever comes first. A Canada eTA visa is a required travel authorization you need to fly to Canada without a traditional visitor or tourist visa. Since the Canada Visa Application Form is available online, the applicant can apply for an eTA easily without any hurdles. Visitors who are eligible to apply for a Canada eTA visa can obtain the necessary authorization at any time of the day from the comfort of their own home without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
Who Requires a Visa to Enter Canada?
Citizens of these countries must go through the visa application process depending on the reason for visiting the country. Entering Canada requires a visa for citizens of countries that do not have an eTA or visa waiver agreement. There are approximately 148 countries that require a visa to enter Canada. You can get different types of visas e.g. Visitor, study, work or even immigrant visas.
The extent of Canada’s natural beauty, from mountains and glaciers to lakes and remote forests, is nearly unmatched in the world. But Canada’s allure isn’t just about nature. Canada has cosmopolitan cities that are clean, safe, friendly and multicultural. New Zealand passport holders are eligible to visit Canada without the need for a traditional visa. The Canadian government introduced this online visa waiver for citizens of select countries (including New Zealand) in 2015 to facilitate international visits. It allows entry for tourists, business travelers or travelers in transit. Some basic Canadian eTA requirements are required for New Zealand citizens. To do this, they must apply for the Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) online. The Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) for Canada is an online visa waiver. This online travel permit is electronically linked to the New Zealand passport registered in the application. eTA holders are permitted multiple visits to Canada, each for a maximum of six months (180 days). The Canadian eTA is valid for 5 years. If the registered New Zealand passport expires earlier, the eTA will expire with the passport. New Zealanders may enter Canada multiple times during the validity period, for a maximum stay of 6 months each time. Travelers can apply for the Canada eTA for New Zealanders from the comfort of their home or office. You simply fill out a quick online form using any computer or device connected to the internet. You don’t have to go all the way to an embassy to do the paperwork.
Canada eTA Requirements for New Zealand Citizens
- Passport – if you want to get your Canada ETA, first, check the expiration date of your passport because it must be valid for at least 6 more months from your arrival in the country.
- E-mail address – it’s vital that you put a current email because all info we get about your ETA, we will send you an email. When your ETA has been approved, If you want, you can print it.
- Methods of payment – in case you have a credit/debit card, do not worry because you can pay it with any of them.
All Norwegian travelers require a Canadian visa before legally entering the country. Norwegian citizens are required to apply for a Canada eTA visa for general tourism, business, transit or short-term medical purposes (less than 90 days). Norwegian citizens traveling to Canada must obtain travel authorization prior to entering the country. This process has been greatly simplified since the Canadian government introduced the Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) system in 2016. Norwegians planning to stay in Canada for up to 180 days can obtain a visa waiver using the simple online eTA application form. An approved eTA for Norway is a multiple-entry travel authorization that allows the holder a total stay of 6 months in Canada with each entry. Once issued, the Canadian electronic permit is automatically linked to the traveller’s passport. A Canadian eTA is valid for five years or until the expiration of the associated passport, whichever comes first. It is now possible to obtain a Canada eVisa waiver from Norway exclusively online via the simple eTA application, eliminating the need to visit a Canadian Embassy or Consulate to apply for a travel authorization in person.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS TO APPLY?
- Passport – all applicants who wish to obtain a Canada ETA must be passport holders. However, before you apply, check your passport’s expiry date because it needs to maintain its validity for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Canada.
- E-mail address – while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will receive a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. You are not required to have a physical copy on you, but you can still print one out just in case you need it.
- Means of payment – You can use a credit/debit card or PayPal account to pay for the eTA fees.
Company Name: CANADA Official
Contact Person: Ginto Perathu Rustam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 213-617-6700
Address:350 S Grand Ave 1700
City: Los Angeles
Country: United States