There is no doubt Canada is a popular tourist destination. Over 20 million foreign citizens visit its cultural and natural places of interest each year. This astonishing figure can be a result of the easy-going, hassle-free process to obtain a travel authorization to enter the nation. For shorter touristic visits, nationals of 53 countries, including Iceland, do not need to apply for a visa and can travel to Canada with a Canadian eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). The eTA was introduced by the Canadian government in 2015 to ease entry into the country, avoid long lines at the border and increase security checks. In this sense, the eTA application process is very simple and is done electronically at the applicant’s convenience. It can be done from anywhere in the world. Icelandic citizens must apply for a Canada tourist visa from Iceland if they plan to stay in the country for more than 180 consecutive days. A visa to Canada from Iceland is also mandatory for all nationals who intend to study, work, or permanently live in Canada. For shorter stays for purposes such as leisure, business, transit or medical treatment, Icelanders are eligible to apply for a Canadian eTA. Please note that this only applies to air travel and entry into Canada through one of its international airports. Icelandic eTA holders can stay in Canada for a maximum of 6 months. The overall validity of the permit is 5 years or until the passport expires. This means Icelanders can travel to Canada multiple times without having to apply for an eTA each time. Applying for an Icelandic eTA is very easy. The applicant only needs to take a few minutes to complete the eTA application form through the official Canada Online Visa website.
CANADIAN ETA REQUIREMENTS FOR ICELANDIC CITIZENS
- Candidates must have an electronic and machine-readable Icelandic passport valid for at least 6 months after the date of entering Canada.
- E-mail address – you need to provide a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – You need to have a valid credit or debit cards for the visa fees.
All Irish passport holders are legally required to have a Canadian visa waiver or visa before they can enter the country. In recent years, Canada has simplified the process of obtaining a visa waiver by introducing the Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization program (known as the Canadian eTA or Canadian Tourist Visa Waiver). Irish citizens must apply for a Canada eTA visa to enter Canada for tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. In 2016, the Canadian government introduced the eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization), an online multiple-entry visa waiver that allows eligible citizens to travel to Canada for stays of up to 6 months each time they enter the country. Irish citizens are among the eligible nationalities to apply for the eTA online. Irish citizens can use the same approved eTA to enter Canada without a visa for 5 years or until the passport expires. The Canadian eTA from Ireland can only be applied for online to obtain an electronic visa waiver electronically linked to that of the traveler passport, eliminating the need to apply for a visa in person at an embassy or consulate.
CANADIAN ETA REQUIREMENTS FOR IRISH CITIZENS
- The traveler’s passport must be an Irish e-passport (bio-metric passport). It is recommended to have at least 6 months of validity in the passport.
- A valid form of payment – Applicants will need to have a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the eTA application fees.
- A valid Email address in order to finalize the application and receive communication regarding its approval or otherwise.
Liechtenstein citizens, like many other nationalities, are visa-exempt when traveling to Canada for short visits. However, if you are traveling by air, you must apply for a Canadian ETA prior to departure. The eTA program was launched in 2016 to screen travelers arriving from abroad in response to increasing terrorist activity around the world. Canada Visa for Citizens of Liechtenstein should apply for a Canada eTA visa for short-term travel to Canada for general tourism, business, transit or medical purposes. The Canada e-Visa is available online for Liechtenstein citizens. The stays are usually short, lasting 180 days. Any Liechtenstein citizen wishing to enter Canada for more than 90 days or for purposes other than those permitted in the eTA program must apply for a different visa. The document you receive is valid for 5 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. You can enter Canada multiple times and stay there for up to 6 months per visit. The electronic travel authorization is available online and can be obtained in just 30 minutes.
Requirements of Canada Visa for Liechtensteiner citizens
- A valid travel document or passport in order to apply for Canada eTA.
- A valid credit or debit card or PayPal account to pay for the Canada eTA.
- A valid email address, to receive the Canada eTA in their inbox.
In 2015, the Canadian government introduced eTA (which stands for Electronic Travel Authorization), a new screening tool that allows visitors to obtain a travel authorization without having to contact an embassy or consulate. Eligible citizens of more than 50 countries, including Luxembourg, can apply for the eTA Canada for shorter stays that do not require a visa. Citizens of Luxembourg can apply for an eTA Canada if the purpose of their visit is tourism or leisure, business travel such as attending conferences and meetings, medical advice or treatment, or transiting through Canada en route to another international destination. The Canadian eTA is also intended for travelers coming to Canada for a stay of less than 6 months. Because the travel authorization is valid for 5 years, visitors can make multiple entries during this period as long as each trip is less than 3 months. Luxembourg citizens traveling or relocating to Canada to work, study or move to Canada must apply for a Canada visa in Luxembourg. There are different types of Canadian visas such as: the work permit and the visitor visa. Luxembourgers who meet all eTA Canada requirements can begin the application process. The Canadian eTA application form can be found on the home page of the Canada Online Visa website.
WHAT DOCUMENTS DO LUXEMBOURGERS NEED TO SUBMIT?
- Have a valid passport with at least 6 months’ validity counting from the entry date to Canada
- Have an active email address for obtaining the eTA Canada approval
- Have a valid debit or credit card for the online eTA fee payment
A visa is proof that the Canadian embassy or consulate in your country of residence has determined that you are eligible and meet the entry requirements. Most nationals do not require a visa for tourist visits to Canada of less than 180 days. Instead, they can apply for and receive an eTA for Canada, which can be applied for online. eTA is a new entry requirement for visa-exempt foreign nationals wishing to travel to Canada by air. Since August 2015, an eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization) is required for travelers visiting Canada for six months. Citizens of select countries can apply for a Canada visa online, while all other countries must apply through the regular channels. Single-entry and multiple-entry visas are the two types of Canada visas available in Canada. Canada Visa Online is a visa waiver document that allows qualified foreign citizens of various countries (visa-free) to visit Canada without first obtaining a visa from a Canadian Embassy.
Types of Canada Visa
- Temporary resident visa
- Study permit
- Work permit
- Permanent resident travel document
What Are the Documents Necessary for a Canada Visa?
The following documents are necessary:
- Your valid ID card.
- A Valid passport with minimum two blank pages
- A Proper application for a Canada visa.
- A receipt for Canada visa payments.
- Proof of clean criminal record.
- A medical examination certifying excellent health.
- Photographs meeting the criteria for submitting photographs for a Canada visa.
- Proof of financial standing
- Proof that you will return home after your Canadian visa expires.
- Documents proving your identity and marital status.
- A letter explaining why you are visiting Canada.
Company Name: CANADA Official
Contact Person: MUKESH SHARMA Rustam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +880 31-652225
Address:2293/A Zakir Hossain Rd, Chattogram