Whatever your reason for visiting Canada, keep in mind that Finnish citizens require a visa waiver or visa to enter the country lawfully. When visiting Canada for a short period of time, Finnish people, like many other nationalities, do not need to apply for a visa. In 2016, the Canadian government developed the Canadian eTA for Finnish nationals, which may be obtained with a simple online application, removing the need to apply in person at an embassy. Finnish citizens must apply for a Canada eTA visa for short-term entry into Canada for general tourism, business, transit, or medical purposes. This is because Finnish citizens are not obliged to obtain a visa. An authorised electronic travel authorization (eTA) for Canada allows for a cumulative stay of up to 6 months with each entry. When your Canadian electronic Permit is granted, it will be ‘connected’ to your Finnish passport. The good thing about the new Canadian eTA is that it is valid for five years (or until your passport expires, whichever comes first). The process of obtaining a Canadian eTA takes less than 30 minutes online, so there is no need to visit an embassy or meet in person. Travelers can have their visa waiver approved in minutes.
CANADIAN REQUIREMENTS FOR FINNISH PASSPORT HOLDERS
- A valid Finnish bio-metric passport – All travelers who want to get a Canadian eTA must have a bio-metric and machine-readable passport, since the visa is electronically linked to the traveler’s passport. It is also recommended to have at least 6 months of validity in your passport
- Personal information – While filling out the application, all travelers will need to provide information that pertains to their passport, personal information (address, contact information), employment, and travel details/itinerary
- A valid form of payment – Travelers will need a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the eTA application fees
- E-mail address– while the Canada ETA is electronically linked to your passport, you will obtain a copy of the authorization via e-mail in PDF format. It’s recommended to print one physical copy out just in case you need it.
- Phone, tablet, or computer – In order to fill out the application, travelers will need a device with internet access, such as a phone, tablet, or computer
Travel from Hungary to Canada must be for tourism, business, or transit. Hungarian travellers should be aware that entering Canada requires a valid visa or a Canadian visa waiver for Hungarian citizens. The ETA is not valid for other objectives such as education, employment, or retirement. For these purposes, a different form of visa from a Canadian embassy is required. Hungarian citizens planning to visit Canada for up to 180 days (6 months) can apply for a Canada eTA from home. Since the introduction of the electronic travel authorization eTA in 2016, applying for a Canada Travel Authorization has become a simple and quick process for Hungarian citizens. An electronic travel authorization (eTA) is a multiple-entry travel authorisation that allows the holder to stay in Canada for up to 6 months with each entry. Once issued, the Canadian eTA for Hungary is valid for 5 years or until the associated passport expires, whichever comes first. The eTA eVisa Waiver, which is linked to the traveler’s passport once approved, can be applied for a few days prior to travel exclusively online, eliminating the need to apply in person at a Canadian embassy.
Nationals of 53 countries, including Iceland, do not need to apply for a visa for shorter tourist stays and can travel to Canada with a Canadian eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization). If they intend to stay in Canada for more than 180 days, Icelandic citizens must apply for a tourist visa in Iceland. The Canadian government implemented the eTA in 2015 to facilitate entry into the nation, minimise long lineups at the border, and strengthen security inspections. In this regard, the eTA application process is extremely straightforward and is completed electronically at the applicant’s leisure. It is possible to do it from anywhere in the world. A visa to Canada from Iceland is also mandatory for all nationals who intend to study, work, or permanently live in Canada. For shorter stays for purposes such as leisure, business, transit or medical treatment, Icelanders are eligible to apply for a Canadian eTA. Please note that this only applies to air travel and entry into Canada through one of its international airports. Icelandic eTA holders can stay in Canada for a maximum of 6 months. The overall validity of the permit is 5 years or until the passport expires. This means Icelanders can travel to Canada multiple times without having to apply for an eTA each time. Applying for an Icelandic eTA is very easy. The applicant only needs to take a few minutes to complete the eTA application form through the official Canada Online Visa website.
CANADIAN ETA REQUIREMENTS FOR ICELANDIC CITIZENS
- Candidates must have an electronic and machine-readable Icelandic passport valid for at least 6 months after the date of entering Canada.
- E-mail address – you need to provide a valid address because the ETA confirmation is sent via e-mail in PDF format. While the ETA is electronically linked to your passport and you do not have to hold a physical copy, most people prefer to print one out, just in case.
- Means of payment – You need to have a valid credit or debit cards for the visa fees.
Irish citizens are among the nationalities able to apply for the eTA online. In 2016, the Canadian government established the eTA (Electronic Travel Authorization), an online multiple-entry visa waiver that allows eligible citizens to enter Canada for up to 6 months each time. In recent years, Canada has made it easier to obtain a visa waiver by establishing the Canadian Electronic Travel Authorization (commonly known as the Canadian eTA or Canadian Tourist Visa Waiver). Irish citizens must apply for a Canada eTA visa in order to enter Canada for tourist, business, transit, or medical purposes. All Irish passport holders are legally required to have a Canadian visa waiver or visa before entering Canada. Irish citizens can use the same approved eTA to enter Canada without a visa for 5 years or until the passport expires. The Canadian eTA from Ireland can only be applied for online to obtain an electronic visa waiver electronically linked to that of the traveler passport, eliminating the need to apply for a visa in person at an embassy or consulate.
CANADIAN ETA REQUIREMENTS FOR IRISH CITIZENS
- The traveler’s passport must be an Irish e-passport (bio-metric passport). It is recommended to have at least 6 months of validity in the passport.
- A valid form of payment – Applicants will need to have a valid form of payment, such as a debit or credit card, to pay the eTA application fees.
- A valid Email address in order to finalize the application and receive communication regarding its approval or otherwise.
The Canada e-Visa is available online for Liechtenstein citizens. In response to increased terrorist activities around the world, the eTA programme was created in 2016 to screen travellers travelling from abroad. Liechtenstein citizens should apply for a Canada eTA visa for short-term travel to Canada for general tourism, business, transit, or medical reasons. Liechtenstein nationals, like many other nationalities, do not need a visa to visit Canada for a short period of time. However, if you are flying, you must apply for a Canadian ETA before you go. The stays are typically 180 days long. Any Liechtenstein citizen who wishes to enter Canada for a period longer than 90 days or for purposes other than those approved under the eTA programme must apply for a different visa. The document you receive is valid for 5 years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first. You can enter Canada multiple times and stay there for up to 6 months per visit. The electronic travel authorization is available online and can be obtained in just 30 minutes.
Requirements of Canada Visa for Liechtensteiner citizens
- A valid travel document or passport in order to apply for Canada eTA.
- A valid credit or debit card or PayPal account to pay for the Canada eTA.
- A valid email address, to receive the Canada eTA in their inbox.
Company Name: CANADA Official
Contact Person: Ginto Perathu Rustam
Email: Send Email
Phone: +1 213-617-6700
Address:350 S Grand Ave 1700
City: Los Angeles
Country: United States