A visa is proof that the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country of residence has determined that you are eligible and meet the entry requirements. Since August 2015, an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is required for travelers visiting Canada for six months. Citizens of select countries can apply for a Canada visa online while all other countries must apply through the regular channels. Instead, they can apply for and receive an eTA for Canada, which can be applied for online. eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals wishing to travel to Canada by air. Most nationals do not require a visa for tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days. Canada Visa Online is a visa waiver document that allows qualified foreign citizens of various countries (visa-free) to visit Canada without first obtaining a visa from a Canadian embassy or consulate.
Types of Canada Visa
- Temporary resident visa
- Study permit
- Work permit
- Permanent resident travel document
What Are the Documents Necessary for a Canada Visa?
The following documents are necessary:
- Your valid ID card.
- A Valid passport with minimum two blank pages
- A Proper application for a Canada visa.
- A receipt for Canada visa payments.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- A medical examination certifying excellent health.
- Photographs meeting the criteria for submitting photographs for a Canada visa.
- Proof of financial standing
- Proof that you will return home after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents proving your identity and marital status.
- A letter explaining why you are visiting Canada.
Today, Canada visa applications have been replaced by the Canada eTA visa, which has the same meaning and similar criteria, and grants travelers the same permission. A Canada eTA visa is a required travel authorization you need to fly to Canada without a traditional visitor or tourist visa. Since the Canada Visa Application Form is available online, the applicant can easily apply for an eTA without going through any hurdles. Visitors who are eligible to apply for a Canada eTA visa can obtain the necessary authorization at any time of the day from the comfort of their own home without having to visit an embassy or consulate.
Who Requires a Visa to Enter Canada?
There are approximately 148 countries that require a visa to enter Canada. You can get different types of visas e.g. Visitor, study, work or even immigrant visas. A visa is required to enter Canada for citizens of countries that do not have an eTA or visa waiver agreement. Citizens of these countries must go through the visa application process depending on the reason for visiting the country.
You must follow these easy procedures to apply for a visa to Canada:
- Check if you’re eligible to travel to Canada
- Check your eligibility for a Canadian visa.
- Get the documents that show you meet the criteria for a visa
- Create an online profile.
- Give your fingerprints and photo (bio-metrics)
- Put the document file together.
- Cover the costs.
- Wait for your Canadian visa to be processed.
- Passport and processing costs must be submitted.
- You must be 18 years old to apply for the visa as a lead applicant.
- You must have a valid government-issued passport that contains at least one blank page. This page should not be the last page.
- Translated and authentic documents
- You must have no criminal record or court documents to support this.
- You must have sufficient funds to pay the visa application and processing fees.
- You will need a completed and signed visa application form.
- You must be willing to attend the interviews and submit your bio-metrics.
- If necessary, you must agree to a medical examination.
- You must be able to show that you have sufficient ties to your home country and that your visit to Canada is temporary.
- You must be able to prove that you are not here to work or study.
Canada’s visa policy allows numerous nationalities to cross the border without a visa, and citizens of Latvia are among them. These countries should be visa free. The Canadian eTA is not optional but is mandatory for all Latvian citizens traveling to the country for a short period of time. Latvian citizens are required to apply for a Canada eTA visa for short-term (less than 90 days) entry to Canada for general tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. This eliminates the need to go to the nearest Canadian embassy to apply for a visa. However, if you are traveling by air, you must apply for a Canadian ETA prior to travel. Electronic Travel Authorization (ETA) is a system that gives certain travelers legal permission to travel to Canada.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS?
- Valid Passport: You cannot apply for an ETA from Canada if you do not have a valid passport. This document must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of flight
- Email address: You must provide a valid email address as the ETA confirmation will be emailed in PDF format. The ETA is electronically linked to your passport, but you still need to keep a physical copy.
- Payment Methods: You can use a credit or debit cards, but you can also use PayPal to pay for the ETA fees.
Company Name: CANADA Official
Contact Person: Mala Jumbha Rustam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +374 10 545762
Address:12 Marshal Baghramyan Ave, Yerevan