An international framework of cooperation and collaboration to improve health and deliver cures
Miami, FL – January 17, 2018 – Regenerative Medicine and cell-based therapies are profoundly impacting our world. This scientific revolution may impact human history as much as the development of the Internet and human flight.
The World Stem Cell Summit accelerates this revolution by convening scientists, philanthropists, government leaders, bioethicists, regulators and companies from around the world to share their incredible breakthroughs. Speakers will share stunning innovations that include understanding the causes of disease, growing mini-brains, engineering body tissues and organs, reversing the aging process, accelerating wound healing, creating a gigantic, disruptive new industry built on the foundation of cell-based medicine and revolutionizing the practice of medicine.
Nowhere else will this many world leaders and pioneers in regenerative medicine present and discuss the future of this area of medicine in one place. Among the many topics to be addressed are:
- The use of stem cells for regeneration of tissues, organs and spinal cords, along with the possibility of “fixing our broken hearts” and fixing damaged brains.
- Regenerative medicine – can it be used to thwart the aging process, rejuvenate the human body and allow a longer life span?
- Healing our wounded warriors – U.S. Military doctors are using stem cells for wound care.
- Regenerative medicine is a multi-billion-dollar industry – the new, new thing that will touch all areas of life on our planet.
- The challenges of securing financing in a rapidly expanding multi-billion dollar industry.
- Red-hot areas of development including Crispr gene –editing, cord blood, mini-brains, exosomes, growing new organs, human-animal chimeras, iPSC’s and more.
- Economic Development derived from Stem Cell R&D: In Japan, China, Canada, Israel, the United States and other nations.
- The Philanthropists and Advocates – Their behind-the-scenes involvement and their personal stories. From funding gifts to impact investing, to grassroots advocacy, they are changing our world. The 2018 Action Award honorees will be honored for their efforts in the field of stem cell science and regenerative medicine.
- Consumer demand – While some experts warn of the risks of jumping the gun on seeking stem cell therapies at home and abroad, the practice of medicine is evolving with a host of cell-based treatments in the “here and now.”
- Untangling the regulatory logjam – with representatives of leading regulatory agencies including the U.S. FDA.
Media credentials and on-site or remote interviews (Skype included) can be obtained from Howard R. Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration is complimentary for accredited media.
The World Stem Cell Summit is organized by the Regenerative Medicine Foundation in partnership with Weill Cornell Medicine, Maryland Stem Cell Research Fund/TEDCO, Mayo Clinic, The New York Stem Cell Foundation, Nova Southeastern University and the NSU Cell Therapy Institute, Karolinska Institute, The Cure Alliance, Interdisciplinary Stem Cell Institute at University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Wake Forest Institute for Regenerative Medicine, and University of Florida Center for Regenerative Medicine— with major sponsorships from ViVex Biomedical, Avalon GloboCare, Stem Cells Translational Medicine journal, and IQVIA. It will feature over 1,300 participants, 150 speakers, and dozens of panel presentations with over 35 countries represented.
This year the World Stem Cell Summit will be co-located with the industry’s premier partnering event; Phacilitate Leaders Forum, incorporating Cell & Gene Therapy World, Immuno-Oncology Frontiers World, and our shared Cord Blood & Perinatal Stem Cells track.
Date: Monday, January 22nd to Friday, January 26th
Location: Registration & Program Schedule: http://www.worldstemcellsummit.com/agenda/
The 2018 Stem Cell Action Award honorees will be recognized at a gala reception and dinner on January 23rd during the 13th annual World Stem Cell Summit (WSCS) at the Hyatt Regency Miami. The Advocacy Award will be bestowed on Vice President Joe Biden and Dr. Jill Biden as a result of their current work on the Biden Cancer Initiative, which focuses on making progress in the fight against cancer, and their previous efforts on the Cancer Moonshot. Dr. W. E. “Ed” Bosarge, chairman and founder of Black Beret Life Sciences, has been named the recipient of the Leadership Award due to his devotion to renewable energy and world-leadership in regenerative medicine. Three-time Emmy Award winner, Shelley Ross, and the non-profit she is president of, The Cure Alliance, will be honored with the Advocacy Award for their efforts to end suffering by developing cures for chronic, debilitating and fatal diseases. The Inspiration Award will be awarded to Adrienne Bel-Cors Shapiro, a sickle cell and stem cell advocate and Founder/Science Administrator of the Axis Advocacy. The founding Director of the Institute for Integrated Cell-Material Sciences (iCeMS) at Kyoto University, Norio Nakatsuji,will receive recognition as the International Leadership Award recipient for his leadership in several Japanese government-supported stem cell R&D collaboration projects.
Press Registration & Interviews: Howard R. Miller
Company Name: Howard R. Miller Communications
Contact Person: Howard Miller
Address:3009 NE Quayside Lane
Country: United States