Canada is a great tourist and business destination. Millions of International tourists and business owners visit Canada every year. And thus Canada offers an easy Canada visa application process to those visitors. Canada has introduced an online visa aka eTA back in 2012 to make the visa application process smooth. But eTA is available for citizens form selected countries.
You can apply for a Canadian visa online in less than 10 minutes. Here’s full details regarding the Canada visa for Japanese citizens and Hong Kong citizens.
The Japanese passport is considered as the strongest passport in the world with visa-free entry to 193 countries. If you’re from Japan then you don’t need to apply for a regular Canada visa for Japanese citizens. Instead, you can apply for an eTA that allows you to stay up to 90 days in Canada. However, an electronic Canada visa for Japanese citizens is mandatory for short visits.
Canada Visa for Hong Kong Citizens
Citizens of Hong Kong can apply for eTA Canada visa for Hong Kong citizens through Canada visa department online portal. Canadian eTA is a mandatory requirement for Hong Kong citizens if you apply for a trip less than 90 days for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes.
eTA Canada visa for Hong Kong citizens is only for ordinary passport holders not official or diplomatic passport holders.
Things To Know Before Applying For Canada visa
- Canada eTA is a multi entry electronic visa that can be obtained in less than 48 hours of application.
- If you have any criminal or human rights violation case registered against you then you won’t be allowed to enter Canada, no matter which country you belong to.
- Although Canada is an open culture country still you should be careful while travelling to Canada, these days hatred against Asians has become a serious concern in Canada.
- Don’t be involved in any political campaign or rally during your visit to Canada.
- If you’re visiting Canada in a group then you’ll have to apply for each member of the group separately and each member must have a valid passport with at least 3 months validity.
- If you have a child travelling with you then you’ll have to apply for an eTA for your child as well.
- Make sure you have a clear idea of why you’re travelling to Canada because you’ll have to clarify and upload supporting documents on the visa application website page.
Requirements For Canada Visa
A Canada visa is easy to get yet you’ll need to fulfil requirements. Here are a few requirements you need to fulfil to be eligible for a Canada trip.
- You must have a valid passport issued by the Japanese or Hong Kong government with a minimum of 3 months validity.
- You must be in good health while boarding to Canada.
- A phone number and a valid email id is also required for communication.
- A debit or credit card to pay the visa processing fee.
- You must have enough funds in your bank account to support your trip to Canada. They might ask for a bank statement as well.
How To Apply For a Canada Visa?
Unlike the US, the application process for a Canadian visa is simple and straightforward. Here’s how you can apply for a Canada visa online.
- Go to the official website of Canada.
- Click on Apply online for an eTA.
- Now answer a few questions in yes and no to get to the visa application page.
- Fill out the visa application form correctly. Any mistake can lead to rejection of the application.
- Upload a scanned copy of your passport, photo, sign and other supporting documents.
- Pay the visa processing fee using your debit or credit card.
- Now, wait for the visa confirmation. You’ll receive the visa confirmation through e-mail.
Company Name: CANADA Official
Contact Person: Schumacher Thomas Rustam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +49 30 8800880
City: 10179 Berlin