The global blood group typing market size is anticipated to reach USD 3.44 billion by 2026, according to a new report by Grand View Research. It is expected to expand at a CAGR of 9.7% during the forecast period. Factors, such as rising usage of blood group typing in forensic sciences and prenatal testing, increasing number of blood transfusions due to number of road accidents, and growing demand for blood and associated products are projected to drive the growth.
Blood group typing determines and identifies the O, A, B, and AB blood groups with the help of laboratory tests. The test is mandatory before transfusion as it enables checking compatibility of the blood types of the donor and the recipient along with determining the Rh factor. These tests are also performed to determine Hemolytic Disease of the Newborn (HDN) in pregnant women, which is anticipated to further drive the growth.
Consumables dominated the product segment in 2018 and is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to the increase in surgical procedures, such as organ transplantation. Factors, such as increasing use of serological fluids and reagents in laboratories and high blood donation rates are anticipated to further fuel the segment growth. North America held the largest share of the global blood group testing market in 2018. Asia Pacific is anticipated to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
Lack of awareness, proper blood service infrastructure, and skilled professionals, as well as the risk of transmissible diseases such as HIV and hepatitis B are some of the factors that may impede the growth of the market for blood group testing.
Browse full report with Table of Content @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/blood-group-typing-market
Blood Group Typing Market Report Highlights
• PCR-based and microarray technique segment is expected to register the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, due to increasing R&D activities focused on antibody-antigen interactions coupled with high prevalence of chronic diseases
• Consumables segment held the largest market share in 2018 among the products due to increase in number of transfusions and surgical procedures involving organ transplants
• Asia Pacific is projected to exhibit the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, attributed to the factors such as rising per capita healthcare expenditure, prevalence of chronic diseases, and improving healthcare infrastructure
• Key players of operating in the blood group typing market include Grifols, S.A.;Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.;Merck KGaA; Immucor, Inc.; Novacyt Group; Danaher Corporation; Agena Bioscience, Inc.; Ortho Clinical Diagnostics; and Quotient, Ltd
For Requesting a Sample Copy of This Report, Please Visit @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/industry-analysis/blood-group-typing-market/request/rs1
Blood Group Typing Market Segmentation
Grand View Research has segmented the global blood group typing market report on the basis of product, technique, test type, and region:
Blood Group Testing Technique Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• PCR-based and Microarray Techniques
• Assay-based Techniques
• Massively Parallel Sequencing Techniques
• Other Techniques
Blood Group Testing Test Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• Antibody Screening
• HLA Typing
• Cross-matching Tests
• ABO Blood Tests
• Antigen Typing
Blood Group Testing Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2015 – 2026)
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• South Korea
• Latin America
• Middle East & Africa
• Saudi Arabia
• South Africa
Inquire more or share questions if any before the purchase on this report @ https://www.grandviewresearch.com/inquiry/6662/ibb
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research is a market research and consulting company that offers market research reports, syndicated and customized reports. The company is headquartered in San Francisco, California. It offers client engagement for business consulting and market intelligence from various domains. The clientele is based across various countries with queries coming from more than 50 industries worldwide.
Grand View Research helps its clients to make informed decisions by helping them understand current trends and scenarios. Every year Grand View Research accomplishes more than 300 multi-country market studies to optimize consulting for clients.
Company Name: Grand View Research, Inc.
Contact Person: Sherry James, Corporate Sales Specialist – U.S.A.
Email: Send Email
Address:Grand View Research, Inc. 201 Spear Street 1100 San Francisco, CA 94105, United States
City: San Francisco
Country: United States